bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Testomony  (Read 12848 times)

jennie

My Testomony
« on: March 17, 2006, 10:00:29 AM »

I wanted to let you all know how I came to the Lord since you all were so kind to give me a chance here. When I was a little girl my mother took me and my brother to church. My Daddy didn't go with us. He had a bit of a drinking problem. After their divorce we were pretty much left on our own. My mama took us to church most Sundays at first but then the dating life started, some other things happened and she didn't want to be our mama anymore. This she told me later after I was grown.At that time we had to catch a ride to any church with anyone we knew who went. After I got driving age, I had to drive me and my little brother. I was so mad at God because I had to be the adult instead of a teen-ager. I worked a job to pay bills starting at age 14, made sure my brother had food to eat and clothes to wear. I had a lot of rage and then I found liquor. I dulled the pain of my life and made me relaxed. Mama's rule was if we didn't go to church on Sunday morning, we couldn't go out with our friends that week. That is the only reason I went. While I was saying litanies and prayers , I was planning my next "party time" in my mind. A friend had told me "once saved always saved" so you could do what you wanted and God had to forgive you. Believe me, I lived it! During this time I was drinking a quart of Jack Daniel's about every 2 days. Still working, going to school , keeping my grades on A-B level and raising my brother. I didn't want God in my life. I was mad at God but one Sunday morning, something, I guess the Holy Spirit , wouldn't let me go. It felt like as soon as my left foot turned, I was carrried to the altar. to pray. To make another long part shorter, I got married, my husband felt "called": to the misistry and we did the "church thing. I tried to be like other church people in dress, what I said and so on. We both finally realized it wasn't about the external things but what was inside and we lived accordingly. Needless to say, we were not accepted very well by the "church People" then because we were raising questions and usually getting answers like " that is how we have always done it". In short, we left that church and even though we have little money we now are in a church of people who focus only on what God leads them to do. Our main thing is " loving others as we love ourselves". We don't ask questions just help people. sorry for the length but I wanted you to know where I come from. Jennie

John

My Testomony
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 11:46:07 AM »

Hi Jennie,

What an GREAT testimony! Thanks for sharing. I can relate to doing the 'church thing'.

God bless you and yours,
John

Satch

testimony
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 12:14:28 PM »

It's very nice to meet you,Jennie.

shibboleth

My Testomony
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 01:23:02 PM »

Hi Jennie,
It sounds as if you have a nice group of people to meet with. I think about how God touches each of us in a personal way to show us His love and concern. The fact that you had to raise your brother, probably made you a more matuyre teenager. Things happen in our life to give us compassion for others who have the same trials and tribulations.
God bless and keep you.

jennie

testimony
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 06:26:59 PM »

Thanks to you all. I just noticed I spelled testimony wrong!!!! Oh  well!

Gill

My Testomony
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 07:04:13 PM »

Hi Jennie,

Welcome  :) .  I don't know how much material you've read on the Bible-Truths site but it certainly helped me to understand why life can be so, for want of a better word, messy, at times.  Knowing that God creates evil and uses it for His good purposes (which ultimately are good for us too) gave me peace and acceptance of the things i find difficult to experience, or see others experiencing.  Thanks for sharing your testimony and i hope that God blesses your studies.

orion77

My Testomony
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 10:19:53 AM »

Jennie, you hit the bullseye about loving our neighbor as ourselves.  That is what it's all about.  Great testimony, keep studying and loving.  We cant go wrong when we do these things.

God bless you and yours.

Gary

Falconn003

My Testomony
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 02:32:05 PM »

Jennie

what a wonder you are for sharing this part of your private self.

God bless you and your loved ones

Rodger

jennie

wonder
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 04:34:37 PM »

Oh Rodger, you are too kind. Sometimes I find myself wondering what I am! I finally have come to the place in my life where I am whatever I am and as long as I have peace with God I don't worry much about playing "the part" anymore! You have a great evening Rodger and by the way, I love that little picture that comes up when you post!

Falconn003

My Testomony
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2006, 05:24:56 PM »

jennie

why thank you i did it me self don't ya know.

you can too.

good eve

Rodger

gmik

my testimony
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2006, 01:45:39 PM »

Jennie.  After reading some of your posts, I came back here to read your testimony.  You are a blessed addition to this forum.  Thanks for being real!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 17 queries.