bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Back From Conference  (Read 12823 times)

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Back From Conference
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2007, 06:19:32 PM »

Antaiwan & George,  it was good to meet you both.

I love both of your comments and agree.  I loved Sunday's.  Ray is good on the build up but you always know he saves the best for last. I am still thinking about what he said on Sunday.  can't get it out of my mind.

Antaiwan, you sat by Oscar from Chicago. I just wondered how he liked the conference and if he will join the forum.

There was a bunch of folk I never even spoke to!!!  I wanted to talk to that couple from Ghana, and the couple sitting next to Oscar and several others. Its very hard to meet everyone.  Other than an introduction, I never even talked to ray!!

Well, I feel like a goober now. Antaiwan sat in the row in front of me, next to the wall.
Antaiwan, if that was you, you touched my heart.
Sunday morning, I was getting in line to have breakfast, and you walked in, we said our hello's and then I heard the lady ask if you were staying in the hotel (she did not ask me). You could have very easily said yes and possibly had a free breakfast. But, you did not. You were honest and said no. Therefore, you had to pay for your breakfast when I know others that were not staying at the hotel had a free breakfast.
Good job!

Gena, I really enjoy Ray's teaching methods.
Need to stay till the end. I was bummed that you did not feel good Saturday. Hope all is well now!

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2007, 06:51:24 PM »

I'm happy you made it to the Conference, however, I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you.  Unfortunately, there were several people I did not get a chance to talk to.  God willing, I will see you in the Fall.

Thats okay Rene, hopefully we'll have plenty time to get to know one another. I plan to be at the fall meeting!

yeah I remember sitting next to Oscar? Was that his name? He was really quiet when we took breaks I lost track of him.

Antaiwan & George,  it was good to meet you both.

I love both of your comments and agree.  I loved Sunday's.  Ray is good on the build up but you always know he saves the best for last. I am still thinking about what he said on Sunday.  can't get it out of my mind.

Antaiwan, you sat by Oscar from Chicago. I just wondered how he liked the conference and if he will join the forum.

There was a bunch of folk I never even spoke to!!!  I wanted to talk to that couple from Ghana, and the couple sitting next to Oscar and several others. Its very hard to meet everyone.  Other than an introduction, I never even talked to ray!!

Well, I feel like a goober now. Antaiwan sat in the row in front of me, next to the wall.
Antaiwan, if that was you, you touched my heart.
Sunday morning, I was getting in line to have breakfast, and you walked in, we said our hello's and then I heard the lady ask if you were staying in the hotel (she did not ask me). You could have very easily said yes and possibly had a free breakfast. But, you did not. You were honest and said no. Therefore, you had to pay for your breakfast when I know others that were not staying at the hotel had a free breakfast.
Good job!

Gena, I really enjoy Ray's teaching methods.
Need to stay till the end. I was bummed that you did not feel good Saturday. Hope all is well now!

I remember seeing you I think???
I could have had breakfast at the hotel I was staying in but they didn't have a hot breakfast!!
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

indianabob

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2007, 03:56:05 AM »

Hello George and new friends,

Thanks for the commentary.  It was a great pleasure for me and my wife to meet you and especially realizing how far you had traveled to share in the opportunity.  We all have a lot of growing to do, even the old soldiers like Ray Smith and Dennis Vogel, and one of the benefits of fellowshipping with newbies like us is the challenge we present to the more advanced.  One never ceases to learn and internalize God's spirit of love.

George, I think that you will be pleasantly surprised with the progress you will make in the next few weeks and months.  It won't take ten years because God's spirit breaks through the chaff and leads directly to the germ of the wheat.  Provided that you like 'whole wheat' bread.  ;0)   ;)

Keep a good thought and keep on sharing. 
Bob & Doris Breyfogle
bob.breyfogle@gmail.com

gzeigler

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2007, 01:31:49 PM »

Thanks Bob!

I have been reading the website for nearly four years.  I have permitted my curiosity to be interested in the conferences posted in the past, but not until this year did desire, motivation and action come into agreement!  I am adjusting my mentality and priorities towards travel towards making as many functions as I can from now on. 

I was fortunate to meet a minister sometime in '95 that informed me God wants everyone saved and he quoted 1Tim 4.  That lead me to research the Greek roots for hell in the new testament.  I felt if we could look at the Greek for love and power why not hell?!?  Once I collected a small body of notes I began telling my parishioners that we all go to hell to get to heaven.   

I never found anyone intersted in looking at the Greek for hell or the possibility that God can and will save everyone.  No one accepted it!  They chalked it up to George being too brainy and not flowing with the (S)pirit.  Since I operated in love, it did not phase me. 

My next hurdle is to extricate myself from excessive media exposure so that I can devote more time to study and education.  The words discipline, character and guts comes into mind!

