bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kything  (Read 5047 times)

jackson

Kything
« on: May 29, 2007, 04:01:13 PM »

Has anyone ever heard of this?  It's new to me.  I don't think I really understand the concept. ???

From what I do understand it has to do with the concept of "Oneness".  You know everyone is just a smaller part of the whole kind of thing.  Also, as it was explained to me, through meditation persons are able to communicate with each other using only "brain power".  At least this is my take on the whole thing.  Frankly, it all sounds kind of "New Age" weird to me, but then again I'm no expert.

Anyone with any info on kything?  Just being curious.

Jackson

hillsbororiver

Re: Kything
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 04:28:43 PM »

Kything is from an old Scottish word, "kythe," meaning "to make visible." Madeleine L'Engle used it to describe a type of communication, in a sense like telepathy, found in several of the books in her Time Quartet.

Kything in the Time books is a sort of wordless, mind to mind communication in which one person, in essence, almost becomes another, seeing through their eyes and feeling through their senses.

Madeleine L'Engle (born November 29, 1918) is an American writer best known for her children's books, particularly the Newbery Medal-winning A Wrinkle in Time and its sequels A Wind in the Door, A Swiftly Tilting Planet, and Many Waters.

Ecc 1:9  The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

His Peace to you,

Joe

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 05:17:47 PM »

I've heard of kite surfing, and maybe I'll try it someday. I don't think I'll try kything though...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kite_surfing
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 05:21:17 PM by eggi »
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

seminole

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 05:42:32 PM »

I don't know if this is similar or not but my cousin was so smart in school. I mean she did great all the way through. At one time they pulled 12 kids out of her group in middle school and tested them to see if they could send a thought without speaking. It was way weird but they could do it. Her Mom didn't know about this type of testing they were doing withthe higher I.Q. kids and she was burned when she found out. She took it as some kind of satanic thing like telling the future and stuff.
Seminole

jER

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 03:57:30 AM »

Hello Joe...

Any thought on "Edenics?"

- Jer

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 09:22:30 AM »

Hi Jer,

Edenics is one of those subjects that can stir the passions of some but I find it an interesting topic to consider, I don't think it is inherently dangerous to explore.

For those who may be asking themselves what it is we are talking about, Edenics (see Eden as the root word) is the postulation that Hebrew was the original language spoken by all mankind until the Tower of Babel fiasco.

There is a lot of material out there in regard to this subject if anyone is interested in checking it out.

His Peace to you,

Joe 

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 09:52:51 AM »

Hebrew was the original language spoken by all mankind until the Tower of Babel fiasco.

Are you sure about that Joe??  I thought it was english ;)

Craig
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.