bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: haughty vs. humble  (Read 10398 times)

worm

haughty vs. humble
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2006, 04:48:54 AM »

Quote from: ertsky
come out of Her... be ye separate

i am separate from the lies of Babylon, i am not at peace with Babylonians.

yes...reject the lies of Babylon but not the people...that's what God is doing and if He does it, so will I...

the parable of the wedding fest comes to mind...we should not put ourselves in the front seat...only "the bridegroom" knows our rightful places to be seated :wink:

ertsky

haughty vs. humble
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2006, 08:01:47 AM »

i'll race you to the lowest seat worm ;)

you know Who'll meet us there

f

worm

haughty vs. humble
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2006, 11:19:12 AM »

Quote from: ertsky
i'll race you to the lowest seat worm ;)

you know Who'll meet us there

f

:lol:
you're on bro...only problem is a worm moves quite slow (hoping you're a tortoise) :D  :wink:

ertsky

haughty vs. humble
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2006, 02:28:47 PM »

while we're racing worm what do you make of these verses ?

2Jo 1:10  If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
2Jo 1:11  For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

i read it like people who insist that God will torture people endlessly in flames are to be rejected by those who know better (know better not are better)

as in

Tit 3:10  A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
Tit 3:11  Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

i'm all for sharing what i've got, but once someone rejects the truth twice

what's the point in continuing

first of all it would be disobedient to the above verses and also

Amo 3:3  Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

it's early days for me yet but i have every intention of rejecting those who reject Him by failing to acknowledge the various doctrines such as UR, many called few chosen, enduring to the end, chastening grace, etc etc etc

what do you think worm have i got it wrong?

f

aktikt

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
haughty vs. humble
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2006, 03:03:37 PM »

Ertsky wrote:
i'd rather a roofer filled with the spirit of God slap me lightly to wake me up while telling me the Truth all the while serving God

rather than some eloquent smoothy taking me to deception with perfect diction and manners

spirituality is not "would you like another cup of tea vicar"

spirituality is faithfulness to the doctrine of Christ

i'm not really interested in style i'm interested in content

many peoples style irks me, i say nothing of their style only the content

yet my style is overfocussed on to the extreme

it's just a trick of the enemy to avoid content

i seek Truth not style

f
 I know exactly what you mean.  I believe you do.  I do, too.  There are times when I just wanted to win an argument (this is simply pride) but on the most important issues I believe I simply want the Truth.  This is not because you or I are good of ourselves, but because God has caused us to seek Him.  

Mat 5:6 Blessed [are] they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.  

Mat 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Jhn 4:32 But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of.

It's not about the butter, margarine, or jam (country crock?) you put on the bread but the bread that matters.
Shakespeare-There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

jennie

slippery
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2006, 08:47:47 AM »

I may be displaying my ignorance her and if I am ya'll just laugh at me. You know it is good to laugh each day! We had a friend that claimed to be atheist. I saw so much good in him even though I didn't think all the things he was doing were right. He had a moth like a sewer but I told him at my house and in my presence I would appreciate his not using those words. Never a problem after that. We didn't preach to him. We didn't want to. We spent time with him as a friend. He sat at table with us and ate many a meal I cooked. His wife didn't cook so I think that was the main reason he liked to come and visit us! We laughed and enjoyed our time shared with him. He knew that we both believed and we knew he didn't. The day finally came when he called and said " Guess what happened. I didn't want it to and it was not in my plan but I believe! " I asked him to tell me how it happened. He said he was fighting the urge in his spirit but he couldn't fight it any longer so He believed, was forgiven and was a new man. Now, he isn't a church goer but he is one of the most wonderful people you would ever want to meet. I know this is long but I never felt that we should " wipe the dust off" in this situation. Our timing is not God's timing. Just wanted to throw this experience in. Ya'll have a great Wednesday!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.