bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Six-Day Creation  (Read 20320 times)

mari_et_pere

Re: Six-Day Creation
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2007, 02:32:50 PM »

We are in the 6 age because 6 is the number of a man, or the number of Man. 7 is also the number of completion, or perfection.

WHAT??? I'm sorry, but that makes absolutely 100% NO sense at all. No offense. For real. But.....we are in the 6th age ONLY because 6 is the number of man? What? This is the only age that has had man in it or something? I'm not following you here. If you can give me some scriptures that says we're in age 6 because 6 is the number of man then I'll buy it for sure.

As far as your evolution post goes, I agree somewhat. I was thinking about the dog scenario just the other night. There are hundreds of dog breeds. They've been crossbred for many generations. We have dogs that would have been unrecognizable 100 years ago, let alone 1,000. This is what's happened to mankind after Adam. Humans have crossbred between the races to make what humankind is today. Speaking of Adam, what would he think if he met a white man? He may have never even seen one.

BUT...this doesn't prove evolution of species. Species definitely change, but there is no proof of humans coming from lower species, no amebas turning into frogs, no two-legged fish crawling up to the shore and becoming apes, etc etc etc. There's none.

So yes, over time species adapt to their climate, they may become a little larger or smaller, maybe inter-breed and a new breed comes about, or as humans, a little whiter, but does that prove Darwin's, or anyone else's, evolution theories? I've never seen any proof that a species can change into a whole different species, no matter what the time span in question is.

Matt

skydreamers

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2007, 02:36:34 PM »

Hi rvhill,

I think I see what you are saying.  I'm still contemplating this and studying it out when I can.  You are probably right, and we are in the 6th age.  This may be way out there, but for some reason I was thinking in a spiritual/symbolic sense the 5th day can refer to the "sea of humanity":

Then God said, "Let the waters teem with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth in the open expanse of the heavens." And God created the great sea monsters, and every living creature that moves, with which the waters swarmed after their kind, and every winged bird after its kind; and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth." And there was evening and there was morning, a fifth day.
Genesis 1:20-23

I think this is speaking literally to be sure, but spiritually I wondered if the symbols could point to a general state of the people in the entire world.  The condition most of humanity are in, in not realizing they are "beasts".  This is why I was thinking the 6th day (or stage of spiritual development) may belong to the Elect, as they do realize they are "beasts" and then begin the process of having dominon.

And God made the beasts of the earth after their kind, and the cattle after their kind, and everything that creeps on the ground after its kind; and God saw that it was good. Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." And God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them..... And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.
Genesis 1:25-31

It is my understanding that it is the Elect that are now being brought through the process of being conformed spiritually in the image of God (while in the flesh)....so I thought it was interesting that the beasts were made first, and then God began forming man in His image.  This seems to line up with what Ray teaches in that seeing the beast in you comes before being spiritually conformed in His image...This is why I thought that if you spiritually do not see that you are "the beast" (666), you are still back in stage 5...a part of the great sea of humanity.  I've just been seeing the 6 day creation as our spiritual process, symbolically speaking. 

But that is not to say that I don't think they have historical literal applications.  The physical comes first, then the spiritual.

However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural; then the spiritual.
1 Corinthians 15:46

Anyways, I can't say that I'm right about this, these have just been some of my thoughts on this as to why I thought most of humanity were in "the 5th day".  I just throw it out there in case someone has seen something similar, and if not, it's all good, God will make it clear in His time.

God bless us in our studies,
Peace,
Diana

iris

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2007, 02:53:25 PM »

( Speaking of Adam, what would he think if he met a white man? He may have never even seen one. )

Adam and eve were probably able to produce all colors. If they were not able to do this, where did all the different colors come from?

Iris

mari_et_pere

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2007, 03:01:23 PM »

Iris, I'm not sure just because I don't know exactly how God did things, but from what I've understood over time is that the Tower of Babel had a lot to do with that.

Also, I'm sure that over time, like I said, humans have changed. rvhill isn't totally off base when he says genes change slightly from one generation to the next. They change within the species, so humans have indeed changed over time. To say Adam produced every single different race of people is probably off target though.

Of course as usual, there's probably more qualified people than myself to answer that.  ;D

Matt

rvhill

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2007, 03:16:55 PM »

We are in the 6 age because 6 is the number of a man, or the number of Man. 7 is also the number of completion, or perfection.

WHAT??? I'm sorry, but that makes absolutely 100% NO sense at all. No offense. For real. But.....we are in the 6th age ONLY because 6 is the number of man? What? This is the only age that has had man in it or something? I'm not following you here. If you can give me some scriptures that says we're in age 6 because 6 is the number of man then I'll buy it for sure.

As far as your evolution post goes, I agree somewhat. I was thinking about the dog scenario just the other night. There are hundreds of dog breeds. They've been crossbred for many generations. We have dogs that would have been unrecognizable 100 years ago, let alone 1,000. This is what's happened to mankind after Adam. Humans have crossbred between the races to make what humankind is today. Speaking of Adam, what would he think if he met a white man? He may have never even seen one.

BUT...this doesn't prove evolution of species. Species definitely change, but there is no proof of humans coming from lower species, no amebas turning into frogs, no two-legged fish crawling up to the shore and becoming apes, etc etc etc. There's none.

So yes, over time species adapt to their climate, they may become a little larger or smaller, maybe inter-breed and a new breed comes about, or as humans, a little whiter, but does that prove Darwin's, or anyone else's, evolution theories? I've never seen any proof that a species can change into a whole different species, no matter what the time span in question is.

