bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: You are called out of Babylon and then what's next ?  (Read 6166 times)

mrsnacks

You are called out of Babylon and then what's next ?
« on: May 30, 2007, 02:34:59 PM »

God has brought me out of darkness and into the light. Most of the doctrines taught by Christendom is out of my system. I know longer hold to the doctrines of men.
I am sure there is more to be learned and burned off of me in my journey ahead.
So my question is what's next ? God calls you out and then what.  ???

Kat

Re: You are called out of Babylon and then what's next ?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 06:20:11 PM »

Here are a few things the scripture say about living in Christ.

Gal 5:24  But those belonging to Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts.
v. 25  If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Mat 5:16  Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in Heaven.

Tit 2:7  Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity,
v. 8  and sound speech that cannot be condemned, so that an opponent may be put to shame, having nothing evil to say about us.

John 15:8  In this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit, so you shall be My disciples.

Gal 5:22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
v. 23  gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

2Co 10:3  For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh.
v. 4  For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds.
v. 5  We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ,
v. 6  being ready to punish every disobedience, when your obedience is complete.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 07:08:40 PM »

Hi Mrsnacks,
The son of perdition has been revealed, i feel my walk has just started!

God Bless
Sandie
Walk in the Spirit

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 07:32:41 PM »

Amen Sandie!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 07:33:34 PM by Arcturus »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 08:55:14 PM »

The real journey begins once we realize (it is impressed upon us by God) that the man made traditions of physical rituals are meaningless in regard to our spiritual growth. The growth starts with this realization, coming out of the Babylonian system is not an end but a beginning. Just as it was when Jesus called Peter, James & John (the rest later of course) their calling was only the beginning of knowledge and trials (in Him) not an instantanious reward for having "made it" or for earning themselves salvation by being at the right place at the right time.

This process of purging our carnal minds by the Fire of His Spirit can and will be a period of tribulation and yet of joy, to some that may sound like the rantings of a madman but He Himself has declared His ways "strange" to our natural minds.

I believe Sandie really nailed it when she stated that her walk has just started once the "son of perdition" was revealed. This is not something we learn in man made institutions as they will continue to direct us to look everywhere outside of ourselves for where (and when) this "man" resides, when he is reigning within all the while.

Here are some very pertinent points from a couple of Ray's articles. (links provided)

THE BELIEVER’S JUDGMENT BY FIRE

Well, yes, it does appear that there is a judgment on the house of God, but certainly not a judgment by FIRE, is there? Doesn’t God judge non-believers with fire, but not believers? This only sounds strange to you if you have never been taught the Scriptures.

"Beloved, think it NOT STRANGE concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some STRANGE thing happened unto you" (I Pet. 4:12).

Peter makes it sound as though going through fiery trails is the norm rather than the exception. The New Testament is filled with the fiery trials of the Saints.

Now I hope that none will be offended at my next few statements, but if so, so be it. Unless God Almighty through the purging power of His FIERY SPIRIT, is BURNING OUT the lusts and passions and vanity and haughtiness and greed and self-righteousness and laziness and weakness and hypocrisy and wickedness and pride and materialism and cynicism and depravity and carnality in your life, then Jesus Christ is not choosing you to reign with Him as the Sons of God in the Kingdom of God to bring all Heaven and Earth to repentance and salvation!

JOHN THE BAPTIST: John the Baptist said that Jesus would be baptizing repentant believers with fire.

"I indeed baptize you with water unto REPENTANCE: but He that comes after me is mightier than I, Whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: He shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit, AND WITH FIRE" (Matt. 3:11).

JESUS CHRIST:

"For EVERY ONE [sinner and saint] shall be salted with FIRE" (Mark 9:49).

APOSTLE PETER:

"That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perishes, though it [your faith] be TRIED IN THE FIRE, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ" (I Pet. 1:7).

APOSTLE PAUL:

"Every man’s work [including believers] shall be made manifest; for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed BY FIRE, and the FIRE shall try every man’s work of what sort it is" (I Cor. 3:13).

With such noble and august witnesses, does anyone deny that the repentant, converted, dedicated, believing Christian will escape being "revealed," tried," "salted," and "baptized" by FIRE? These Scriptures are undeniable! Whatever this "fire" is, it is going to be used ON EVERYONE. These four Scriptures have the believer specifically in view, but it says and includes "EVERYONE shall be salted with FIRE," and "EVERY MAN’S WORK ... shall be revealed by FIRE."

