bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another "ministries" goes up!!!!  (Read 5731 times)

blakparty

Another "ministries" goes up!!!!
« on: May 22, 2007, 03:00:57 PM »

I just happened to walk the neiborhood for a few seconds and notice another "blah blah blah ministries" open up to the public. (Synagogue)  It is claiming that it has the true gospel by offering Saturday service instead of Sunday service.  (YES THIS IS ON THERE SIGN)  I also noticed that in a two block radius, in my neiborhood, we now have 6 synagogues now.  I say this to say that while I was doing some brainstorming that it took me back to Genesis 11 when the people try to physically build a tower to physically reach heaven.  Then God confused there language.  Also it reminded me that when Paul said that God will make sure that they would believe a lie (2 Thes. 2:11).  Only if these people knew that our God is in control.  I thank God for the Truth!!!!!!  All these people trying to physically please God and don't even know that there "language" is confused because God did it.  I guess that is why most of them speak tounges. LOL (just a little side joke, please excuse my limited sence of humor)  But anyway think about that.

Redbird

Re: Another "ministries" goes up!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 01:46:05 PM »

Hi Rob,

Sometimes, I day dream, that one day God will turn these churches around....and that somehow they become filled with truth.  I still see so much beauty in the architecture of the cathedrals and the historical artwork.  Even the little old country christian churches can be quite pretty.  Just a thought and wishful thinking I guess.

Lisa
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 01:56:21 PM by Redbird »

YellowStone

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 02:33:37 PM »

Hi Lisa,

Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name.

Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, On earth as it is in heaven.

It's not a dream, but a promise...

Awesome!!  :)

Love in Christ,
Darren
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 02:35:06 PM by YellowStone »

Redbird

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 02:39:06 PM »

Darren,

Thank you for that timely and kind encouragement! :)

Peace to you dear brother,
Lisa

blakparty

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 09:45:43 AM »

Hi Lisa,
    I love the buildings too.  They do a good job of keeping them looking good.  But the inside is what is horrible.  I listen to my girlfriend everyday talk about the people in her church.  NO SPIRITUAL GROWTH AT ALL!!!  But it is in God's plan and I thank God everyday that I am not in the dark and that He has brought me, or should I say dragged me into His marvelous light.  We should feel like we hit the multi-million lottery everyday that we know the truth and that we are totally free from all that.  I watch my girlfriend go through a lot of headache to try do get things done for the church and I trully feel is that she is only doing these things to please her pastor and the church people and has totally forgot that she needs to please God and not man.  God Bless, Rob

mari_et_pere

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 11:38:04 AM »

I posted this on another post but I think it'll fit here good:

I've noticed something in my sister in law and brother in law. They are VERY involved in their church. They eat sleep and breath it. They are youth ministers, do sunday school, clean the church, go to ALL the outside activities, bla bla bla bla blah. Well here's what I've noticed about them. They seem to have a faith in "the message" and "the work" more than IN GOD or IN JESUS CHRIST.

Anytime (at least 9 out of 10, bare minimum) we ask them if they want to go out, or come over, just hang out, we get the response of "oh we're so busy with CHURCH tonight." It's almost CULT-ISH.

But what I'm getting at is, and Darren hit on this. Most people feel the need to have faith in something. For some it's drugs, or sex, or a god. For some, it's church itself. The act of being involved in church. The feeling of "serving God" by helping "the church" as they call it, do it's stuff." Kind of sad because in the long run, what a waste of time it will have been.

Peace

Matt

Church is wasting people's lives as far as I'm concerned. But it is what it is cuz God made it be so what can ya do but sit back and watch?

Peace

Matt

Redbird

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 01:19:49 PM »

Dear Rob and Matt,

I totally understand what you are saying. Your women sure are lucky to have such blessed and caring men.  :) This also reminds me of Jesus's words;

Luke 10:38 Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house. 39 And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word. 40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. 41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: 42 But one thing is needful; and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

Now fellows, in John 11:5, we learn... although Mary was more favored, The Lord also loved Martha;

Now Jesus loved Martha, and her sister, and Lazarus.

