bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS  (Read 15627 times)

nmendes

BREAKING NEWS
« on: May 15, 2007, 04:02:57 PM »

Jerry Faldwell has died at the age of 73 today.  CNN has breaking news.

seminole

Re: BREAKING NEWS
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 04:26:07 PM »

I saw that on my msn homepage. Even though many disagree with his ways and views. we need to pray for comfort for his family and church members. They will be in mourning and that is a hard place to be in. May God comfort them in the way only He can
Seminole

nmendes

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 04:31:02 PM »

I agree. Thank you for saying that.

Nicole

blakparty

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 12:06:19 PM »

I agree.  I think we need to pray for his family that they are comforted by his passing. 

INDIANA-P

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 05:38:05 PM »

Hello, nmendes

As I was reading your post a scripture came to mind

John 17:9-10

I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me:for they are thine. And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them. Jerry Faldwell and family according to scripture was not His [JESUS]. I know this sounds very mean but it's one less liar in the enemies camp.   

nmendes

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 05:52:36 PM »

Thanks,

Indiana P.

I feel the same way too.  He was of the world.  He was not of God.  He was a man with plenty of things to say and yet at the end he had to eat his words.

However, still, my condolences to his family.

Nicole

gmik

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 08:39:42 PM »

Use to I would have gleefully said, Well now he knows how wrong he was....

Yuck. I don't like being that person.

He is dead.  Yes he was deceived by Gods Will for him.  He will learn the truth at the end.

But I do feel for his family in losing a husband, father, grandpa etc...

seminole

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 09:57:00 PM »

Come on now. The man is gone. He can't speak to anyone in his defense or to agree with anyone that he was wrong. His family is broken I know. Sorrow is a mean pill. Throw whatever you want to at my name. I am here to take it or not. I still think  I should try to have the mind of Jesus and compassion He showed. I know I am not capable of having the mind just like Jesus but I will do my best to show love that He showed me.

nmendes

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 10:49:07 AM »

Seminole,

Whether you like it or not people are going to talk good and criticize him at the same time.  And probably even more so since he has passed.

Everyone has good and bad traits about them.  He was a very public figure and a very outspoken man.  He said a lot of things that people did not agree with.  And he definitely did not appear very compassionate and loving towards those who practiced homosexuality.

In another light he was a strong advocate for higher learning as he started Liberty University.  It is obvious he was well respected and people looked up to him.  And there is no doubt that he will be greatly missed.

Nicole

mari_et_pere

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 11:13:53 AM »

Come on now. The man is gone. He can't speak to anyone in his defense or to agree with anyone that he was wrong. His family is broken I know. Sorrow is a mean pill. Throw whatever you want to at my name. I am here to take it or not. I still think  I should try to have the mind of Jesus and compassion He showed. I know I am not capable of having the mind just like Jesus but I will do my best to show love that He showed me.

Whether you like it or not people are going to talk good and criticize him at the same time.  And probably even more so since he has passed.

Nicole and Seminole,
I agree with both of you! He was this supposedly great man who loved the whole world but also was heard speaking pretty hatefully as if sinners didn't deserve to be spoken to. (kind of like Hagee does) I got news for anyone who thinks that way: All of us are sinners. Maybe nobody deserves help? There are some pretty disturbing things in the man's past though that make me question his entire overall motive.
But this verse came to mind when I read Seminole's reply:

Mat 5:44  But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,

Matt

Kat

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 01:32:21 PM »

Well I didn't keep up with this man.  So this doesn't matter to me at all.  There are lots of people dying in this world everyday.

Mat 8:22  And Jesus said to him, "Follow Me, and leave the dead to bury their own dead."

The tangle of lies that he believed and taught, will be purged in the Lake of fire.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

seminole

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 02:22:35 PM »

Seems cold to me. I don't keep up with eveyone's lives and I know people die everyday. Jesus said for the dead to bury the dead but was it spiritually dead that He referred to? Sorrow is felt by many people every day in this world. I think I should be compassionate if I know of heartbreak even if I don't know the people personally. I didn't know anyone in the Towers but when I saw them hit and then fall, my heart broke for all the family members that were impacted by the losses. If I see a car accident on the road or an ambulance screaming by I stop my thoughts to say a prayer for the people involved.
Seminole

hillsbororiver

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 02:53:57 PM »

It is interesting how we can somtimes forget that even the patriarchs and prophets these men of old who wrote and were written about in the OT were flawed, not to be revered. Only One is to be revered.

