bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: life through death  (Read 4089 times)

rocky

life through death
« on: April 12, 2006, 03:56:56 PM »

Jesus, in the flesh had to die.  Our carnal mind has to die.  Jesus was beaten, whipped, kicked, spit on, and then crucified.  Our carnal mind has to be beaten, whipped, kicked, spit on, and die.  

So hard for the flesh to understand, that God's love is life only through death.  

So hard for me to understand, that is my carnal mind, why I have to suffer so intensely and die.  The carnal mind cries out, it's not fair; Our father responds, "it's love".

Christ, in the flesh cries out,  with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Agape love.  No wonder Paul prayed this:  

Eph 3:18 In order that ye may be mighty enough to grasp firmly, with all the saints,-what is the breadth and length and depth and height,

Eph 3:19 To get to know, also, the knowledge-surpassing, love of the Christ,-in order that ye may be filled unto all the fulness of God:

love_magnified

life through death
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 04:00:49 PM »

Amen: life through death. We do not find salvation through a sinner's prayer, but in dying to sin and living for God. Romans 6,7 and 8 testify to that pretty clearly. The sinner's prayer is such a robbery of the true salvation. Today, has someone believed in their heart that Christ is Lord and confessed with their mouth? GREAT! What about tommorrow? Is he still your Lord then? If he is your Lord, do you obey him? Do you love your enemies? Do you suffer long, forgiving easily, not holding an offense? Etc, etc, etc? We find life through death.

orion77

life through death
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 09:11:22 PM »

Good point, Rocky.  Death is what we experience, know, see and cannot escape.  Then steps in the gift of faith in the hope of ressurection of which can only be experienced, known and seen in the Spirit.

Good post, could go very deep.

God bless,

Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.