bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why?  (Read 6286 times)

bambam

Why?
« on: May 22, 2007, 03:16:43 PM »

I just read the "God made a mistake" thread and it got me thinking.  We all KNOW that God does not make mistakes.  Yet it seems as though we as humans read the Scriptures and sometimes it appears that God is regretful, or sorry for the things that He does or has done.  We KNOW that God makes no mistakes and that all is of God.  I guess my question is why, then, does He seem to make it appear to us that He is sorry or regretful.  What is the point of that?  I know that I am clay that should not question the potter that is making me, so is it wrong to ask the question why?  The Scriptures teach us to seek wisdom and understanding, and to study and meditate on God's words.  Sometimes I feel like that is the exact answer we as humans are seeking in this life-why?  Is why a question God will not answer until all is said and done?  I think I am learning the what answers but not always the why.  Makes me think of when my kids were two and they kept asking that very question about all the things I already understand but they don't.  Maybe that is my answer.  Any thoughts??

Beth

Robin

Re: Why?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 03:38:02 PM »

I've been asking God questions since I was 4 years old.

I've found that when I have a question I can ask and just leave it in front of God.

He always gives me the answer. It might take a few years, but I've never had one not answered yet.

I've also found that I have an enemy that will present questions in an attempt to attack my faith in God's character. The fiery darts are always an attack on God's character.

Here is an example

First the Question
Genesis 3
 1Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Then the answer

4And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

The question creates doubt. The answer is a lie and an attack on God's sovereignty.

I try to discern where the question comes from and where possible answers come from. I stand against anything that discredits God and wait for God to show me the answer. The answer always builds upon the foundation that God has already built in my life and always shows the goodness and faithfulness of God.

CDJ

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 03:40:20 PM »

Hi Beth,

Have you read through the "God made a mistake" thread?

Walk strong :-)

Kat

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 04:18:14 PM »

Hi Beth,

sometimes it appears that God is regretful, or sorry for the things that He does or has done.  We KNOW that God makes no mistakes and that all is of God.  I guess my question is why, then, does He seem to make it appear to us that He is sorry or regretful. 

I think I see what you are saying.
Here is my perspective on this, God says these things for our benefit.  He already knows how it's going to go, He knows the end from the beginning.

Isa 46:10  declaring the end from the beginning, and from the past things which were not done, saying, My purpose shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure;

But He does do things that bring about the circumstances to teach us the lessons He wants us to learn. 
Here is an email that Ray explains this.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2444.0.html -----------

God uses messengers and His Own circumcstances to bring about deceit.  Yes, the serpent "deceived" Eve, as we are clearly told that in the Scriptures.  However, Who created the serpent? God.  Who gave him access to the Garden?  God.  Who commissioned him to deceive Eve?  God.  Who created Eve in such  way that she "thought" she had freedom of the will?  God.  Who commissioned "lying spirits" on several occasions to "deceive" the enemy?  God.  Who is it that send "strong DELUSION"?  "Even him, whose comingis after theworkings of Satan with all power and sings and LYING [deceiving] wonders....And for THIS cause G-O-D  SHALL SEND THEM strong delusion, that they should believe a lie" (ii tHES. 2:9 & 11).

And did not our Own Lord make the two disciples traveling to Emmaus think that He was going to continue walking on down the road when they wanted to turn in for the night, when in reality Jesus had not such intention, but wanted them to INSIST that He go with them (Luke 24:28). Etc.

But please don't tell people that "Ray said that GOD IS A DECEIVER," unless you explain it in the context in which I have explained it to you.  Just for you own comfort of faith, when God did deceive or cause to be deceived in the Scriptures, HE TELLS US!

God be with you,
Ray
-----------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

bambam

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 04:32:17 PM »

Kat,
     Thank you for that-it does help some.  I want to make sure I am understanding.  God uses all the different things He uses (ie. deception and the messengers thereof) to bring about the circumstances in which we can learn what He wants to teach us.  Truly, "His ways are past finding out."  I am amazed at how simple people make God sound.  If you ask me, He is NOT simple to understand!!  of course He tells us himself that His thoughts are not our thoughts, nor are His ways our own.  I guess sometimes I want to understand why God does what He does with my own limited human mind-and that won't work.  Thanks for your input!!

Beth 

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 04:35:41 PM »

We KNOW that God makes no mistakes and that all is of God.  I guess my question is why, then, does He seem to make it appear to us that He is sorry or regretful.

