bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with Luke11:24-26  (Read 4427 times)

berniekruger

Help with Luke11:24-26
« on: May 17, 2007, 04:37:09 PM »

I picked this up in the Bible codes thread, and I studied up a bit but I am still confused.

I once heard a sermons on this.

Version 1
Essentially relating to one's re-birth and backsliding relating to the house being swept clean.  In a nut shell, after accepting Christ you are filled with the Holy Spirit, then you back-slide you can be worse off because you are filled with more evil.

Version 2
You had a demon cast out of you or been delivered from something, you do not accept Christ or are not filled with the Holy Spirit at this time, you go back to whatever your were delivered of and also then do other bad things.

Both confusing; hence my lack of study on Luke.

Luk 11:24-26  "Whenever an unclean spirit goes out of a person, it wanders through dry places looking for a place to rest but doesn't find any. So it says, 'I will go back to my home that I left.'
When it arrives, it finds it swept clean and put in order.
Then it goes and brings with it seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they go in and settle there. And so the final condition of that person is worse than the first."

Luv to all

skydreamers

Re: Help with Luke11:24-26
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 05:19:21 PM »

Hi Bernie,

Yes, this is an interesting verse.  I don't know if I can be much help.  I couldn't find anything in Ray's writings so far....maybe Kat could help???

Some things I've noticed which are interesting, however, as we study this out, is the number seven is used.  Seven seems to be God's number for completion.  Also, in Mathew's version we read it this way:

Matthew 12:43-45
43  When the unclean spirit has gone out of a man, he walks through dry places seeking rest, and finds none.
44  Then he said, I will return into my house from where I came out. And when he has come, he finds it empty, swept, and decorated.
45  Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more evil than himself, and they enter in and live there. And the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so it also shall be to this evil generation.

Perhaps in the process of man becoming a true son of God, this experience is necessary...a complete (seven) experience of evil?

Ecclesiastes 1:13
I applied my heart to inquiring and exploring by wisdom concerning all that is done under the heavens:it is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.

We go through an experience of being in the church where we try to "clean" ourselves up for Christ...."empty, swept, and decorated" but we are not yet converted.  The apostles spent 3 1/2 years with Christ but were not yet converted.

From Ray's talk on "How Hard is Getting Saved?":

Jesus Christ never converted a person in His whole ministry. It’s just amazing. If you said that in a church they’d be throwing rotten tomatoes at you. In His whole ministry Jesus Christ never converted one person!

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3849.0.html

So maybe these verses have something to do with the depth of the experience of evil we must go through before conversion comes??

Also, in Mathew he mentions, "so it will be to this evil generation"...it seems to me the church is getting worse as time goes on...this may speak to every generation that is reading this scripture...all these things are happening for our admonition.

Looking forward to other insights into these scriptures.

Peace,
Diana

Laren

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 06:13:31 PM »

I think it is in reference to those who don't stay faithful to the end.

Hbr 10:23  Let us hold fast the profession of [our] faith without wavering; (for he [is] faithful that promised;)

Hbr 10:24  And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

Hbr 10:25  Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some [is]; but exhorting [one another]: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Hbr 10:26 ¶ For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Hbr 10:27  But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Hbr 10:28  He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

Hbr 10:29  Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Hbr 10:30  For we know him that hath said, Vengeance [belongeth] unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

Hbr 10:31  [It is] a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Gal 5:1 ¶ Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Gal 5:2  Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

Gal 5:3  For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

Gal 5:4  Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Hbr 6:4  For [it is] impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

Hbr 6:5  And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

Hbr 6:6  If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put [him] to an open shame.

Hbr 6:7  For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:

Hbr 6:8  But that which beareth thorns and briers [is] rejected, and [is] nigh unto cursing; whose end [is] to be burned.

2Pe 2:20  For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

2Pe 2:21  For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known [it], to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

2Pe 2:22  But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog [is] turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 06:17:05 PM by Laren »

Redbird

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 06:19:36 PM »

Hi Bernie and Diana and Laren,

The seven churches of Revelation come to mind also, which Jesus speaks of overcoming.

