bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Celestials?  (Read 6460 times)

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
Celestials?
« on: May 29, 2007, 11:47:31 AM »

Hi everyone,

Could someone please give me some insight into this verse. I will give 3 translations....i can see it is talking about the revealing of the mystery of Christ but what does it mean by  "be made known to the powers in the heavens"?

KJV
(Eph 3:10)  To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

CLV
(Eph 3:10)  that now may be made known to the sovereignties and the authorities among the celestials, through the ecclesia, the multifarious wisdom of God,

YLV
(Eph 3:10)  that there might be made known now to the principalities and the authorities in the heavenly places , through the assembly, the manifold wisdom of God,

Some insight from you will help.

God Bless
Sandie
Walk in the Spirit

Kat

Re: Celestials?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 12:11:57 PM »

Hi Sandie,

Eph 3:10  that through the church the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places. (rsv)

1Pe 1:12  To them it was revealed that not to themselves, but to us, they ministered the things which are now reported to you by those who have preached the gospel to you in the Holy Spirit sent from Heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

It sounds like to me that the principalities and powers in the heavenly places or angels, learn the truth from hearing the Word preached on earth.

Eph 3:8  To me, though I am the very least of all the saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ,
v. 9  and to make all men see what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in God who created all things;

That just how I see it, interesting though  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

sansmile

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 12:29:43 PM »

Amen Kat,

Thankyou so much it's what i was thinking it was  .xxxxx
God Bless You

Sandie
Walk in the Spirit

sansmile

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 12:58:14 PM »

KAT,
Here are some other scriptures i have found which i beleive support this train of thought:

(1Co 4:9) For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.
Heb 1:5) For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? 

1Pe 3:22) Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

(1Co 6:3) Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

(Heb 1:4) Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

As Jesus Christ knows not when He will come again, only the Father knows:

((Mat 24:36)  But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Then it is through His revelation to us that the angels see the mystery?

God Bless
Sandie

Walk in the Spirit

Kat

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 02:06:12 PM »

Hi Sandie,

Then it is through His revelation to us that the angels see the mystery?

I think you are right.

Rom 16:25  Now to him who is able to strengthen you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery that was kept secret for long ages

Eph 3:4  When you read this, you can perceive my insight into the mystery of Christ,
Eph 3:5  which was not made known to the sons of men in other generations as it has now been revealed to his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit.
Eph 3:6  This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

Eph 6:19  and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel,

Col 1:26  the mystery hidden for ages and generations but now revealed to his saints.
Col 1:27  To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
Col 1:28  Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ.

Col 4:3  At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ, on account of which I am in prison--

It seems like God kept the gospel/truth hidden and a mystery from the creation, until Christ came and revealed it.  It looks like the heavenly being were no exception, and they are learning how God's plan is being worked out, by Christ and those that preach the truth after Him.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 04:18:44 PM by Kat »

seminole

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 06:03:59 PM »

Preaching is mentioned quite a bit in this thread. So why is it looked down on for a preacher to preach in a church?
Nole

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 06:05:36 PM »

Preaching is mentioned quite a bit in this thread. So why is it looked down on for a preacher to preach in a church?
Nole

If he's preaching the truth, I don't see that he would be looked down upon. 

Craig

hillsbororiver

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 06:34:54 PM »

Nole

If he's preaching the truth, I don't see that he would be looked down upon. 

Craig

So true Craig,

But how many "shepherds" lead to or preach of His Truth?

Isa 56:11  Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter.

Jer 50:6  My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away on the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their resting place.

Eze 34:2  Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD unto the shepherds; Woe be to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the flocks?

It seems apparent that many (not all of course) "preachers" preach what is convenient for themselves rather than diligently searching the Word for meat to feed the flock.

His Peace to you,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 06:39:43 PM »

Kat and Sandie

I really have enjoyed your Bible Study!  8)

Very inspired and edifying.  :) .... building up, not tearing down the body of Christ! 8)

And what you observe Joe is so true of the times we live in that are as in the days of Noah! ;D

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 06:40:16 PM by Arcturus »

sansmile

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 07:10:25 PM »

Hi arcturus,

All glory to God, He led me too this thru the creation thread  :) And thru that thread and this, been communicating with someone who was finding it hard to see. He has been blown away by the scriptures revealed.  :)  God is good!!!!

God Bless
Sandie
Walk in the Spirit

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 07:21:43 PM »

Great Sandie! That is so great. His ways are mysterious and wondrous and all encompassing!

Peace be to you as He shines through you!

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 07:22:30 PM by Arcturus »

YellowStone

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 12:14:02 AM »

It seems apparent that many (not all of course) "preachers" preach what is convenient for themselves rather than diligently searching the Word for meat to feed the flock.

His Peace to you,

Joe

Well said Joe :)

I have thought of this for a while; kind of like the chiken and the egg story. Who is deceiving who?

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 

2Pe 2:1 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them-bringing swift destruction on themselves. 

Perhaps long ago, there was a concerted effort to "hide" the truth from the people, but the more I have learned here at Bible-Truths, the more I realize that most of the preachers I know/knew were just ignorant, yet gleefuly so. :)

I was told this one many times......

Isa 55:9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.  

Yet, this was always their "Checkmate" answer.   ::)

Rom 11:34 "Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?"  

Never left me anywhere to go; although, everytime they pulled that one on me, I knew that I had gone far enough in that direction. :)

Love to you,

Darren

little rock

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 09:31:40 AM »

i also see this (philippians 1:15)"it is true that some preach Christ out of envy and strife,and some also from goodwill.the former preach Christ from selfish ambition,not sincerely,supposing to add affliction to my (all believers)chains,but the latter out of love,knowing that i (elect)am appointed for the defence of the gospel.what then?only that in every way,whether in pretense or in truth,Christ is preached and in this rejoice,yes,and will rejoice"amen to that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.