Its Bizarre! ;D

Listen to Ray's Nashville audio, you'll see what I mean.

Craig

bambam

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 06:42:47 PM »

Craig,
   Is there a way to read instead of listen?  I do not have the ability to listen to an audio on my computer right now.  Just wondering. 

Thanks,
Beth

rk12201960

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 06:53:17 PM »

Hi Beth,
 My thoughts on your question is that God has empathy.
Giving the fact that we know a visit to the Doctor might scare our kids we know that is for the best for them. We however still feel bad that they hurt, correct?

Just as God knew that we would hurt in this life, it is for our best intrest that we do.
So that as it is, I think God still feels our pain and on that note maybe that's why He was sorry, regretful, etc...

In Christ
Randy

gmik

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 01:48:29 AM »

Craig you beat me to it!!!!   Yes, it is bizarre!!!!  (PS  good meeting you and your wife at conference!)

Beth can you download his audios onto a disc and then play it in the car or a cd player??  This will answer some of your questions and make you feel better- we ALL ask these questions and have doubts now and again.

bambam

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 02:56:20 AM »

Gena,
  As much as I would love to hear the audios-I haven't the first clue as to how to download them.  I'll have to look into it.  Thanks for the help.  By the way, what exactly do you mean by bizarre?  Or maybe I would have to hear the audio to understand what you are talking about.  ;)

Beth

mari_et_pere

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 03:49:59 AM »

I just thought of a great way to explain why God seems to have empathy. I hope this example hasn't been used because I'm very tired from 12 hours of work and I must admit that I didn't read this thread, I just scimmed through.  :-[

But......as a father of three young children, I must discipline. Sometimes I must spank them. I know I have to, and to be honest I want to raise my children to be upstanding so I'm happy to punish them in hopes that they'll learn a lesson. Yet I'm SORRY that I have to. I'm REGRETFUL that I cause them the pain of a spanking, both the physical and the emotional. Yet I'm NOT SORRY because I honestly feel blessed for the opportunity to teach them right from wrong; to learn from their mistakes. Make sense?

Therefore I now truely know why it says that God, or Jesus, was sorry or regretful. At least I think I do.  :)

Matt

Kat

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2007, 12:46:38 PM »

Hi Beth,

I think Ray used that word when he was talking about the universe.
I know that seems like a strange thing to say, bizzarre.  Bizzarre means strikingly unusual or odd, fantastic-Webster's. 
But just to think about what we have in the vastness of outer space, the millions of planets, suns and all that has been discovered, not to mention what is not yet known.  The way the planets work together in there orbits, Ray gave so much more details about the wonders of it all. 
And here we are these tiny creatures on this planet. 
Just trying to comtemplate the vaseness of the universe kind of blows your mind.  Our minds just can't comprehend much about how this creation came about or is working.  It is bizzarre that it is all here and perfectly working together.  We except it all just because it's there and we have to, but to reflect on God thinking this all up and bringing it into existence, and now holding it all together, it is bizzarre.
That just how I was seeing what Ray was saying  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

hillsbororiver

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2007, 03:30:33 PM »

Ray had brought up the point that I suspect most if not all of us had thought of at one time or another, "does God really have to do it this way? Couldn't He have just created us a completed creature, what's up with all the pain, suffering, disappointment, grief and frustration?"

I know I have entertained the notion that I could have done a better job, one without all the trials and tribulations involved in this purification process, but I have found that I really know nothing, without the guiding grace of faith in Him any world we would create or even participate in would be doomed to a miserable failure. Our carnal, earthly, fleshly existence is only a temporary means to gain eternal spiritual wisdom and true life, the flesh was created to be disposed of but it clings to the carnal life in a desperate attempt to drown out the Spirit of Truth, the very essence of life itself.

He knows that in our present state we do not yet see the perfect Wisdom that is God.

Isa 28:21  For the LORD shall rise up as in mount Perazim, he shall be wroth as in the valley of Gibeon, that he may do his work, his strange work; and bring to pass his act, his strange act.

Isa 55:8  For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

Isa 55:9  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

LittleBear

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 12:38:11 PM »

Hi Beth,

I'm on dial-up and don't have the ability to listen to audio too.

What I do is go to the library and either use their computers which are high speed, or I can take my computer to the library and connect to WiFi (I haven't done that yet, but I know I can.) It's free both ways. The problem is I have to WAIT until I have time to get to the library! (Sigh)

There may be other places that have free WiFi, but I don't know of any.

Love,
Ursula

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 23 queries.