bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Angels=Greek aggelos  (Read 4676 times)

Brett

Angels=Greek aggelos
« on: May 20, 2007, 03:09:31 AM »

Hi!

In Jude 6, "And the angels [Gk: aggelos – messengers]...". So, it is not angels from heaven but men in flesh, 'messengers' are pastor, ministry, clergy. Am I right?

Thanks!

Brett
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 03:10:50 AM by Brett »

Redbird

Re: Angels=Greek aggelos
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 10:08:03 AM »

Hi Brett,

I think it's possible.

Peace to you brother, Lisa

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 10:36:10 AM »

Good observation Brett.

After reading Jude again your post made me think that the worldly phrase "you are an Angel!" or "you are my Angel" should not always be taken a compliment.  ;D :D.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

YellowStone

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 10:40:12 AM »

Hi Brett,

You ask:

In Jude 6, "And the angels [Gk: aggelos – messengers]...". So, it is not angels from heaven but men in flesh, 'messengers' are pastor, ministry, clergy. Am I right?

I believe you are correct in your reasoning here Brett :)

Jude help us with this is vs 4.

Jud 1:4   For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. 

Jude is talking of human men in this verse and I believe, links them to Enochs prophesy.

Jud 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

Jud 1:15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard [speeches] which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

Jud 1:16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling [words], having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

Jud 1:17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; 

Jud 1:18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

Jud 1:19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit. 

Kind of fits pretty well with you assertion, don't you think?  :)

But what does it mean by "And the angels....."

Jud 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Angel - aggelos {ang'-el-os} [32]

1) a messenger,
     a) envoy,
     b) one who is sent,
     c) an angel,
     d) a messenger from God

It is very interesting to note that of the 5 given meanings, the first and foremost is a messenger (devoid of form, meaning either physical or spiritual)

I am pretty sure that Ray has written extensively on this subject, but I have not been able to lay my hands on it.

I believe that the angelic messengers and the sons of God....

Gen 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they [were] fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.  

.... are men and not spiritual beings. Christ himself gives support to this. :)

Mat 22:30  For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

So, with all of this......it does appear that the mistaken, self-righteous clergy of today, who speak and teach own truth are indeed the "angels" that Jude was refering to.

Great observation :)

Your brother in Christ,
Darren

Redbird

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 11:14:51 AM »

Excellent Darren. Wow, we are truly learning. And I am humbled in His presence.

In Christ, Lisa
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 11:17:12 AM by Redbird »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 12:10:40 PM »

Paul asked the Corinthians...

1 Cor 6 : 3 Do you not know also that we are to judge the angels and pronounce opinion between right and wrong?

If this question is applied in todays world then it is the Pastors, Priests and Pope who will be judged by the Elect! That would make my ex-pastor really gnash his teeth! ;D :D such is the pride of Babylon.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Brett

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 01:25:32 AM »

Thanks all of you for the posted. It is great to learn each other.

Darren, you have well explaining about 'angel' and Greek aggelos=messengers. I remember somewhere Ray has said about 'angels' from heaven never fallen away from God (I'm not sure if I am right remember). If so, then in Jude 1:6 obviously cannot be real angels in heaven that have turned away from God's truth. It has to be flesh men that have turned away from God or not hold of His truth.

Good work, Darren :D.

Brett

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.