bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What about the self appointed prophets going around today ?  (Read 5404 times)

mrsnacks

I am talking about people like Kim Clement, Rick Joyner, Bob Jones, and many others.

It is a strange thing that if God is giving them this new true revelation as they claim , God is refusing to address the false doctrines and teachings of subjects of present day Christendom like : free will, hell and eternal torment, the modern -day clergy, tithing, the trinity and etc. Seems odd.  I wanted to hear your take on this movement. Thanks

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: What about the self appointed prophets going around today ?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 04:41:20 PM »

This is why we should strive to be like the Berean's and study the word to show ourself approved.

If we are not well grounded in the truth of God's Word, then how are we to tell, when a charismatic person comes along claiming the "spirit" said this or that to them, if they are of God or not?

Blessings
Craig

mrsnacks

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 05:17:26 PM »

So true. But to be honest I did hear Clement and I don't really know. He seems to have heart for God and he has done some miraculous things ( I should say God has done some miracles in his life). And people have come to God through him. So how does one test those people ? What bothers me is their silence on the false doctrines in the church.

Redbird

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 05:56:48 PM »

Hi Mr. Snacks,

I have always thought that God's grace must be bigger than any denomination's error.  His ways are just soooooo much higher and grander than ours.

Peace to you ~ Lisa

seminole

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 05:52:28 PM »

Lisa , You just answered all the questions out there! Thank you most sincerely! It is about God's grace and not our puny attempts to pick something to pieces!

Jackie Lee

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 05:59:56 PM »

I believe God can use anyone to get the message to the people, sometimes there is some truth scattered within the false doctrines.
When God shows you though, it is time to leave.
People search for God in the strangest places and God reveals himself in his time.

jackson

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 07:01:34 PM »

I've found the easiest way to spot a false profit is to look at the bottom of your tv screen.  If there is a phone # there and master card logo.....you've all the proof you need.

In His Grace,
Jackson

YellowStone

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 07:29:31 PM »

Hi Jackie,

You wrote:

I believe God can use anyone to get the message to the people, sometimes there is some truth scattered within the false doctrines.  When God shows you though, it is time to leave.

People search for God in the strangest places and God reveals himself in his time.

This is so true. Christ told us to do what? "Wait around until the truth fell in our lap?" NOT  :D

No, we were instructed to search for it, and as you said, sometimes truth can be found where we least expect it. Likewise, no where have I seen that "Truth" will be wrapped brightly with a big label stating: "Here I am! I'm the truth!"  :D

If we only search in obvious places, how thorough is our search? Did not the poor woman who lost a single coin, sweep her house completely and searched until she found it? I have found and heard God speaking through the words of a song, a novel and a song-bird in the forest. How do we know truth? It's when the spirit inside us warms us all over.

Truth is much easier to identify than it is to find.

Great response. :)

Love in Christ,
Darren

YellowStone

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 07:30:30 PM »

I've found the easiest way to spot a false profit is to look at the bottom of your tv screen.  If there is a phone # there and master card logo.....you've all the proof you need.

In His Grace,
Jackson

Ah....the ones that finish with a "Call Now!"  ;D

To Easy in deed!

Love,
Darren
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.