bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Have you seen this?  (Read 6243 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Have you seen this?
« on: May 25, 2007, 09:06:56 AM »

Hi Ray,

I was reading a Commentary on Matthew 25:46 by 'Adam  Clarke' and saw a "word" I have Never seen before. I High Lighted it For You in this segment of the Commentary. If You can, please let Me know what you think. Here it is>>>>>But some are of opinion that this punishment shall have an end: this is as likely as that the glory of the righteous shall have an end: for the same word is used to express the duration of the punishment, kolasin aiwnion, as is used to express the duration of the state of glory: zwhn aiwnion. I have seen the best things that have been written in favour of the final redemption of damned spirits; but I never saw an answer to the argument against that doctrine, drawn from this verse, but what sound learning and criticism should be ashamed to acknowledge. The original word aiwn is certainly to be taken here in its proper grammatical sense, continued being, aeiwn, NEVER ENDING

Dear Jimmy:  It just amazes me how utterly short-sighted Biblical scholars and theologians can be when they are locked into their pagan traditions.  Jesus had a special REWARD/AWARD for all His followers. What was it? Heaven? NO. Eternal life? NO. All humanity will be given immortality which is in effect eternal, everlasting life. So what is so special that only the CHOSEN FEW will receive it? It is ruling and reigning and judging with Jesus Christ!  This reign is "eonian" or "age-lasting." It is decidedly NOT "eternal," as we are plainly told that it will END (I Cor. 15:25). Jesus rules only "UNTIL" He puts all enemies under His feet, at which time He hands over the reign of the Kingdom to His God and Father (Verses 27-28). All enemies will learn RIGHTEOUSNESS and ultimately be saved (Isa. 26:9, I Tim. 2:4, I Tim. 4:10, Phil. 2:9-11, Eph. 1:10, etc., etc., etc).

And so, those who do not quality to rule, reign, and judge with Christ, will themselves BE JUDGED. And judgment means to set things right. Hence "the [wicked] shall go away into everlasting [Gk: 'eonian'] punishment [Gk: 'chastisement']: but the righteous [the chosen Elect Few[ into life eternal [Gk: 'eonian' also]"  (Matt. 25:46). Aionios is the adjective form of the noun aion. Aion means an "age."  Aionios means that which pertains to an age. Eternus is a Latin word that surprisingly traces it etymology to the Greek word aion. Eternus never, ever meant "endless time" until hundreds of years after the Bible was completed and the Catholic Church decided that aions would be now taught to be "ENDLESS ages." As aion and aionios never meant endless, the word endless had to be affixed to aion and aionos in order to ever give it such a false and erroneous meaning.

The root of "kolasis" means "cutting off," as in pruning a tree. One prunes a tree to make it PRODUCE MORE FRUIT, not to kill it!  The wicked are chastised (judged) for the period of Christ's reign and the Saints reign for the period of Christ's reign. Both periods are the same length--until their purpose has been accomplished. Simple, huh? And Scriptural as well. God will torture no one for all eternity. That is blasphemously insane!!
God be with you,
Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.