bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Back From Conference  (Read 12841 times)

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Back From Conference
« on: May 21, 2007, 12:20:40 PM »

Hi All,

The conference was wonderful!  The audio, and probably some pictures, will be posted soon.  In regards to the content of the material discussed, I will only say that I now have a much clearer and deeper understanding and appreciation of God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ.  I was truly blown away by some of revelations brought to light.  I'm sure many of you will be as well.

The fellowship was awesome!  Interestingly, the majority of the new people I met were not members of the Forum, however I did my best to encourage them to join :).  Those from the Forum I had the pleasure of spending time with were Joe, Craig, Gena, Dennis, Indiana Bob, Patrick, and Jason.

Just wanted to give a little update.

Rene
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 12:22:20 PM by Rene »

mari_et_pere

Re: Back From Conference
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 12:28:45 PM »

Rene,
Awesome to hear you had a good experience. I gotta admit that I'm a bit jealous LOL. So there were people not from the forum there? Was the conference including people from other places or what? I was wondering about that. I guess it's not a bible-truths forum exclusive event? Not that it matters; just wondering.
Anyway, again it's awesome to hear that the conference went well. I guess everyone must be exhausted because this forum is pretty lifeless today.  :)

Matt

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 02:57:26 PM »

Hi Matt,

No, the conference was not a Bible-Truths Forum exclusive event.  The Bible Conference consisted of those who have read or are reading the material on the Bible-Truths.com website, and it appears that most of them are not members of the Forum.  In fact, I did not join the Forum until after attending my first conference last year.  I was encouraged to join the Forum by Kat and a couple of others I met at that time.

I hope this answers your questions.

Rene

mari_et_pere

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 03:10:21 PM »

That's cool. I didn't realize it wasn't a forum exclusive thing. I have no idea why not though, except for my sleep deprivation from working too stinking much! I'd love to attend one sometime though. Here's hoping for fall I guess.........

Matt

Redbird

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 06:37:25 PM »

Dear Rene,

Thank you for the info!  I am also excited to hear the new revelations shared.

Peace to you, Lisa

hebrewroots98

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 06:43:59 PM »

Thank you Rene' for the update!  I am eager to hear what he had to say.  I think it's great that those whom aren't members have the opportunity to hear and learn and see the love between brethren!  What a blessing you members must have been to the non members; and especially for them to get to hear Ray LIVE! :D :o  Glad ya had fun!  What was your most memorable time?

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 07:58:15 PM »

Hello Rene

I am so glad for you that you could attend. What a blessing! Thank you for sharing!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 08:27:04 PM »

What was your most memorable time?

Both the teachings and the fellowship were equally memorable.  It is a rare experience and a blessing.

Rene'

iris

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 09:01:54 PM »

Hi Rene,

Thank you for sharing.
I can't wait to hear the audio.  :o
I hope someone took some pictures
and will share them with us.  ;D

In Truth and Love.
Iris

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 09:14:06 PM »

What was your most memorable time?

For me it was the feeling of kinship with others at the meeting.  In churches everyone is friendly, most of the time, but I never felt a kinship with them like I did with those at the conference.  When I think of brothers and sisters in Christ, I've finally found the true meaning.

One thing that was wonderful was all of the different people, races and past beliefs that was represented.  The most segregated day of the week in America is Sunday.  At the conference there was no differences felt, just oneness in fellowship.

I just wish I would have had a longer chance to meet everyone.

And Ray was pretty good too! :D

Blessings
Craig

Patrick

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2007, 09:33:38 PM »

Just arrived home myself. Good seeing you again, Rene! Also, nice to meet some new people and see some of the regulars. I missed seeing Kat, Gordon, and his wife. God Willing, we will see one another in the Fall.

What an awesome conference; It was a much needed attitude adjustment for me.
What a Loving God the Father and God the Son we have!!!

And Ray was pretty good too! :D

Blessings
Craig

;D

rjsurfs

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 11:10:29 PM »

Could someone post the notes from the conference that Ray was to hand out Sunday?

My wife and I have six kids between us and couldn't figure out a way to get the kids taken care of for the Sunday part... thinking we would be there I didn't ask Ray for them Saturday.

Thanks!

Bobby

Nevermind!  I just found them here: http://bible-truths.com/audio/notes.htm.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 11:23:05 PM by Bobby Proctor »

hebrewroots98

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007, 05:38:58 PM »

Craig, your post gave me chills (good chills) as I read it. 

....WHAT A NEW AND UNEXPERIENCED CONCEPT (for myself) OF EVERYONE IN THE SAME ROOM BEING TRUELY ONE IN FAITH AND ONE IN UNITY THROUGH THE BOND OF PEACE!!!  I have never experienced that before and I am so looking forward to that one day soon! :D  I won't be able to read the info for a couple of days yet though!

