bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why are God's truths hidden ?  (Read 7686 times)

mrsnacks

Why are God's truths hidden ?
« on: May 30, 2007, 02:42:41 PM »

I know what the answer is. I am just having a hard time with it.

It would be like me standing in front of a class of students and teaching a subject for example. I would want all my students to understand my teaching. I know God's ways aren't our ways but why does God deceive and hide. Jesus spoke in parables and even the disciples didn't understand. The answer is many are called but few are chosen. If all are eventually saved and every knee shall bow and tongue confess- why the long route. Is there another answer to this besides many are called few are chosen. Or is it like the Bruce Hornsby song - " That's just the way it is. "

hillsbororiver

Re: Why are God's truths hidden ?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 03:02:05 PM »

Ray spoke of this in detail at Saturday's portion of the Conference, "bizarre" is a word he used frequently in describing how our (present) minds perceive God and His plan.

Isa 28:21  For the LORD shall rise up as in mount Perazim, he shall be wroth as in the valley of Gibeon, that he may do his work, his strange work; and bring to pass his act, his strange act.

Isa 55:8  For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

His Peace to you,

Joe

mrsnacks

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 03:10:31 PM »

So God is bizarre from our perception ? I do agree. He is strange from where I stand.

mari_et_pere

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 12:43:32 PM »

I agree! I feel guilty though; calling God bizarre. His ways are indeed strange to our human minds. But of course He knows what we think about Him and His ways so I'm sure it's no suprise to Him, correct? But honestly, if anyone actually answers your question, mrsnacks, they lie. How could any of us KNOW for certainty why His ways are hidden? We have to search and search, question and answer, basically our whole lives and STILL  not know it all. Very odd. I want to teach my kids everything I know. So why not God to us?

Of course then again, if God taught all of us everything, we'd have some dangerous people on this planet would we not? I guess we need to use faith and accept that the way it happens is the right way, for it's God's way. Why doesn't matter even though it makes us wonder.

What I wonder is, when He created mankind, and the whole universe for that matter, and He KNEW exactly what would happen throughout all of history, why...........obviously He has a purpose for it all, which boggles my mind. He has purpose for it ALL. Someday we'll know and be glad in it I'm sure. Until then, I'll wonder and think about it, but I'm quite sure I'll never find the answer to that one. If you ever figure it out, let me know.  :D

Wondering just like you do,

Matt

jackson

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 02:58:49 PM »

Hey Matt,

You said you You wanted to teach your kids everything you know, so why wouldn't God want the same for us.?

Like you I have children (2 girls, 8 and 10) and I pray every day that God will reveal to them the same truths he has to me (not that I know everything, far from it).  But I want the best for them, like any good parent would.  However, there are some things I can try to explain to them and they just don't get it.  It's way over there heads.  It's the same with God and us...there are just some things our tiny little brains (speaking for myself of course) can't understand.

I think God wants us to know and understand everything, it's just going to take time, patience and a long maturation process.

By the way, my girls think I'm bizarre too, but I know better..."if I weren't crazy, I'd go insane".

Jackson

mari_et_pere

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 04:13:24 PM »

Jackson, LOL yeah.......a favorite line from a song I used to listen too goes, "If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane." It's a heavy metal song from the 80's so I wouldn't really suggest any of ya listen to it so I won't name it.
But back to the topic at hand, I don't think we'll know anything close to everything until we are resurrected and transformed.

Matt

seminole

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 07:29:40 PM »

I think it is a matter of learning and understanding more every day. It won't stop till the end of our days.
Nole

levycarneiro

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 07:12:06 PM »

I would want all my students to understand my teaching. I know God's ways aren't our ways but why does God deceive and hide. Jesus spoke in parables and even the disciples didn't understand. The answer is many are called but few are chosen. If all are eventually saved and every knee shall bow and tongue confess- why the long route. Is there another answer to this besides many are called few are chosen. Or is it like the Bruce Hornsby song - " That's just the way it is. "

In short I think God needs pressure in our lives so these God's qualities and virtues can be learned. These things take time. God took his time to birth wisdom.

- we don't have everything we want
- we don't know everything we want

Additionally I think that God needs contrast, God works in those that know the truth and see others that don't know, and God also works different things in those that don't know the truth and see the others that do know.