The "men of old" were not given a choice to be under the Old Covenant or the New, the promises they lived under pale in comparison to the promises we were given. I can see how the called and chosen have a parallel here with the OT prophets and "the men of old," who of the called would not choose to be of the elect (if it were in their power), who of the Old Covenant would not prefer the promise of the New Covenant? But that Light in their time was not granted to either.

We should be humbled and thankful for the Light and Promises granted to us.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

skydreamers

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 02:54:24 PM »

Seminole,

God has blessed you with a sensitive heart.  Your compassion for those suffering is a great thing.  But as this thread bears out, God has made us all uniquely different, with some traits more outstanding than others.  We respond differently for a number of different complex reasons.  I'm not sure that this means others are necessarily "colder", but perhaps that their traits and gifts are focused in other areas, which are also a benefit to mankind.  I've learned love is displayed in many different ways.  I use to think I was "cold" and cried out to God to show me how to love more.  While this always remains my prayer, I realize that I'm not "wired" the same as others, and so I don't try to measure my ability to love with what others say and do.  I don't know much of this man, and so I tend not to react as emotionally as when it is someone I know or identify with more closely.  I know, for me, I would get overwhelmed if I thought too much of all the people dying in the world, and of those who are left behind to mourn....see, I'm already starting to feel too sad...it gets me into a melancholy state that I find hard to get out of...so I guess I'd rather not go there.  But that doesn't mean I don't pray for people who are suffering.

May God be with us all in our times of suffering,
Diana

hillsbororiver

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 03:06:53 PM »

Hi Seminole,

It may seem like a cold statement but actually it is a statement of faith, I used to mourn my brother, sister and parents wondering what their ultimate fate would be, I have been blessed with the knowledge and the God given faith to no longer worry about these things.

These are the Lord's Words not Kat's (Kat by the way is as warm and caring a person as I have ever had the pleasure of meeting). This also has a spiritual meaning as does all of scripture but look at the circumstances they were spoken in, it could very well seem "cold" to some.

Mat 8:21  And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.

Mat 8:22  But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

nmendes

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 03:24:19 PM »

I would like to think that I, too, have a loving and compassionate heart.  And of course, it is human nature or "the beast" in us that can get us focusing on other people faults.

I am sure nobody means to be cold hearted here, Seminole:) 

chuckt

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2007, 03:27:33 PM »

hi everyone.

i never cared much for JF. but many dont care for me ;), he did exactly what needed to be done
in the overall plan of God.

here at work i work on a very complex laser imaging machine, the end result is very beautiful.
there are parts inside the machine by themself look tiny and insignifigant, even ugly, but without EVERY single part, the machine would not work, nor produce the end result.

may jerry falwells family and friends be comforted and  thru his death may the living lay to heart, thier own mortality
A good name [is] better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one's birth.

Ecc 7:2  [It is] better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that [is] the end of all men; and the living will lay [it] to his heart.

Ecc 7:3  Sorrow [is] better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better.

love and blessings in YESHUA
chuckt
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 03:46:50 PM by chuckt »

INDIANA-P

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2007, 07:41:39 PM »

I believe that this thread is coming to a close but let me say this given the chance most of theses preacher will not hesitate to KILL anyone of us to keep their lies from being exposed. of course this sounds mean but accurate. Jesus was merciful and compassionate towards the people and not the religious folk who wanted to KILL Him. Having the mind of Christ is also understanding that we must hate what God hates and love what He loves.

P.S. His family is in pain but after a while they will truly enjoy all of that tithe MONEY.     

hebrewroots98

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2007, 07:50:20 PM »

Wow, all of you are so wise...I can appreciate that!  You have all brought out some great points to ponder!  The amazing thing is that all of you are right before God to be dealing with this death issue as each of you are doing!  I have learned alot from all of you here.  Keep up the goodness in your hearts!!! :D  I'm proud to call you all brethren.

kudeta

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2007, 08:05:21 PM »

Jesus was merciful and compassionate towards the people and not the religious folk who wanted to KILL Him. Having the mind of Christ is also understanding that we must hate what God hates and love what He loves.

P.S. His family is in pain but after a while they will truly enjoy all of that tithe MONEY.

Quote from: Matthew 5:43,44
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

It sounds pretty foul to me to see you try to link your bitter and vengeful comments with the mind of Christ.  Jesus loved the man enough to pay for his redemption... how dare you imply otherwise?

I think Kat's reaction has been most appropriate.  He was a man and he died, and that's no more and no less tragic than any other death.  I will neither rejoice nor force myself into false mourning.

blessings,
 - John
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 17 queries.