GRACE AND JUDGMENT

"For whom the Lord loves He CHASTENS ..." (Heb. 12:6).

There is no escaping it. If you are to be a "son of God" you will be chastened. Now I don’t want to pile too much on you at once here, but there’s more. As you can see from the definition above, the word "chastened" is paideuo, and is not too severe. Even if involving some punishment, the whole thrust of the word is to train, educate, discipline, instruct, etc. These are all good things not to be feared. But there is more, so we might just as well read it and get our attitudes adjusted to it. The rest of the verse:

"For whom the Lord loves He CHASTENS, and [AND] ... SCOURGES every son whom He receives [or is assenting]" (Heb. 12:6)

"SCOURGES?" No, not scourging! Does God shows His love toward us by scourging us? It is absolutely necessary. Scourging is definitely even more severe and harsh than chastening.

The word "scourge" in Heb. 12:6 is from the Greek word mastigoo and here’s its definition: "to flog (literally or figuratively) -- scourge" Strong’s Greek Dictionary, page 46. And what does "flog" mean?

"flog 1. To beat severely with a whip or rod." Page 531 American heritage College Dictionary.

This word "scourge" in Heb. 12:6 which God performs on us, is the very same word found in John 19:1 where it says they took Jesus and "scourged" Him. Now then, will God literally "BEAT SEVERELY WITH A WHIP OR ROD" every son that He receives? No, not necessarily, even though they did literally do so to Paul and many other followers of Jesus Christ. Remember that the definition said it can be "literal OR figurative."

Many people have come to know Christ in their senior years, and God does not literally beat every little old lady with whips and rods when they turn to Him. However, the chastening of God’s grace which we read about in Titus 2:11 can certainly seem like a real flogging. God will chasten us until He drives out the beast in us. The beast of supposed "free will" which is really self-will does not want to leave peaceably! It takes the very presence of Jesus Christ to dispel the beast of humanistic self-determinism, commonly called "free will."

Although we are not condemned when God judges us, we nonetheless must be chastened.

"If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chastens not? But if you be without chastisement, whereof ALL are partakers, then are you ********, and NOT sons. Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection into the Father of spirits, and live? For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but He for OUR PROFIT, that we might be partakers of His holiness. Now no chastening for the present seems to be joyous, but GRIEVOUS: nevertheless afterward it yields the PEACEABLE FRUIT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS unto them which are exercised thereby" (Heb. 12:7--11).

So it is essential that we accept God’s chastisement which is how He "judges" us.

The reason we are not "condemned" with the world is because we accept God’s judgment in our lives

"There is therefore now NO CONDEMNATION to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit" (Rom. 8:1).

But can we compare the judging that believers go through with the judging that the wicked receive at the end of the age in the lake of fire. Surely there is no comparison, is there? Trust me when I say, "For there is no respect [Gk: partiality] of persons with God" (Rom. 2:11).

http://bible-truths.com/lake3.html

THE LIFE OF A BELIEVER

Let’s see again just what is involved in living the live of a believer:

"For by GRACE are ye saved through FAITH; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast. For we are HIS workmanship [Gk: achievement], created in Christ Jesus unto [unto what?] … unto GOOD WORKS, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them" (Eph. 2:10). We are not saved by OUR WORKS, but we are preordained to walk in GOD’S GOOD WORKS, nonetheless.

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be BORN AGAIN, he cannot see the kingdom of God." (John 3;3). Notice that Eph. 2:10 says that we are "created IN Christ." Something new happens when we are "IN" Christ. There is a NEW birth and there is a NEW creation, "Therefore if any man be IN Christ, he is a NEW CREATURE [Gk: creation]: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" (II Cor. 5:17). Albeit, this new creation has its perils as we will see in the next verse.

"Yea, and ALL that will live godly in Christ Jesus [as a new and different creature] SHALL SUFFER PERSECUTION." (II Tim. 3:12). This is not just a possibility; it is an absolute PROMISE.

"Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through MUCH TRIBULATION [pressure, afflictions] enter into the kingdom of God" (Acts 14:22).

"For if we would JUDGE OURSELVES, we should not be judged. But when we ARE JUDGED, we are CHASTENED [Greek: paideuo, to train, educate, discipline, punish, chastise, instruct, learn, and teach] of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world [at the great white throne judgment]" (I Cor. 11:31-32).