Lisa
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 06:48:10 PM by Redbird »

kudeta

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 09:09:55 PM »

Quote from: berniekruger
Version 1
Essentially relating to one's re-birth and backsliding relating to the house being swept clean.  In a nut shell, after accepting Christ you are filled with the Holy Spirit, then you back-slide you can be worse off because you are filled with more evil.

This actually seems pretty much right to me, except maybe a little bit of rough terminology.   I don't think we are "reborn" in this lifetime, and having seven unclean spirits might be better described as being more completely divided from God, rather than "more evil."

The Lake of Fire series, part 14 seems to discuss a lot of stuff that relates, or can be drawn parallel to the verses in Luke.  I'd quote, but it really is like half of the paper. :)

Okay, I'll quote a tiny bit, anyway:

Quote from: LoF, part 14 (bolding mine)
THE BEAST WITHIN / THE MAN OF SIN / THE SON OF PERDITION

I showed from the Scriptures in our last installment that we only become aware of the beast when we are standing on the "sand of the sea." AFTER our spiritual house built upon spiritual sand FALLS DOWN, and WE fall down. And this is precisely why Paul tells us that the

"…day of Christ… shall not come [to US] except there come a FALLING AWAY FIRST…" (II Thes. 2:1-2).

This "fall" by the way is not a little slip or a little stumble. It is a complete and total SPIRITUAL FALL! We all come to Christ with a simple childlike innocence. But … BUT, once we are in "the church of our choice," we start to get educated in the ways of Christendom. We learn of many rules based on the unscriptural traditions of men. We delight in many of these rules and traditions (sometimes not all of them), and before we know it, our new religion sooner or later TAKES US RIGHT BACK INTO THE WORLD that we thought we came out of.

When we are called, and experience our First Love, we are swept clean (simple childlike innocence), and are supposed to become a temple of the Holy Spirit (I Cor. 6:19), set apart to live spiritually (Sermon on the Mount), and shine the light of Jesus into the world (Matt 5:14-16).

Instead, we tend to find ourselves wrapped up in Babylon, repossessed with new worldly concerns, whose hold on us becomes all the stronger, because our taste of the Spiritual seems a sign that these new worldly concerns are "the truth," which blinds us to the real spiritual concerns.

Kat

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 05:34:02 PM »

Hi Bernie,

I was looking at the scripture in Luke, it has been a quandary for me for a long time.  It is in Matt version that I notice this word.

Mat 12:43  "When the unclean spirit has gone out of a person, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, but finds none.
v. 44  Then it says, 'I will return to my house from which I came.' And when it comes, it finds the house empty, swept, and put in order.
v. 45  Then it goes and brings with it seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they enter and dwell there, and the last state of that person is worse than the first. So also will it be with this evil generation."

As Kudeta was saying;

When we are called, and experience our First Love, we are swept clean (simple childlike innocence), and are supposed to become a temple of the Holy Spirit (I Cor. 6:19), set apart to live spiritually (Sermon on the Mount), and shine the light of Jesus into the world (Matt 5:14-16).

We all are 'suppose' to become a temple of the Holy Spirit, but our eyes are not opened while we are there.  The Holy Spirit does not come into us until we leave Mystery Babylon. 

Again Kudeta has stated this as to what actually happens while we are in the church;

Instead, we tend to find ourselves wrapped up in Babylon, repossessed with new worldly concerns, whose hold on us becomes all the stronger, because our taste of the Spiritual seems a sign that these new worldly concerns are "the truth," which blinds us to the real spiritual concerns.

In Matt. and verse 44 says he is 'empty' and does not have the Holy Spirit.  This is verified in verse 45 where Jesus states "So also will it be with this evil generation."

So does this mean that being steeped in the doctrines of the church makes you 7 times worse?  As Diana said 7 is a no. to show completion.

Though this scripture does seems to be speaking to the church/evil generation, but the believers also have to take care not to quench the Holy Spirit, that we would be 'empty' too.

1Thes 5:16  Rejoice always;
v. .17  pray without ceasing;
v. 18  in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
v. 19  Do not quench the Spirit;

quench 1 : put out, extinguish (quench a fire) 2 : to bring to and end 3 : slake, satisfy.  (Merriam-Webster)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 17 queries.