Peace to you dear brothers.
Lisa
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 03:02:26 PM by Redbird »

mrsnacks

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 02:44:46 PM »

I get what you mean about the church is wasting people's lives. But is it really ?
I think that is part of the journey. I went through the many churches. That was God's way of showing me this isn't it. I had to experience this myself. We learn by contrast. God's classroom is life and that is where we learn. So our experiences are valuable because we see now thanks to God. So we can relate. We have walked in their shoes so we can have compassion and understanding for them. How can a person who can't swim teach someone to swim. So I don't think it is a waste even though it seems like it. The apostate church system is where God brings His people out of.

hart4god

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 08:53:39 AM »

Hey to All,

I know that the church seems to be (or is) quite the antithesis of anything spiritual. But God did promise (in the end) a church w/o spot or wrinkle. I have cried so many tears over the course of my journey to see that come to pass and the church just continues on in its hypocricy, carnality and denial of the Truth. Yet, it will happen-God has promised and I can finally stop crying!

But it must be that way.

The church was like a long dark hallway that I (and maybe many others) had to walk through in order to come out into the Light. My prayer now is that others would hunger and thirst for Truth and not be satisfied with the carnal pleasures of the "christian lifestyle" which we also lived in the same way that Rob's girlfriend and Matt's family do.....somehow hoping that it would be "righteous".

Even though only God can make someone hunger and thirst for righteousness and  truth, sometimes I hope I can salt their tongues a little with my words and life.....but then again, maybe not.  ;)
All is of God so there is peace in the midst of it.
judie h.

blakparty

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 10:56:28 AM »

Thank you Judith and Lisa.  Your words are very comforting and I thank God that you are in this forum.  I did at one time miss my church family but you all have helped me forget, well not totally forget about that family.  I now grieve about all of them because they do not know the deep things of God and this I know is God's will.  To be chosen is the greatest blessing there is.  I can truly say that knowing this is better than all the money in the world (not that I don't mind all the money in the world LOL).  Once again, thank you all and I do love you all.  God Bless, Rob.

gzeigler

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 01:48:40 PM »

Hello,

I was part of local church ministry for over eight years.  I had at one point confessed that I wanted to be more faithful than the walls of the building.  I was blessed to be part of the music team.  This meant Tuesday and Saturday rehearsals, Wednesday and Sunday services (every week, week-in and week-out).  I planned vacations months out so as to ease the ministry into my absence.  I received an appointment as music director and tried my best to serve others as I am want to do.  In time I discovered, although I could not articulate it, that most of my team were basically carnally minded people.  No one could differentiate between praise or worship. 

One day a visiting minister shared with me the scripture that all will be saved (1Tim).  This lead me to look up the word 'hell' in Greek.  I was surprised to find hades, Gehenna and tarturus.  I began to tell people that every has to go through 'hell" (the grave) before going to heaven (mostly joking and trying to shock a response from people).  Mind you, not the best method of teaching or exposing the truth to others. 

Needless to say, I was demoted for spiritual reasons.  That is to say, my wife was no longer attending church and obviously Satan had her in his grasp which is probably why I was counselled to divorce since we were no longer equally yoked.  I left the church Jan '96.  I still miss the people (and the music), but everyone in their order.

Grace and peace
George 

ciy

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 02:30:29 PM »

Rob
That is a great reminder that the church is the bablyon system of trying to get to heaven physically.  Even though God says that he does not reside in houses made of stone, we continually try to worship God with the work of our hands.  Taking pride in how our building looks, great social programs, good preacher, etc. is trying to get to God by our carnal good works which God calls our iniquities and as filthy rags.  We want to do it like Esau which is loving Isaac but doing it our way.  We want our ears tickled about our good works and then we want to worship God in the shade of a sycamore tree.  It is all a continual, ongoing process where there really is nothing new under the sun. 
CIY
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.