"And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks unto you as unto children, My Son, despise not you the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of Him. For whom the Lord loves He CHASTENS [Prov. 13:24] AND SCOURGES [see I Pet. 5:9] EVERY SON WHOM HE RECEIVES. But if you be without chastisement, whereof ALL are partakers, then are you ********, and not sons" (Heb. 12:5-8). "Every man’s work shall be made manifest; for the day shall declare it, because it shall be REVEALED BY FIRE; and the fire shall try EVERY MAN’S WORK of what sort it is" (I Cor. 3;13).

"Fear NONE of those things which you shall suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that you may be tried; and you shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give you a CROWN OF LIFE" (Rev. 2:10). "To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the TREE OF LIFE [eternal, immortal life]" (Rev. 2:7), "He that overcomes shall not be hurt of the second death" (Rev. 2:11), "And he that overcomes, and keeps my works unto the end, to him will I give POWER OVER THE NATIONS" (Rev. 2;26), "He that overcomes, the same shall be clothed in white raiment [righteousness] and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life [Christ is the book of life] but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels" (Rev. 3:5), "Him that overcomes will I make a PILLAR [a main and vital support in the very government of Almighty God] IN THE TEMPLE OF MY GOD…" (Rev. 3:12), "To him that overcomes will I grant to SIT WITH ME IN MY THRONE, even as I also overcame [see John 16:33], and am set down with My Father in His throne" (Rev. 3:21).

There we have a very brief overview of the life of a believer. Is it not obvious that the life of a believer consists of a whole lot more than just "believing" that Jesus is the Christ? God has bigger plans for the human race than just "saving" them. God can "save" chickens, but God doesn’t want chickens for sons! God wants sons that are PERFECT as He is perfect! Wouldn’t you all agree that becoming perfect might just require a whole lot more than singing gospel music once a week? Perfection requires many things that only God can perform in our lives. We are, after all, His workmanship, His achievement. Having ALL OUR WORKS tried in the fire of His Holy Spirit is no small part of becoming perfect.

http://bible-truths.com/lake6.html

Folks, this is just the beginning, hold on tight for an incredible ride!

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 03:20:26 PM »

Great Post Joe

It is always a pleasure to read what Ray writes. He doesn't embroider or make what he says frilly or fancy. He calls a spade a spade. I like that with Ray there is not double mindedness. He says what he means and means what he says and that is a great example!

To add, here is a caution!

Excerpt from http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm Twelve Truths to understanding His Word.

Every single person I know that has stopped growing, spiritually, begins to go backwards, loosing what light they may have possessed because they are no longer faithful to the Word and commandments of Almighty God.

They all possess one or more "idols of the heart," that they will not give up or repent of. Sadly, in most cases, (even when backed into an indefensible corner with the Scriptures), it is extremely rare that such ones will acknowledge their sin and repent of their error. Over time such individuals usually become bitter, after which it is only a matter of time before Satan has them for lunch!

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 04:58:06 PM »

Thanks Arcturus,

I agree wholeheartedly about the way Ray communicates, direct, to the point, no mincing of words to endear himself to a wider audience. This is something that I recognized right from the beginning.

After spending a considerable portion of my life as a scammer among scammers in the most literal sense, I saw that even in the "straight, law abiding" world there was no shortage of people looking at others for what they could personally gain from them whether that be money, power, worldly influence or intimacy.

Even here in the Forum I have seen many come and go, some with bitterness, some with derogatory statements about Ray or certain members and sometimes broadbrushed statements about everyone involved. You know what I have never seen? Someone scripturally take down the points made in the articles. Some have burst on the scene ecstatic about Universal Salvation, others on the unscriptural tithing fallacy or some other point, sometimes a combination of 2 or 3 things but when one of their pet doctrines are questioned and answered with scripture the emotional "old man" rears his head and defends to the death (of their spiritual growth, at least for a time) this idol that has become (perhaps only temporarily) more important than God's Word.

It is a rare thing (as you posted from 'The 12 Truths') to see any of these people return and repent of the things they have said, not that they won't eventually but in my almost 2 years here I could use maybe 1 hand to count the times it has happened.

To me that is a terrifying thought, to be so consumed by an idol, to be so prideful as to refuse to acknowledge error as it stares me in the face, to speak of and to claim an unbounding love as I hatefully accuse others in front of God and men, I pray that if I ever drift into this complacent and hypocritical state of mind that one of the brethren here spiritually slaps me upside my hard head!

