bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What am I missing?  (Read 4752 times)

YellowStone

What am I missing?
« on: May 22, 2007, 01:22:13 PM »

Can someone help me out here. I was reading one of Ray's email responses speaking of God not being a spirit God.

I found this at: http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2606.0.html

Ray said this:
Dear Scott:

WHAT third person? Whose spirit is "HIS" spirit?  Is that "GOD'S spirit?"  Then it isn't its OWN spirit, is it?  Actually we are "conceived" by the spirit. We are not "born" until we enter the Kingdom through resurrection and a new spiritual body--then and only then will we be "LIKE the wind."

Jesus was conceived by what?  The "spirit god?"  There is no "spirit god" in my Bible. Is there one in yours?  I don't think so. No, God the Father HAS a spirit, and it is therefore HIS spirit, and that is why it [not 'he'] is called the Spirit OF God. The Spirit OF God BELONGS to God. Now then, does the Father BELONG to the Spirit?  No.  So follow closely:  Since Jesus was conceived BY the Holy Spirit, but He is the "Son OF THE FATHER" (II John 3), then the Spirit of God is the FATHER'S Spirit and is NOT A THIRD PERSON, seeing that Jesus is nowhere called "The Son of the Holy Spirit."  Am I going too fast for you?

Sincerely,
Ray

But I do see that there is many cases that the Bible clearly states that God is indeed a spirit.  ???

Jhn 4:24  (various Bible version)

[KJV] God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.

[NIV] God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.”

[NASB] "God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

[ASV] God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth.

[YLT] God [is] a Spirit, and those worshipping Him, in spirit and truth it doth behove to worship.' 

[DBY] God [is] a spirit; and they who worship him must worship [him] in spirit and truth.

Okay, if God is not a "Spirit God", or Spiritual in form, then what is he?

Another way to look at it is like this, if the spirit leaves man, man dies and returns to dust. So what happens if we (as if) could take the spirit away from God. What would be left?

Moderators, if you feel this is not a topic that should be discussed on the forum, please delete it and let me know, for I will email Ray. My only intent is discover if my eyes are as open as I think they are. I might well be missing something.   ::)

With Love in Christ,

Darren
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 01:23:05 PM by YellowStone »

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: What am I missing?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 08:49:24 PM »

Darren Emailed the question to Ray and this is his response.  Thanks for asking Darren, I'm sure others may have thought the same.

Craig

OF COURSE God IS spirit. What I said is there is a God the Son and a God the Father, but there is no GOD THE SPIRIT. God the Spirit is different from saying "God IS Spirit" or God HAS spirit. The trinitarians use the unscriptural phrase "God the Holy Spirit," and THERE IS NO SUCH PHRASE AS GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT IN ALL SCRIPTURE.
God be with you,
Ray
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 08:50:56 PM by Craig »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 22 queries.