This email from Ray has helped me a big deal to understand these things:

"Why are we here?"
http://bible-truths.com/email2.htm#why

Having said all that, FOR SURE there are many other wise reasons as to why God did things "the way they are". It's all about wisdom.

God bless!
Levy

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 07:58:24 PM »

Hi Levy and folks,

The answer eludes me as well so the only hint is speculation within scripture.

God is ALL powerful and God plans to continue sharing His creation with each of us sometime in the future. All of human history shows that God plans to gift mankind with great power and authority. We know this because of what our leaders have been able to do to us even in their selfish desire to gain power for themselves. We can only imagine what could be done if power similar to what has already been seen were given to a righteous people to use according to God's will.

Just for a small example the giving of mankind, little people who were elected to manage the everyday affairs of a Nation such as the U. S. A., the power to speak the words and obliterate a whole city with one atomic bomb. Imagine that God permitted any leader of a nation to develop and use that amount of HIS power.

Then imagine further that God gave the same nation and other nations too, the power to control within their own silly hands and minds a hydrogen bomb that is 1000 times more powerful than the first atom bomb with the only restriction being M.A.D. mutually assured destruction if they misused that power for selfish purposes. Now that is scary! And yet God did it and is doing it.

So just imagine what kind of power and authority God shall grant a family of righteous sons and daughters who have been glorified to be like God's only begotten son the Lord Jesus, who if you have seen him you then have seen the Father. WOW

Gen.1:26-28 And God said, Let us (be making) make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Heb. 2:6-8 But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him? Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownest him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands: Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.

Heb.2:8-10 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we do not see all things put under him. But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.  For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Rom.8:18-19 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Rom.8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 08:44:26 PM »

Boy, is this an old thread.

Why are God's truths hidden ?

The reason is short and sweet but profound and above the wisdom of this world.

The reason why God's truths are hidden is because many are called but few are chosen.

Thats it.

the truth

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 10:10:05 PM »

mrsnacks,

your quote:If all are eventually saved and every knee shall bow and tongue confess- why the long route. Is there another answer to this besides many are called few are chosen. Or is it like the Bruce Hornsby song - " That's just the way it is. "

Of course the answer is :"many are called and few are chosen".But you ask Why the long route?

your answer.....Heb 5:8  Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered!

God has the perfect plan and NOBODY not even Christ skips the process!

Its in the experience of Good and Evil ...Which we call life .We go from Carnal beast to the image of Christ.Without it we would never be conformed.Keep reading Rays teachings and it will all fall into place.And then you wont say "IF" All are saved.Hope this helps mrsnacks great to have you here on the forum.God Bless!

John from Kentucky

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 11:32:17 PM »

mrsnacks,

your quote:If all are eventually saved and every knee shall bow and tongue confess- why the long route. Is there another answer to this besides many are called few are chosen. Or is it like the Bruce Hornsby song - " That's just the way it is. "

Of course the answer is :"many are called and few are chosen".But you ask Why the long route?

your answer.....Heb 5:8  Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered!

God has the perfect plan and NOBODY not even Christ skips the process!

Its in the experience of Good and Evil ...Which we call life .We go from Carnal beast to the image of Christ.Without it we would never be conformed.Keep reading Rays teachings and it will all fall into place.And then you wont say "IF" All are saved.Hope this helps mrsnacks great to have you here on the forum.God Bless!

Hi Jerry,

To give you a heads up.  If a member's name has gone "black" and they are listed as a guest, it means they let their original membership expire.

Once you are a member, you have to login (not comment) at least once every four months to maintain current membership status.
If your membership has expired, then you must rejoin the Forum to become a current member.  Some former members have rejoined using their old name; some have rejoined under a different name.  And of course, a former member can follow the Forum without having to be a current member.

You can go back in the archives and see who has been here a long time.  Like Dennis and Craig---they're as old as dirt.   ;D

John

Joel

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 11:37:14 PM »

Proverbs 25:2
It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

Joel

the truth

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 11:57:34 PM »

Thanks John...That will help me in the future.

levycarneiro

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 12:06:45 AM »

Thanks everyone, all of your answers helped me a big deal!

God bless

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2012, 02:49:13 AM »

I miss "Joe" Hillsbororiver. He was always such an avid poster and I used to enjoy reading his posts.

Sorry, off topic slightly, I know. :X
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Ian 155

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2012, 07:11:27 AM »

To add - James 1:5 - 7  may assist your understanding - as Our Lord allows
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.