bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why is the Millenium necessary ?  (Read 7572 times)

mrsnacks

Why is the Millenium necessary ?
« on: May 30, 2007, 03:16:53 PM »

Yes. More new threads I started . Keep everyone on their spiritual toes ( smile).

I am not so sure on this Millenium . My understanding is that the Kingdom of God is within you. So why is it that Jesus has to come to earth and set up His Kingdom here for 1000 years ? When Jesus came and walked among us- the people thought He was going to overthrow the Romans and set up His Kingdom. But He said His Kingdom was not visible. It is a Kingdom that exists inside of you. Not one that is physical.What would be the purpose of setting up an earthly Kingdom ? He could've done that when He visited the earth the first time.

rocky

Re: Why is the Millenium necessary ?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 04:53:48 PM »

He must reign, till he defeats all enemies.  The last enemy to be defeated is death. 

For me, the reign of Christ is the 1000 year reign.  I don't see this as a fleshly, physical reign. 

mrsnacks

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 06:22:33 PM »

So when will this reign begin ?

rocky

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 07:48:34 PM »

Starts with the first fruits harvest, imo. 

but most would say it is after the return of Christ, after the first resurrection.

¶ And you [hath he quickened], who were dead in trespasses and sins;

last enemy to be destroyed is death

Eph 2:2  Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Eph 2:3  Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Eph 2:4  But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Eph 2:5  Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 07:50:21 PM by rocky »

gmik

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 12:48:31 AM »

Good question.  Hopefully we will get more insight.  Good points rocky.

Sometimes the whys and what if questions will drive ya bonkers. Ray said it was all bizarre.

Maybe that is where faith comes in.

jER

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 03:46:45 AM »

A thousand years, or a day - matters not.

In His time!

Be thee patient; before ye becometh one - Jer 1:1     ;)

Evan600

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 04:21:18 PM »

Yes. More new threads I started . Keep everyone on their spiritual toes ( smile).

I am not so sure on this Millenium . My understanding is that the Kingdom of God is within you. So why is it that Jesus has to come to earth and set up His Kingdom here for 1000 years ? When Jesus came and walked among us- the people thought He was going to overthrow the Romans and set up His Kingdom. But He said His Kingdom was not visible. It is a Kingdom that exists inside of you. Not one that is physical.What would be the purpose of setting up an earthly Kingdom ? He could've done that when He visited the earth the first time.

This is a good question for sure.

The way that I am seeing Christ's Kingdom(Kingdom of God) right now, is that it is within everyone, including the Pharisees.

Luk 17:20  And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Luk 17:21  Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you[the pharisees].

I'm not implying that the Kingdom is just within the pharisees, but that it is within everyone because:

2Co 5:18  And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
2Co 5:19  To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself...

As far as the 1000 year reign is concerned, I believe that this is just another part of the Kingdom(Kingdom of God) as a whole.

peace

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Why is the Millenium necessary ? Jason, Mr Snacks
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 04:54:33 PM »

Hello Jason,

I just noticed your comment on Lk 17:21  The kingdom of God is 'within' you, the Pharisees(?).

I have noted that this word [strongs 1787] could also be translated as "among" you or in the "midst" of you.

If that is possible would it change your understanding that the Kingdom was/is "within" everyone?

I think Ray teaches that only a certain few are now being called/chosen to serve in the kingdom.

Please, anyone, comment on this in more detail.

Thanks, Bob

= = = =

This is a good question for sure.

The way that I am seeing Christ's Kingdom(Kingdom of God) right now, is that it is within everyone, including the Pharisees.

Luk 17:20  And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Luk 17:21  Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you[the pharisees].

I'm not implying that the Kingdom is just within the pharisees, but that it is within everyone because:

2Co 5:18  And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
2Co 5:19  To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself...

As far as the 1000 year reign is concerned, I believe that this is just another part of the Kingdom(Kingdom of God) as a whole.

peace

Kat

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 05:12:01 PM »

There was much discussion on this topic in a resent threat.
Here is the link.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4215.0.html

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Evan600

Re: Why is the Millenium necessary ? Jason, Mr Snacks
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 05:41:24 PM »

Hello Jason,

I just noticed your comment on Lk 17:21  The kingdom of God is 'within' you, the Pharisees(?).

I have noted that this word [strongs 1787] could also be translated as "among" you or in the "midst" of you.

If that is possible would it change your understanding that the Kingdom was/is "within" everyone?

I think Ray teaches that only a certain few are now being called/chosen to serve in the kingdom.

Please, anyone, comment on this in more detail.

Thanks, Bob

= = = =

I'm going to have to search the Greek New Testament, and the Septuagint to see where that word is used to understand this more.  Thanks for your post!

- Jason

Evan600

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2007, 06:17:19 PM »

The following is everywhere in the Greek Septuagint that Strong's G1787 is used.  I am quoting from the CLV because my Septuagint with these Greek numbers is in Adobe Reader format, and I can't copy them.  The Psalms are always one chapter after the Hebrew.  For instance; Psalm 39 in the KJV is actually Psalm 38 in the Septuagint.

Job 2:8 So he took for himself a potsherd to scrape himself with it as he was sitting in the midst[Stongs 1787, entos] of ashes.

Psa 39:3 My heart kindled warm within[Stongs 1787, entos] me; A fire consumed in my soliloquy; I spoke with my tongue:

Psa 103:1 Davidic Bless Yahweh, O my soul, And all within[Stongs 1787, entos] me, bless His holy Name!"

Psa 109:22 For humbled and needy am I, And my heart, it is wounded within[Stongs 1787, entos] me."

Son 3:10 Its columns he made of silver, Its bolster of gold, Its riding seat of purple, Its interior[Stongs 1787, entos] inlaid with love By the daughters of Jerusalem."

Isa 16:11 Therefore my bowels are clamoring as a harp for Moab, and my inwards[Stongs 1787, entos] as a new lyre for the side wall."

Dan 10:16 And behold, one as the likeness of the sons of humanity is touching my lips. I am opening my mouth to speak and am saying to him who is standing in front of me, "My lord, by the sight of thee my throes[Stongs 1787, entos] are turned on me, and no vigor do I retain."

In the verse above in Daniel, the Greek reads like this; ...apparition of you turned within[G1787] my, in me, and I did not have Strength.

Then we have the only two verses that are used in the New Testament:

Mat 23:26 Blind Pharisee! Cleanse first the inside[Stongs 1787, entos] of the cup and the plate, that their outside also may be becoming clean!"

Luk 17:21 Neither shall they be declaring 'Lo! here!' or 'Lo! there!' for lo! the kingdom of God is inside[Stongs 1787, entos] of you."

Conclusion:  The only verse in the Septuagint that could be maybe translated among would be Psalm 103:1; ...all among me, praise the Lord!

I must research this more, as to what the exact Hebrew equivalent to the Greek is, if there even is one.

God bless,

Jason
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 23 queries.