bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS  (Read 15947 times)

Kat

Re: BREAKING NEWS
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2007, 12:29:45 PM »

Hi Pax,

It is that difference that he holds, why I do not consider him my brother.
I'm sure some of these teachers of the mystery Babylon are sincere and honest people, but still they are the blind leaders of the blind.

Mat 15:1  Then the scribes and Pharisees who were from Jerusalem came to Jesus, saying,
v. 3  But He answered and said to them, Why do you also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
v. 7  Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, saying,
v. 8  "This people draws near to Me with their mouth, and honors Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me.
v. 9  But in vain they worship Me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."
v. 12  Then His disciples came and said to Him, Do You know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this saying?
v. 13  But He answered and said, Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted shall be rooted up.
v. 14  Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

So I would not call those that are still blind my brothers.  But my brothers or sisters are those with the Spirit of Christ indwelling and keep His commandments, not the commandments of men.

John 14:15  If you love Me, keep My commandments.
v. 16  And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, so that He may be with you forever,
v. 17  the Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive because it does not see Him nor know Him. But you know Him, for He dwells with you and shall be in you.

Here is an email from Ray.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2633.0.html -------

We see that Jesus several times calls the pharisees hypocrites, blind fools, blind guides...etc. And in Matthew 5:21-23. Jesus commands us not to otherwise will be in danger of the fire of hell. Isn't this contradicting to His teachings?.
I know you receive tons of e-mails everyday, but I would appreciate it if you give me couple minutes of your time and answer my question.

May God Bless You,
Tony

Dear Tony:
We must learn to read more carefully. Every word is important. Here is what Jesus said: "But I say unto That whosoever is angry with HIS BROTHER....and whosoever shall say to HIS BROTHER, Raca...." (Matt. 5:22).

These lying, two-faced, blaspheming hypocrites were not Jesus' "brothers." Here are those who are Christ's "BROTHERS":  "For whosoever shall DO THE WILL OF MY FATHER which is in heaven, the same IS MY BROTHER...." (Matt. 12:50).  Contrarywise, "whosoever shall NOT do the will of My father is NOT my brother..."  This is because "Ye [same scribes and Pharisees] are of YOUR FATHER [not Christ's FAther, but YOUR father] THE DEVIL"  (John 8:44).

God be with you,

Ray
--------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

rocky

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2007, 01:36:08 PM »

1Co 1:10  Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

1Co 1:11  For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.

1Co 1:12  Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

sounds like babylon to me, yet still called Paul's brothers

1Co 3:3  For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

For me, one doesn't have to have a certain level of truth to then be a bretheren.  A brother is one that starts out with faith, faith in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ. 

A brother can be in strife, with division, and carnal, as Paul called them his brothers.

I believe those that are not bretheren, are those without faith in resurrection, but deny Christ has come in the flesh, deny his resurrection, and rely on works of the law for LIFE. 

Just my opinion,.

rocky

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2007, 01:45:49 PM »

1Co 1:23  But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

1Co 1:24  But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

1Co 1:25  Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

1Co 1:27  But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

1Co 1:30  But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

1Co 2:1  And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

1Co 2:2  For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

1Co 3:1  And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

1Co 3:2  I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

1Co 3:3  For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

1Co 3:9  For we are laborers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

1Co 3:16  Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1Co 3:23  And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

1Co 1:26  For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

Gal 4:9  But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

Gal 4:10  Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.

Gal 4:11  I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labor in vain.

Gal 4:12 Brethren, I beseech you, be as I am; for I am as ye are: ye have not injured me at all.

Joey Porter

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2007, 11:49:13 PM »

The tricky thing about it is that Cain and Abel were brothers.  Same goes for the prodigal son and the older son.  Ishmael and Isaac, Jacob and Esau, etc...

That's why Jesus said "brother will betray brother."  I guess that's also why Jesus said we are to love our enemies.  Because our brothers will be our enemies.

seminole

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2007, 02:20:03 PM »

In reference to an above made post, I agree that this has been a good and thoughtful discussion. I was initially concerned that it was just going to a "bashing" of those mentioned but it has turned into not that at all. We all can be stumbling blocks and we all have a piece of wood in our own eyes that we don't see for looking for the splinter in someone else's eyes. The day will come when all will fellowship in truth and love. I am not sure this can happen as we are now but it will come .
Seminole

mari_et_pere

« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2007, 02:48:13 PM »

I'm always the first to confess the planks in my own eyes. I have lots of them.  :(

Matt

seminole

« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2007, 07:09:57 PM »

Most days I have a whole lumberyard full in my eyes!
seminole

josh

« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2007, 08:42:23 PM »

My last name is "Woods" if that tells you anything! =)

mari_et_pere

« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2007, 11:29:59 AM »

LOL!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D :D Funny stuff man!

Matt

hebrewroots98

« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2007, 05:43:13 PM »

IN MEDIAS RES...YOU POOR SOUL ;) ;) ;)...AT LEAST HAVING A LAST NAME LIKE THAT YOU WILL ALWAYS BE AWARE TO LOOK AT THE SPLINTER IN YOUR OWN EYE BEFORE LOOKING AT OTHERS' ;)

joyful1

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2007, 08:48:11 AM »

:-\ My daughter was on the campus of Liberty University the day Jerry Fallwell died.  He was found in his office....my daughter called me right away looking for some comfort from ol' mom....she said everyone was so incredibly sad on campus, walking around with a look of confusion on their faces, as she put it....this happened only weeks after the terrible tragedy at VA Tech....my daughter informed me that many of the students at Liberty had friends at VA Tech and some of them had been killed....
great sorrow had swept over a place where normally there is great optimism and hope and excitement...

I cannot help but feel sorrow for his passing...but I am not overwhelmed by it...I know that he taught lies, okay...I know that he led others to believe those lies, okay...so I asked God to show me why I was still feeling sorrow?....

and then I thought of Jesus sitting on a hill, gazing at Jerusalem....
crying for her.

I think, maybe, that is why.

In the end....it will be good to finally be reconciled with Jerry, and my relatives, and all of God's children.  I look forward to that new heavens and new earth....when all this sorrow is once and for all turned into joy!

just my thoughts.
Joyce

mari_et_pere

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2007, 11:13:58 AM »

In the end....it will be good to finally be reconciled with Jerry, and my relatives, and all of God's children.  I look forward to that new heavens and new earth....when all this sorrow is once and for all turned into joy!
Amen to that, Joyce!!!!

Peace

Matt

seminole

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2007, 11:21:49 AM »

That is the hope we all have.
Seminole
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 17 queries.