bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jesus?  (Read 5198 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Jesus?
« on: May 30, 2007, 01:00:03 PM »

Dear Andre: I will make a few COMMENTS in your email........

Dear Ray

The following questions have been on my mind recently, could you please help me out with them when you get a chance:

Would it be Scripturally correct to say that Jesus is our tithe, as well as Him being all the other offerings under the Old Covenant as well?

COMMENT:  We need to be careful in assuming that everything written pertains to Christ. There are parallels between the offerings and Jesus offering Himself as our "sin Offering." However, there are now those who go ballistic in trying to tie Jesus to every thing and ever one. One recently started to teach that Jesus is a "type of" the murdering king David who died with murder in his heart (I Kings 2:1-9). Or that "Jesus typifies Tamar." Tamar for those of you who don't know what a infamous whore found in Genesis 38 who sold her whoredom to her Father-in-law, Judah, for a goat! Or that Jesus was not just our "Offering for sin," but that He was Himself, SIN! All such blasphemy will be severely judged.

Also, is it Scripturally correct to say that all mankind died with Jesus at the Cross, as I’ve heard some say? We only die once, do we not?

COMMENT:  If all else fails, check the SCRIPTURES. Actually we are told that we are baptized into Jesus' death, not our own:  "Know YE not [when Paul speaks of 'ye, we, our, and us,' he is speaking of Believers, not the wicked of the whole world], that so many of US as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into HIS death?"  (Rom. 6:3-7)  Continuing in verse 3: "For if WE have been planted together in the likeness of HIS death, WE [Believers, not the whole world] shall be also in the likeness of His resurrection.  Knowing this, that our old man is crucified WITH Him, that the body of sin [the 'whole' of sin, not that the flesh of the body is sin itself] might BE destroyed [an ongoing process], that henceforth we should not SERVE sin.  For he that is DEAD is freed [Gk: 'being freed'] from sin."  Therefore we are to:  "...RECKON" (Verse 11) ourselves to be dead to sin, even though we are never completely free from it, but we do come to the place that we no longer "serve" sin, and sin no longer "reigns over us."

God be with you,
    Ray

Your Nashville conference on who and what is Jesus Christ was interesting and very helpful. There’s a lot to take in but I’m getting there, so thank you.

God be with you.

Yours sincerely,
    Andre.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.