bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: BILLY GRAHAM  (Read 10213 times)

nmendes

BILLY GRAHAM
« on: May 16, 2007, 12:38:20 PM »

Does anyone know the history of Billy Graham and how he became so well known as America's evangelist??? It appears that his rebel son, Franklin, is taking over the Graham dynasty.  Now he is wanting all children around the world to "Dare to be a Daniel".  How ridiculous is that!!!!

Very interested in your thoughts right now.

Peace and blessings
Love
Nicole.

Kent

Re: BILLY GRAHAM
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 02:08:38 PM »

William Randolph Hurst is the one that made him popular.

nmendes

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 02:13:13 PM »

Oh really!!! The name does sound familiar.  Was he in politics???

Kent

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 02:44:58 PM »

Publisher. A very major publisher.

Graham is also 33rd degree mason that takes his "altar call" new beleivers and sends them right bacvk into the cesspool they came from, or he sends them to the catholics (he loves the pope).

I dont trust him, but YMMV.

nmendes

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 02:54:15 PM »

I did not know Graham was a 33rd degree mason.  Isn't that the highest degree you can get???  Isn't that a lifetime membership or something??? If he is into this what is he doing preaching to the masses???

I personally don't like his eyes.  For some reason those eyes are very ominous (dark, evil, threatening).  I notice in his younger years his eyes were not as dark but as he has gotten older his eyes look deep - like he can see right through you or something.  I don't know. Maybe other people don't feel this way but there is just something about those eyes.

Kent

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 04:20:52 PM »

If you look into it, the 33rd is by invitation only, other degrees can basically be bought. Publicly, it goes up to 32nd degree. This is the same degree (33rd) that Aliester (sp?) Crowley had (black magician, satanist 20th century UK, a real nasty person) and quite a few other sinister people. Why anyone would want to identify with people like that... :-\

Some people consider the 33rd to be Illuminati, but I dont know. 

I know what you mean about his eyes.  I wouldnt trust him to give me the right time of day...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 04:22:27 PM by Kent »

nmendes

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 04:36:39 PM »

Do you think his son will be next one to take over??? Franklin Graham has been involved in quite a few projects lately.  Wasn't he the one that started Samaritan's Purse???

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 04:37:15 PM »

I'm not defending Graham,

But if you look on the net at reliable/non conspiracy sites you will find he is not a mason.  It is a hoax.

Craig

Kent

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 04:57:23 PM »

Is Fox news credible? msnbc? Bill Oh' Really??? Sean Insanity?

That is where research comes in. Some people only read MSM sources, others go outside that box and dig deeper. What really aggravates some people is using MSM sources to show what some think of as "conspiracies", like Bldg 7 demolition, wargames etc.  on 9/11.  :D

Some people see smoke and mirrors, I see smoke I know there's fire... But I dont try too hard to convince anyone. ;)

I never heard of "samaritans purse"...

nmendes

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 05:09:37 PM »

Samaritan's Purse is supposedly a non-profit humanitarian organization that goes around helping people such as those folks who got caught in the Katrina storm and also the Tsunami victims. 

I know it is under the Billy Graham umbrella but I don't know whether it was Franklin Graham or his father that started that organization.

nicole

gmik

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 08:43:10 PM »

I thought I read in Wikipedia that Graham went to that Bohemian Grove Club...yuk right there.  He is probably above reproach in Christendom...but I don't think he knows who Jesus is.  He still lives large and in charge, like all the other $$$ "evangelists".

Joey Porter

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 09:27:31 PM »

I don't know for sure if Graham is a Mason.  He may be. But we have to be careful that we don't slander anyone.  If he is not a Mason, then we are sinning by proclaiming that he is. 

We should probably just say that he does not teach sound doctrine and leave it at that.

seminole

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2007, 09:50:08 PM »

I went to see him at a huge arena once. I could hear him speak but couldn't really see him. In pictures , he does have strong , intense eyes. Some people do. He didn't say anything out of the way that I can remember. It was a long time ago.

