bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why get excited?  (Read 4590 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Why get excited?
« on: May 29, 2007, 07:07:00 PM »

TRANSCRIPT IN REPENTANCE L Ray Smith.

Quote :

We sin, God forgives it.
We repent, God removes it.
That's the way it's done and it will be done that way with every human being.

All have sinned.
God has forgiven all.
All will repent.
And all sin will be removed.

Is all sin removed yet in YOUR life?

I can attest to the fact that all sin, ALL of it...is NOT removed from my life!

How much sin has been REMOVED from anyones life? Some of it? Yes. Surely! All of it? No, I do not think so! Was ALL sin removed from Paul's life? I think so but only on the last breath he took of his mortal carnal physical life and I do think he will be raised incorruptible and in Christ when Christ Resurrects him!

As for me...I still know that I fail, am weak and liable to the assaults of temptation. Also, I do not believe that ALL sin can or will be removed until Jesus comes again.

When He does, His Salvation will with finality once and for all remove all sin and begin the process of purification and the reduction of the presence of sin in those still carnal.  So, is this not a reason to be anticipating and looking with eagerness for His return ? It is for me!

Until He returns sin will be on the increase as in the days of Noah!

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
Re: Why get excited?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 07:12:58 PM »

AMEN ARCTURUS AND AMEN

God Bless you  xx
Walk in the Spirit

YellowStone

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 07:18:45 PM »

I'm with you 100% on this Arcturus  ;D

Though I should probably not smile but grimace  >:(     :D

I think one of the biggest sin's is believing that one is free of sin, it probably has something to do with the beam in ones eye.

You are so right with what you said about Paul not being free from sin, until the moment of his death. I feel the sam eway.....

Romans 7:21-25

21 So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God's law; 23 but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God–through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Great Post, :)

Love in Christ,

Darren
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 12:01:38 AM by YellowStone »

mrl1970

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 03:45:00 AM »

How much sin has been REMOVED from anyones life? Some of it? Yes. Surely! All of it? No, I do not think so! Was ALL sin removed from Paul's life? I think so but only on the last breath he took of his mortal carnal physical life and I do think he will be raised incorruptible and in Christ when Christ Resurrects him!

The statement about Paul gives me much hope.

Kat

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 11:10:54 AM »

Hi Arcturus,

We are living in a sinful world for sure, it is all around us, I guess it is much like 'in the days of Noah.'

I think you are right about Paul, by the very end of his life I think he was so at one with Christ in him, that there was no place for sin.
And for the elect too sin does not reign in their lives, as Paul said;

Rom 6:12  Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts.

And how is this possible, the verses before this one.

Rom 6:10  For in that He died, He died to sin once; but in that He lives, He lives to God.
v.11  Likewise count yourselves also to be truly dead to sin, but alive to God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

I like what Ray said in one of his emails on this.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4069.0.html -----------

We never conquer every sin as long as we are in the flesh, but we can come to the place that "sin no longer REIGNS over us."  I have no desire to sin. I do not think about sinning. There is nothing in the realm of sin that has any value to me.  I'll let Jesus be my Judge as to how far I have come in overcoming sin.  You have to cry out to God to rescue from sin. You cannot and you will not do it on your own power.

God be with you,

Ray 
---------------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace, and love
        Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 05:38:53 PM »

Thank you for adding to this thread Sandie, Darren and I am happy you have had your hope strengthened mrl1970.

Kat what you add is true and while we may experience some overcoming and victory I do think we are never out of the hoop of knowing that we fail and are weak or liable to temptation and it is only the Hand of Christ that keeps us from sinning. We could be Saddam Hussein if God wanted us to be! ;D >:(

The point I am bringing forward and wish to highlight is that we sin and are being either sorted out here and now in this life time or we are being carefully preserved for the wrath of God for the Judgement.

Paul said 1 Tim 1 : 15 The saying is sure and true and Worthy of all acceptance that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am foremost.
So....and this is not just addressing you Kat...but everyone who is reading this....how was Paul being prepared to enter the Kingdom through trials and tribulations? In his letter to the Corinthians, Paul wrote 2 Cor 11 : 23 -25...I am more, with far more EXTENSIVE and ABUNDANT labors, with far more IMPRISONMENTS, BEATEN with COUNTLESS STRIPES and frequently AT THE POINT OF DEATH 24. FIVE TIMES I received from the Jews FORTY LASHES ALL BUT ONE. 25. Three times I have been BEATEN WITH RODS; once I WAS STONED.  Three times I have been abroad a SHIP WRECKED AT SEA......

and the list goes on and on AND ON!....In Acts 20 :23 Paul said " The Holy Spirit clearly and emphatically affirms to me in city after city that imprisonment and suffering await me."

Our challenges, tough circumstances and humbling experiences are for our promotion also.

That is another reason to anticipate the return of Christ because then it will be over if we are chosen and are found eager for His return!

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 05:50:36 PM by Arcturus »

Kat

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 05:46:36 PM »

Hi Arcturus,

we are never out of the hoop of knowing that we fail and are weak or liable to temptation and it is only the Hand of Christ that keeps us from sinning.

So true.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.