bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Giants v Dolphins in London  (Read 4248 times)

Nelson

Giants v Dolphins in London
« on: May 17, 2007, 07:25:57 AM »

Hi folks,

Been selected for tickets for the NFL game between the Giants & Dolphins at Wembley Stadium, London this October. Over 500,000 subscribed for tickets and we were selected from a draw.

Me and my wife have been big NFL fans for over 20 years and I played the game here in the UK for about 5 years in the 80's. I've seen pre-season games at the old Wembley Stadium but this is a regular season game and I am a Giants fan so we're very excited about it.

With West Ham Utd (East London soccer team I support) miraculously surviving relegation last weekend and being selected for the NFL tickets I'm feeling quite blessed at the moment, even if it is a carnal blessing. ;D

Thought I'd share that as I've had my fair share of suffering over the years and it's a nice feeling to have some things go right for a change. But whatever happens in this existence I know that my Lord is always with me and He is my constant joy.

Love, grace and peace to you all

Nelson

Redbird

Re: Giants v Dolphins in London
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 08:16:18 AM »

Dear Nelson,

Good for you! ;D I hope you and your wife have a fabulous time.  My sons play football and because of that, I am now a fan of the game also.... and I am beginning to think there is more to it than meets the eye.

Peace to you ~ Lisa

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 09:19:27 AM »

Hi Nelson,

You wouldn't happen to have some numbers for me to play in this week's lotto would you?  ;)

I had the pleasure of witnessing a soccer match between England and Germany back in Oct. 2000 at the old Wembley Stadium Germany won 1-0 but it was a classic performance, the crowd was a bit rowdy but at least from what I saw it was all in good fun, not much different from attending NFL games here in the States. Actually the best part was riding the tube back to the Hotel and listening to the guys singing these old "fight" songs as they were waving their beers in a blatant disregard of the rules of the subway.

My Buccaneers should be a force once again as our defense has been shored up and our new QB Jeff Garcia seems to be in his prime at 37 years old, if his performance last year in Philadelphia is any indication.

Congratulations Brother,

Joe

gmik

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 08:24:22 PM »

Really cool Nelson.  I love happy news!

(My hubby had a try-out w/ the Vikings-Carl Page (?) ran over his face-he got cut!  Played for U of Michigan 4 years-so we all love football here)

See ya at Easter ;)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 09:36:09 AM »

Hello Nelson

That is GREAT!

I was in Rome when Italy won the world cup some years back but I have to tell you, even knowing zip about soccer, the city went wild with excitement and I have not forgotten!

My son also plays the game now and I can see what skill is required!

Hope you and your wife have a really fun time. All good things come from our Lord.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

blakparty

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 03:07:10 PM »

Man good for you.  That is AWSOME!!!!  I love football but unfortunatley I am from the city of brotherly love so you do know what that means? ;D  THAT IS RIGHT FLY EAGLES FLY.  Anyway, have fun at the game and I hope the Giants beat up on the Dolphins.  (Only if they are about three to four games out of first place in the division, LOL)
God Bless, Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 17 queries.