bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is the trinity of man a false teaching ?  (Read 3950 times)

mrsnacks

Is the trinity of man a false teaching ?
« on: May 30, 2007, 03:07:01 PM »

I know that the trinity of God is a false teaching. The Holy Spirit is not the third person of God. The Holy Spirit is God's Spirit. And God is Spirit.

But analogies have been spoken of man being a trinity of mind, body and spirit. But I understand that man is not a trinity either. Man is body and spirit thus producing a living soul. So the mind I take it is part of the soul bacause the soul is immaterial and the mind is as well. Is this correct ?

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Is the trinity of man a false teaching ?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 05:19:58 PM »

As I understand it, the soul is the sentient being. That part of us that thinks and feels. So yes, I think you are correct.

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 06:08:00 PM »

I want to make my post clearer. I think you are correct about what you say here and I quote you : So the mind I take it is part of the soul bacause the soul is immaterial and the mind is as well. Is this correct ?

This point I believe is correct and that the soul is perhaps not a PART of the mind but is the sentient being with the mind being a part of the Soul.

As for being a trinity I do not believe this teaching about man to be correct. A trinity is equality between three partners is it not? How can dust be equal to spirit and soul or mind be equal to dust or spirit. That does not make any sense at all! ;D

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

mrsnacks

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 06:18:21 PM »

Good point.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.