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2007, 11:41:43 AM »

Hi People!

This was my first time attending the bible conference.
I went at the last moment with hardly any money in my pocket but
I knew I had to go!!
I'm so glad I did!
I met some wonderful people and got to share stories
of how we stumbled on to this site! It was great!! It was amazing to hear
how we all have similar feelings towards the church today and the direction
its going. It was also interesting that some of the thoughts I had about God the father and Jesus
were similar to Ray's and others! I have never met so many people in the same place who
believed the same thing.
I agree with Craig, I loved the diversity at the conference!
We all loved the truth and would fight to seek it out!!
I never met so many who loved the word of God!!!!!!!!!
I hope to go to the fall conference!!

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

gzeigler

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2007, 01:23:17 PM »

Greetings everyone!

Here is my first posting on the forum and I attended the conference solely motivated from the website only!  I am looking forward to the Mobile conference.

Sunday was the most power-packed part of the conference, for me, especially when Ray spoke about Jesus from Isaiah 53 and he took some time to address being human.  I never thought of Jesus as being "afflicted" or diseased even though I am familiar with the verses about carrying our diseases in his body or the predicted comment that some would tell him to heal himself.  After a little listening, it became obvious to me that Jesus' walk was not easy and constantly fraught with some difficulty. 

Ray addressed the question that I suspected was on everyone's mind, that is, "Am I part of the chosen?"  I don't remember specifically what he said, but I was comforted to know that all is in God's will and if one is chosen, be prepared to be judged in this life (not that I want to suffer!).  We all wrestle with sin, which is a necessary agent to help us develop into sons of God.  I find that once I cover the basics (prayer, study, worship, fellowship) I am more concerned with pleasing than being pleased.

Another interesting point, -that is not well received by those who subcribe completely to a trinity- is the fact that Jesus was begottened!  I ask about the definition of begotten and then I add Jesus to the definition and the subject changes.  I think this is called cognitive dissonance.  In reading the notes Ray prepared, I found the word God has a meaning not like what I expected and that "God" is a position more-so a person. 

I have a few more things to comment on but time is pressing me to finish this posting.

I am only several decades behind in learning so I will read, beg God for understanding, and learn communicate so that I can catch up!

Grace and peace
George/ Oceanside, CA.

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2007, 01:34:43 PM »

Antaiwan (Akira329),

I'm happy you made it to the Conference, however, I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you.  Unfortunately, there were several people I did not get a chance to talk to.  God willing, I will see you in the Fall.

George,

Welcome to the forum!  It was a pleasure meeting you and spending time with you at the conference.  I look forward to reading your comments here on the forum.

Peace and His grace to you all,

Rene'

gzeigler

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2007, 01:53:36 PM »

Rene, I hope your computer comes with a seat belt.

Based on the way I think and speak, you might I think I come from one of galaxies Ray showed us!

Toodles,

George

Patrick

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2007, 02:47:17 PM »

Based on the way I think and speak, you might I think I come from one of galaxies Ray showed us!

George

Welcome to the forum.

I'm pretty sure I come from one of those far away galaxies, George.
I've been told many times my way of thinking is way out there. ;D
A better word may be "Bizarre!"

Looking forward to your posts, also.
Patrick

Patrick

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2007, 02:56:55 PM »

Hi People!

This was my first time attending the bible conference.
I went at the last moment with hardly any money in my pocket but
I knew I had to go!!
I'm so glad I did!
I met some wonderful people and got to share stories
of how we stumbled on to this site! It was great!! It was amazing to hear
how we all have similar feelings towards the church today and the direction
its going. It was also interesting that some of the thoughts I had about God the father and Jesus
were similar to Ray's and others! I have never met so many people in the same place who
believed the same thing.
I agree with Craig, I loved the diversity at the conference!
We all loved the truth and would fight to seek it out!!
I never met so many who loved the word of God!!!!!!!!!
I hope to go to the fall conference!!

Antaiwan

Antaiwan, I apologise, I don't remember meeting you; terrible with names.
I can relate to your trip; my piggy bank is empty.
Glad you got to make it, and God willing, we'll see you in the Fall.
Patrick

gmik

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2007, 03:27:59 PM »

Antaiwan & George,  it was good to meet you both.

I love both of your comments and agree.  I loved Sunday's.  Ray is good on the build up but you always know he saves the best for last. I am still thinking about what he said on Sunday.  can't get it out of my mind.

Antaiwan, you sat by Oscar from Chicago. I just wondered how he liked the conference and if he will join the forum.

There was a bunch of folk I never even spoke to!!!  I wanted to talk to that couple from Ghana, and the couple sitting next to Oscar and several others. Its very hard to meet everyone.  Other than an introduction, I never even talked to ray!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.