bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nashville Notes  (Read 4873 times)

okjohnson

Nashville Notes
« on: May 23, 2007, 10:48:10 AM »

Hi

I was reading the Nashville notes and got hung up on the third paragraph from the bottom of the first page.

It states :

"How do they differ from US? Angels are created; "Sons and Daughters are BEGOTTEN AND BORN of God (Heb. 1:5 & 10). The angels worship Christ (Verse 6) and they will worship US (Verse 11)."

The part about "The angels worship Christ (Verse 6)", seems correct, but the part about "and they will worship US (Verse 11)." seems to be an error. None of the bibles I have read say they will worship us in Heb 1:11 . Verse 14 of Heb 1 is about the closest, but does not say that either. It says that angels are ministering spirits to us.

I haven't heard the tape on this one yet.

But, anyone know if this an error or am I missing something ?

Orlando

YellowStone

Re: Nashville Notes
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 11:13:51 AM »

Hi Orlando,

I am kind of busy and cannot give you an indepth answer. :)

But I believe that the elect will be equal to Christ in form, because they will be brothers with him and rule with him. :)

The following might help

Rev 2:25  But that which ye have [already] hold fast till I come.

Rev 2:26  And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Rev 2:27  And he (that overcometh) shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Rev 2:28  And I will give him (that overcometh) the morning star.

I hope this helps,

In Christ wil Love,
Darren

Redbird

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 11:15:55 AM »

Hi Orlando,

Read alittle further and we have;

Hebrews 3:12 Be careful then, dear brothers and sisters. Make sure that your own hearts are not evil and unbelieving, turning you away from the living God.  You must warn each other every day, as long as it is called "today," so that none of you will be deceived by sin and hardened against God.  For if we are faithful to the end, trusting God just as firmly as when we first believed, we will share in all that belongs to Christ.

New Living Translation
Peace to you ~ Lisa
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 11:16:37 AM by Redbird »

mari_et_pere

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 11:32:07 AM »

we will share in all that belongs to Christ.

How awesome is that????????? How awesome!! The mind can dwell on that all day and still not grasp the full application of what it's saying. We will share in ALL that belongs to Christ. If that doesn't lift your spirit then what will?

Matt

Redbird

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 11:41:56 AM »

I agree Matt, it brings tears to my eyes......really.  The love God has bestowed on us through Jesus Christ is so beautiful and wondrous.

Peace and Love ~ Lisa

Kat

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 12:12:12 PM »

Hi Orlando,

The angels are created being, made to serve God.  The process that God is using in humans is different and this experience that we are put through leads to a much higher calling, to become actual sons of God with Christ.

Heb 1:1  God, who at many times and in many ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets,
v. 2  has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, by whom also He made the worlds,
v. 3  who being the shining splendor of His glory, and the express image of His essence, and upholding all things by the word of His power, through Himself cleansing of our sins, He sat down on the right of the Majesty on high,
v. 4  being made so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
v. 5  For to which of the angels did He say at any time, "You are My Son, this day I have begotten You?" And again, "I will be to Him a Father, and He shall be to Me a Son?"
v. 6  And again, when He brings in the First-born into the world, He says, "And let all the angels of God worship Him."
v. 13  But to which of the angels, did He say at any time, "Sit on My right hand until I make Your enemies Your footstool?"
v. 14  Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for those who shall be heirs of salvation?
Heb 2:10  For it became Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons into glory, to perfect the Captain of their salvation through sufferings.
v. 11  For both He who sanctifies and they who are sanctified are all of One, for which cause He is not ashamed to call them brothers,
v. 12  saying, "I will declare Your name to My brothers; in the midst of the assembly I will sing praise to You."

Gal 4:6  And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Rom 8:14  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Rom 8:18  For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the coming glory to be revealed in us.
v. 19  For the earnest expectation of the creation waits for the manifestation of the sons of God.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 12:52:09 PM »

Some great responses here, these are a couple verses that came to my mind in regard to the elect having authority over angels and to becoming Sons and Daughters, even Christlike.

1Co 6:3  Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

1Jo 3:2  Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

His peace to you,

Joe

gmik

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 01:51:06 PM »

Lisa & Matt,

How awesome!!!  Love it!

ciy

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 07:13:52 PM »

Just listened to the Nashville audios.  I believe the following are some good verses that goe with what was taught.

God speaking to Moses about Aaron
15You must speak to him and put the words in his mouth; and I will be with your mouth and with his mouth and will teach you what you shall do.
16He shall speak for you to the people, acting as a mouthpiece for you, and you shall be as God to him.
Exodus chap 4

Also Proverbs 16:1 "The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD"

CIY
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.