GODSown1

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2007, 10:01:26 PM »

hey all,
         Personnally I fink even tho uz all go on abowt! $$$ evangilist & whomeva else, its really YOUR! relationship wit GOD & YOUR! Plan HE has 4 YOU!, So I believe We must LOVE!! alL! & just let GOD do wot HE has had Planned right from the staRt, az HE is in CONTROL!!, well aint HE???.
          much muchLOVE!! Pera

seminole

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2007, 10:02:40 PM »

I agree with pera!

nmendes

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 10:18:13 AM »

Well, it's just that people tend to esteem him so much.  One has to becareful when putting man up on a pedastal.  It would appear to me that people look at him or revere him almost in a god like manner.  I have seen his crusades on television (especially his early years).  He knows how to captivate an audience.  His words are smooth and he draws people to him.

He is a very distinquished looking man and well respected by quite a lot of people.

But basically what it all boils down to is the teaching of God's word and how it is being taught.

Is it being taught correctly through the scriptures??? Or is it being taught with a veil over one's eyes???

But please don't get me wrong - I respect Mr. Graham as a talented speaker and the uncanny ability to capture his audience's attention.

Peace , Blessings & Love
Nicole.

mari_et_pere

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2007, 11:21:15 AM »

LOL....I think this verse is my verse of the day, because it fit my last post and it fits this one too.

Mat 5:44  But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,

Billy Graham isn't trustworthy to someone who knows the truth. 33rd degree Mason or not. Personally I've seen evidence to back that up, but it doesn't matter to me what God's will for his life is. I don't care if he lies, cheats and steals. I don't care what his personal/business motives are. What I do care is that he leads people astray, and that's ashame. Plus that fact that IF, IF he's a 33rd degree Mason, AND he's leading people astray, then that's all planned, folks. 1 + 1 always equals 2. He's a disinformation machine either way, so's his kid, so's his corporation. IMO

Matt

YellowStone

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2007, 11:52:26 AM »

Hi Matt,

Your words sparked a thought and I thought I would respond.  :)

You wrote:
I don't care what his personal/business motives are. What I do care is that he leads people astray, and that's ashame. Plus that fact that IF, IF he's a 33rd degree Mason, AND he's leading people astray, then that's all planned, folks. 1 + 1 always equals 2.

I think there is more to him leading people away, just as there is more than it being a shame. Likewise, I believe the following words of Paul, hold a deeper meaning than what might first be seen.

Rom 9:20  Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed [it], Why hast thou made me thus?

We can easily turn this around, but not accusatory but with a truthful mindset and ask God: "What is it that I am to learn from Billy Graham?" Billy Graham is not leading people away, the people are being led away by their own carnal desires, in accordance to God's will. Please never think that Billy Graham or the like has more influence than God. :)

The only shame is that "we" the enlightened, may miss the spiritual significance behind the likes of he.

Perhaps the most important thing is that we thank and praise God for granting us his Spirit of Truth.

Ephesians 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith–and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God– 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

And plead with him that He never takes it away, because if he does, we will not recieve it back in this life time. I'm not sure about you, but this is a very sobering thought,  :'(

Hebrew 6:4-6 [NIV]
4 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit,
5 who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age,
6 if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because [fn2] to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.

So in conclusion, Billy Graham cannot direct his own steps, or think in anyway that could change the direction of his life.

Jer 10:23 O LORD, I know that the way of man [is] not in himself: [it is] not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

Mat 6:27  Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?  

As you say, "It's all planned, folks"   :D

Your brother in Christ,
Darren

mari_et_pere

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2007, 12:01:29 PM »

AH.......you turned that one around on me didn't ya? LOL.......
No but Darren you're right! (I don't know why I forget) God has total control! If it is, it's meant to be. It's all planned, folks. ;D

Matt

Pax Vobiscum

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2007, 12:35:46 PM »

Perhaps I am just in a mood...

Can we just stop this thread now?  I see nothing that edifies the spirit and see mostly just unsubstantiated claims directed toward one brother -- not his teaching.

Let's raise the bar a bit, OK?

Peace
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.