bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie in NY  (Read 8367 times)

Bamabee

Newbie in NY
« on: May 22, 2007, 04:58:31 PM »

Hi Everybody!  My name is April and I am new to the forum.  I went to conference this weekend and Rene encouraged me to join, so here I am.  Wow!  What an experience that was!  I have felt so isolated with my beliefs that it was a watershed event to meet so many people with the same story.  The kinship was amazing.  It was like going to a family reunion with people I actually like...ha ha.  Anyway, I look forward to more fellowship and learning.

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: Newbie in NY
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 05:01:57 PM »

April, glad to see your post.  It was a pleasure meeting you.  Hope to hear more from you :)

Craig

Bamabee

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 05:09:13 PM »

Hi Craig, it was great to meet you and your lovely wife.  I look forward to getting to know you both.

Kat

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 07:54:39 PM »

Hi April,

I am glad you were encouraged, and decided to join us  :)
I think you will really like to fellowship if you try it.  I never thought I would do much posting, I guess you never know where things might go  ;)
So ask questions as need be, you can get quite a few perspectives.  And we like to share what you are learning. 

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

skydreamers

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 08:37:23 PM »

Hi April, What a blessing that you were able to attend the conference.  I'm hoping it is in God's plan for me to attend one in the future and maybe I'll get a chance to meet you and other forum members.  Welcome to our little forum family!

Peace,
Diana

iris

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 09:04:59 PM »

Hi April,

Welcome to the forum!
Glad you're with us.

Iris

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 10:09:10 PM »

Welcome April,

I'm delighted to see you join the forum.  It was a pleasure getting to know you at the conference.  Your enthusiasm was very encouraging.  I look forward to reading your comments and sharing in your spiritual journey.

Rene'

gmik

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 01:42:44 AM »

April!!!  I am so glad you joined us!!!  Are you as tired as I am??? Ha.  I haven't unpacked yet.  This is the 2nd best thing to TALKING w/ believers; sharing on internet. 

I really wanted to stay after on Sunday to "hang out" w/ Ray and all.  Did you get to??  We left right away for our 10 hour drive!!  Actually went fast, cuz you know what we talked about the whole time!! {to those not there-the Conference is what we talked about ;)]

Anyhoo, welcome again!! :)

Bamabee

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 10:14:54 AM »

I didn't really get to hang out with anybody.  A few people stayed over, but they had plans already.  So, I got to spend some quality time by myself...which was Awesome!  My husband is probably sick of me going on and on and on and on ... about all the people I met.

Redbird

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 11:36:44 AM »

Hi April,

Welcome to the forum.  :)

Diana, I've been meaning to tell you I think your "welcomes" are just spectacular! ;D

Peace and Love ~ Lisa

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 06:13:25 PM »

Hello April

What a HUGE blessing to be put into a Conference as your start in Bible-Truths then the Forum! WOW that is so great.

I am almost sure that the papers and teachings that Ray puts on this site are going to bless you and encourage you enormously. They are so enlightening and edifying. We are all so very blessed to have been elected to read the Truths of Chirst written for our day and age.

Peace to you

Arcturus :D from South Africa!

pylady

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2007, 10:56:21 PM »

Hi April,

Welcome!  It's wonderful that you went to the conference.  Are you from New York  City?  I'm from upstate New York.

I look forward to any comments you post on the forum.

cindy

mari_et_pere

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 03:40:21 AM »

Hello April! Welcome to the forum! It's awesome that you got to attend  the conference. I didn't get to go  :'( :'(

;D

Matt

Bamabee

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 11:35:04 AM »

Cindy, how far upstate are you?  I'm in the lower Hudson Valley.  Matt, maybe next time, but at least your flight home didn't get delayed seven times  >:( But, I didn't really care(that much), it gave me more time to think about the things that I learned and the people I met.  BTW Diana, thanks for the welcome.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2007, 08:10:19 PM »

Hi April,

It certainly was my pleasure meeting you over the weekend!

I look forward to fellowshipping with you here and I am sure your upbeat and cheerful personality will be a blessing to many of us in the Forum.

Seven delays??!!?

A true test of patience, it would have been for me anyway.  ;)

His Peace to you Sister,

Joe

pylady

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2007, 08:53:18 PM »

Hi April,

Pretty far north.  In a small town just south of Rochester.  What is the name of your town?  My husband and I have driven to the City a number of times.  Maybe we've gone through your town.

Cindy

hillsbororiver

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2007, 09:19:14 PM »

Hi Cindy,

I grew up in Rochester and know the area very well, what town are you in? We visited there last year right around this time (Memorial Day weekend). Our idea was to beat the heat in Tampa by going north, not such a great idea as the temperatures there rose and stayed in the mid 90's for most of the week as Tampa cooled to the low to mid 80's  >:(

It was still fun to visit though!

His Peace to you,

Joe

hart4god

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2007, 06:07:08 PM »

another new yorker here......
upstate that is,
also known as "the other new york"  ;)

pylady- I live near you in fairport and my cousin has a bakery here called the Piel Lady!
I PM-ed you too, because I am a bit paranoid about giving out personal info on the internet.

Welcome Bamabee- glad to have the NE better represented here!

and all those in the scorching south- please come visit and bring your heat with you anytime.....
I am all for global warming!  ;D
judie h.

gmik

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2007, 10:00:33 PM »

Hi Judie.  All week (at work) it has been hot and dry here in SE Michigan.  Today I went to 2 open houses for graduations- high was 62 and it is raining!!!  Warm weather to return around Tuesday!!!  AAAAARRRRRGGGGG!

GODSown1

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2007, 09:33:26 PM »

hey! Hi April,
                welL 1st of all hi! my name is Pera & im frm New Zealand, & wow! yes! I alsO hopE & Pray! lol! its in GODS plan 4 mE 2 attend a Conference 1 dae lol! man! I jus so no d@ will b jus AmazinG!, well actually I hope its in GODS plan I even get out of dis country :D lol!, GODS in Control d@s da Main fing lol!, Gr8! 2 c u hea in da Forum!, da Fellowship hea is OrsuM!!, takecaRe! BlesSingZ!.
                much muchLOVE!! Pera
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 19 queries.