This journey is not easy and even within the confines of the Forum patience and longsuffering are constantly being tested, strengthened and purified, we need each other to speak plainly from His Word, pulling no punches for the sorry sake of popularity or any other temporal reward.

This I believe is the most important function this Forum can provide, of course it is nice to fellowship with others that have similar beliefs but the realization, the learning, sometimes painfully of what it is to have the Spirit of Christ displace the beast within is the very biggest reason we have this site, this process of being sifted, of being under a magnifying glass, being purged, tried by fire and all the other descriptions of this creation (firstfruits, Sons and Daughters) process is an incredible thing to contemplate, and experience!

Joe
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 08:33:41 AM by hillsbororiver »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 05:16:08 PM »

Exactly Joe!

I caught this that Ray said at Nashville and for me it was very profound.  Perhaps it encapsulates what you have expressed.

Ray said : They have not learnt what they are yet or at least what they should be.

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

sansmile

• my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 07:37:06 PM »

Hi all,

This has been a real edifying thread for me........the caution  Arcturus........well noted by me that is. We all have idols in our heart that we regularly repent of. Ray made a statement not too long ago it was " we need to "hate " the sin  before we TRULY  repent. 

Joe, You said it is rare when someone , when they have left this forum..return, i may be wrong  but i beleive matt left and has now returned, and he is so strong since he has done. He edifies and builds us up so much. If i am mistaken Matt i apologise. :)

Actually I have heard this scripture quoted so many times by christiandom:

(Mat 7:14)  Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Youngs Literal Translation says it like this:

(Mat 7:14)  how strait is the gate, and compressed the way that is leading to the life, and few are those finding it!

HOW???? strait is the gate and compressed.

Compressed by what?

My grandmother used to have a picture hanging in the room where i used to sleep. It was a picture that showed the road to heaven and hell........i have to admit it was my schoolmaster  lol.  The picture showed 2 literal roads.....one wide and full of pubs, betting shops, people supposedly having fun.......the other was a narrow lane with churches and gospel groups etc.  I remember as a child thinking, well i don't want to burn in hell, so, there is only one road i can take.  But, even then, as a 9 yr old i thought,  how can i be  that good to stay on that road.

Strait and compressed, brings to mind opression, but those now seeing the truth feel the opposite.....freedom..freedom from the constraints of man made doctrines..freedom from the heavy yolk christiandom put on us. Jesus yoke is made for 2. Him and me. He takes the weight, He takes the pain, He takes the stress of modern day living....from ME.  What a peace that gives.

So is that road narrow, yes, it is  because its the ONLY way. No roundabouts , no junctions.....we may have an amber light here and there and a stop, but that is Him restraining me from going down the wrong route. He is the way, the truth and the LIGHT!

1Jo 2:8)  Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.

God bless

Sandie

Walk in the Spirit

hillsbororiver

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 08:42:18 AM »

Joe, You said it is rare when someone , when they have left this forum..return,

Hi Sandie,

It is indeed quite rare, there have been a handful that have returned out of the scores if not hundreds that have come and gone because of one thing or another (usually personality or "feelings" but sometimes because of doctrines or tradition they refused to consider may be fallacy) but never has the reason for leaving have to do with heresy that they were able to provide scriptural witnesses for.

His Peace to you Sister,

Joe

Patrick

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 11:41:17 AM »

To me that is a terrifying thought, to be so consumed by an idol, to be so prideful as to refuse to acknowledge error as it stares me in the face, to speak of and to claim an unbounding love as I hatefully accuse others in front of God and men,

Same here; something I pray to God about daily.

I pray that if I ever drift into this complacent and hypocritical state of mind that one of the brethren here spiritually slaps me upside my hard head!

Consider it done! ;)
I pray that if I'm ever in this same situation, a brethren does the same for me.

This journey is not easy and even within the confines of the Forum patience and longsuffering are constantly being tested, strengthened and purified, we need each other to speak plainly from His Word, pulling no punches for the sorry sake of popularity or any other temporal reward.

This I believe is the most important function this Forum can provide, of course it is nice to fellowship with others that have similar beliefs but the realization, the learning, sometimes painfully of what it is to have the Spirit of Christ displace the beast within is the very biggest reason we have this site, this process of being sifted, of being under a magnifying glass, being purged, tried by fire and all the other descriptions of this creation (firstfruits, Sons and Daughters) process is an incredible thing to contemplate, and experience!

Joe

Amen!

gmik

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 06:49:09 PM »

Mrsnacks, what a great question because it created an awesome thread.  Thanks posters!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.