Matt

mari_et_pere and skydreamers it all has to do with numerology. Each number to the ancient Hebrews had other meanings beside a numerical value. 6 is the number of man. 1 and 7 are numbers of God because they are the beginning and the end, alpha and omega. The mark of the beast 666 is man as god, because 6 is the number of a man, and any number cubed is absolute. Since God is absolute it mean man as god. Which goes back to the whole Gen 3:5  for God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as God, knowing good and evil.

fe32k

« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2007, 03:37:59 PM »

This thread is getting way out of wack. Whether it is right that this is the 6th Age for whatever reason, this concept is not revealed in scripture. rvhill, if you have some scripture to show that please do, but numerology is not an exact science (if science at all) and can be opened to interpretation. BTW omega means "end, final, last, etc." What does the number "7" have to do with "Omega?" Again, I could be missing something, or I could care less what age we are in, bottom line is we need to adhere to what scriptures reveal. the six-day creation, whether literal or not, should not be a stumbling stone for anyone.

As far as evolution goes, the dog example is not a very good one. Read any article that will explain the difference between MACRO-evolution and MICRO-Evolution (wikipedia probably has something good on this). The former has been observed and verified scientifically, but never has one animal changed into a totally different one. It just does not happen, there is not a single thread of undeniable evidence. Quite the opposite, just barriers and hurdles that cannot be explained. Hence, I think the evolution theory should get knocked down a level to the evolution hypothesis AT BEST!

God be with you,

Roy

rvhill

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2007, 03:44:47 PM »

Iris, I'm not sure just because I don't know exactly how God did things, but from what I've understood over time is that the Tower of Babel had a lot to do with that.

Also, I'm sure that over time, like I said, humans have changed. rvhill isn't totally off base when he says genes change slightly from one generation to the next. They change within the species, so humans have indeed changed over time. To say Adam produced every single different race of people is probably off target though.

Of course as usual, there's probably more qualified people than myself to answer that.  ;D

Matt

Given enough time and isolation with out inter-breed, and any two groups of the same species will become two different species. As an example take the story of the time machine. The time traveler and the Eloi  may look the same, but as a genetic level they would not be the same. The more time there would be between the two groups the more different they would become. At some point in time they would become two different species even if they still looked the same.

Now back to domesticated animals, like dogs. Dogs are shaped and sized because those were the traits their owners choice fore them, through breading. Since dogs like all plants and animals, including humans are plastic. They can be shaped through breading, diet, and other environmental effects. This is in part why pregnant women are told to get the right foods and not smoke or do drugs. Because the fetus is very plastic, and can be effected by many different thing for good or ill.

rvhill

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2007, 03:54:55 PM »

This thread is getting way out of wack. Whether it is right that this is the 6th Age for whatever reason, this concept is not revealed in scripture. rvhill, if you have some scripture to show that please do, but numerology is not an exact science (if science at all) and can be opened to interpretation. BTW omega means "end, final, last, etc." What does the number "7" have to do with "Omega?" Again, I could be missing something, or I could care less what age we are in, bottom line is we need to adhere to what scriptures reveal. the six-day creation, whether literal or not, should not be a stumbling stone for anyone.

As far as evolution goes, the dog example is not a very good one. Read any article that will explain the difference between MACRO-evolution and MICRO-Evolution (wikipedia probably has something good on this). The former has been observed and verified scientifically, but never has one animal changed into a totally different one. It just does not happen, there is not a single thread of undeniable evidence. Quite the opposite, just barriers and hurdles that cannot be explained. Hence, I think the evolution theory should get knocked down a level to the evolution hypothesis AT BEST!

God be with you,

Roy

You should study it for yourself, but I know what I know. Heresy is heresy and creationism is heresy. What about the land of Nod, the land of wanderers, or the city of Enoch. Do you really believe that Cain married his sister? The sons of God are Adam and Eve and their descendants, and the daughters of men are other humans. Adam is like Jesus in a way they are both covenants. Adam is the old wineskin and Jesus is the new one. Adam is the way of death and Jesus is the way of life.

rvhill

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2007, 04:10:29 PM »

The real problem here is pride. Most people want to believe that they are not beasts even though the bible say that they are beasts. On our own we will always be beasts, and nothing but beasts. Lucky for us that God so loved the world that he gave us Jesus. It is through the faith of Jesus we have a chance to become more then beasts. Since we are beasts that mean we came from beasts.

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2007, 04:11:18 PM »

OK that will be the last word on this.  Agree to disagree.

Craig

hillsbororiver

« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2007, 04:14:21 PM »

Hi Everybody,

This type of debate is going on, was going on and will be going on until the Lord in His time reveals these things to us, all else is pure speculation and an opportunity for our carnal natures to get the best of us.

When I read a thread my first question is; Is this edifying to our guests and members or is it stirring the passions that lead to strife and division?

I personally enjoy conversing about things that are no more than theory, supposition and alot of "what if's" thrown in for good measure, it makes interesting conversation but once we begin to defend our "feelings" without scriptural authority we can fall into a trap that produces rotten fruit.

My post here is basically a "heads up" to the brethren and I will close with this question;

Are you finding the direction of this topic edifying?

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Sorry Craig, I was posting as you were.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 04:21:52 PM by hillsbororiver »

fe32k

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2007, 04:40:43 PM »

Joe,
   well said. I agree and that is why I said it was going out of wack. God could have revealed all the mysteries of the universe in His scriptures. He could have put word for word how He created everything. He could have told the secret to His entire divine plan. But He didn't. In the meantime let's us concentrate on the things that are important. Some technicalities should not be taken to heart unless they are grounded on solid scriptural truth (facts). Evolution and Creationism will not ever be a closed issue as long as we live in this flesh. Luckily, it bears nothing on us being made into the image of God.
   I do not want to agree to disagree. I want to agree that it just does NOT matter! These technicalities should not determine our beliefs. Let's see the scriptures for what they are, not for what they seem to be.

God be with you,
Roy
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.