Grace and peace,
gtz

seminole

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2007, 05:28:19 PM »

I read what everybody wrote about the conference and then I followed the link to see what was taught, preached whatever you call it. I didn't see anything earth shattering that made me say "Oh!". Someone mentioned there were people not of the bibletruths forum there. How did it work out when someone wasn't embracing the philosophy set out here? I know here people get banned and stuff but what about at a conference. Not asking to cause you to kick me out but  asking only to understand.
Nole

hillsbororiver

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2007, 05:52:30 PM »

I read what everybody wrote about the conference and then I followed the link to see what was taught, preached whatever you call it. I didn't see anything earth shattering that made me say "Oh!".

Count yourself blessed to have been aware of and understanding these things that were spoken of.

Someone mentioned there were people not of the bibletruths forum there. How did it work out when someone wasn't embracing the philosophy set out here?

They were not members of the Forum but avid readers of Ray's Site (Bible Truths). George (a new Forum member) has been reading the articles for 4 years before joining here. I also saw some folks who attended the last Conference and have been reading the articles for quite some time and have yet to join.

I know here people get banned and stuff but what about at a conference. Not asking to cause you to kick me out but  asking only to understand.

Who has been banned that you are aware of since you have been a member? It is a rare occurance that has more to do with a contentious spirit and an impolite attitude than asking questions or for clarification, many times folks can agree to disagree and take that opportunity to do a careful study on their own.

Peace,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2007, 06:00:40 PM »

Those who were not just casually traveling with Saul but those who were WITH HIM saw the light.

Nole you wrote:
I read what everybody wrote about the conference and then I followed the link to see what was taught, preached whatever you call it.

what do you call it!...teaching preaching....what is it to you? (Rhetorical question.) :D

I didn't see anything earth shattering that made me say "Oh!".

You don't know what you are missing! :D ;D

Someone mentioned there were people not of the bibletruths forum there.

There are many who are not in the Forum who are with us but not yet visible to us or disclosed to us. Some look and learn before they join in. ...YOU said : I didn't see anything earth shattering that made me say "Oh!"  OH REALLY!  :D

How did it work out when someone wasn't embracing the philosophy set out here?

How did what work out? How did the person who wasn't embracing the philosophy.... PHILOSOPHY....EXCUSE ME! Where was the PHILOSOPHY?....the teaching and preaching is on the Scriptures not PHILOSOPHY. The truths shown are Bible Truths just like the name of the web site  8)

I know here people get banned and stuff

Do you have a problem with that....people getting banned and STUFF!

but what about at a conference.

What about at a conference? What about at any assembly or gathering? When one is not well behaved or dressed appropriately they get thrown out. No difference. Like Joe said...contentious....you know... :D

Matt 22:12. ...Friend, how did you come in here without putting on the appropriate wedding garment? And he was speechless. 13. Then the king said to the attendants, Tie him hand and foot, and throw him into the darkness outside; there will be weeping and grinding of teeth.

Not asking to cause you to kick me out but  asking only to understand.

Hope you got the picture!
:D

Peace to you

Arcturus
:)

« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 06:06:11 PM by Arcturus »

Kat

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2007, 06:21:54 PM »

Hi seminole,

I think what was meant that some attended the conference that were not from the forum, is they were are known posters here.  Like Joe said, I would think that everyone there was very familiar with BT and of like mind, or they would not have bothered to attend.  
I think people attend the conferences as an opportunity to hear what Ray teaches first hand.  
The fellowship is also a wonderful blessing.  It's hard to explain, but when you are with others that share this truth, there seems to be an unusual spiritual connection, unlike any thing else I've experienced.  It's being with a group of people that you know understand this extraordinary journey we are on.  But I would say you do have to have the love for this truth to experience this.
Now about someone coming in that did not agree, they could stay and maybe learn something.  
I have to say everytime Ray has come out with a new paper and the topics he spoke on at the conference, have always given me something to say "Oh!" about  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

gmik

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2007, 06:26:09 PM »

Nole, did you hear Sunday's??  I have never heard anyone teach/preach on Isaiah 52's Jesus. No teaching that I am aware teaches He was in pain and suffering during His life.  That was a big "OH".

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2007, 06:38:18 PM »

Thats easy, Patrick was standing by the door with a big ole lug wrench if things got out of hand. ;D ;D ;)

Craig

gmik

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2007, 06:41:36 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D

I just thought of another 'Oh"--all the galaxy & space talk was fascinating.

seminole

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2007, 05:14:59 PM »

That lug wrench bit was pretty good. Sounds like folks I know! I can't listen to audio. Don't know why but I can't make it work. Peace, Arcturus, not attacking you or anyone else! That sort of addressed my questions about what happens if someone disagrees with something. I am not bashing you or anyone else. Now, You got me?
Nole

Patrick

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2007, 06:20:08 PM »

Thats easy, Patrick was standing by the door with a big ole lug wrench if things got out of hand. ;D ;D ;)

Craig

Business must be slow at the filling station.  ;D ;)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.