bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: fruit flies have free will  (Read 10764 times)

okjohnson

Re: fruit flies have free will
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2007, 01:22:47 PM »

Thanks YellowStone

Yep, I was just pointing out the micromanaging again, mostly a link to the description of Free Will on Wikipedia.
Me thinks you like to think, and find chess and card games boring.

God be with you

Orlando

YellowStone

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2007, 01:27:29 PM »

Orlando,

WOW!!  Is it that obvious?   ;D

Too funny; you have made my day. :)

Love in Christ,
Darren

okjohnson

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2007, 08:18:23 AM »

Glad you got a kick from it YellowStone.

I think you have a pretty good understanding of Free will from what I have read of your posts. And it has been helpful to me.

I was wondering about your question in your reply to me about the need for prayer. Do you really question if prayer is necessary, or was this just a question you were answering ? I wasn't clear on that.

I ask because I do not think  that just because God is going to get it done anyway, that we should not pray. I believe that God needs the fellowship of his elect as much as we need his. There are many things we can say to God that do not depend on his will, and still accept that his will is going to be done in those things he deems necessary.

Orlando

YellowStone

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2007, 10:42:33 AM »

Glad you got a kick from it YellowStone.

I think you have a pretty good understanding of Free will from what I have read of your posts. And it has been helpful to me.

I was wondering about your question in your reply to me about the need for prayer. Do you really question if prayer is necessary, or was this just a question you were answering ? I wasn't clear on that.

I ask because I do not think  that just because God is going to get it done anyway, that we should not pray. I believe that God needs the fellowship of his elect as much as we need his. There are many things we can say to God that do not depend on his will, and still accept that his will is going to be done in those things he deems necessary.

Orlando

Orlando, I could talk for a long time on my understanding of prayer. :)

But in context of what I said: Why are we told to pray, if our prayer is meaningless and irrelevant? If this is so, then is not the the instruction to pray, meaningless also?  :D

I DO NOT believe this at all. We are told to pray for a reason and I do not think that it is for the fulfillment of God's purpose. (even though this is a given) Prayer, is in my mind our spiritual link to the Father.

I have changed my prayer habits, quite a lot. Where before I used to ask for the same old thing, over and over, I no longer do. Basically, if I have half the faith and trust in God as I think I do, then I need never ask for anything more than once. Why? Because, by asking over an over again, am I really putting all my faith in Him, that He heard me and or answered me.

I might be completely wrong and if so, I am open for comments. Yet, I do not think God is a petty God. I do NOT believe that He is a God that needs his ego stroked. What I am saying is, I do not think God rewards the one who asks the most number of times; rather, I think He rewards those who ask but once and "know" that He heard them and that their prayer will be answered.

Well, what of more than one person praying for another? Tricky, I very much believe in prayer Groups, chains, ect. But, I believe the same principle applies, ask but once and "know" that God heard and that He will answer. Don't believe, know!!  Do you see the difference? It's subtle but significant all the same.

Does this make sense,

Love in Christ,
Darren
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 17 queries.