bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Metal Bands  (Read 4824 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Metal Bands
« on: May 30, 2007, 08:22:10 PM »

Dear Ray,

I am 19 years old, nearly 20 now and I wanted to ask you some advice. I am of the age to make my own decisions, but I still respect my family's opinions.
I've grown up with a Christian / Religious background, but I don't believe the same things myself.
I have been told that my lifestyle is inappropriate and I wanted someone else's opinion.

I'm working as an alternative model for rock magazines and things, I love Metal, have done since i was 11 years old.
My parents believed it was a phase, but for me it really isn't, it's a part of my life.
My Dad believes that all the festivals I go to in Europe are blasphemous because of the band's names and the names of the festival's themselves. But in all honesty we don't go to hail Satan, we go to respect our favourite bands.

So I wanted to know how to get my family off my back?
Is there a biblical principle or equivalent I could use in my defence?

Yours Sincerly, J en

Dear Jen: Actually there are principles to get your parents to be proud of you, but somehow I don't believe that is what you have in mind when you say, "..how to get my family off my back." Children often have trouble believing that their parents know more than they. They usually begin to see the wisdom of their parents when they reach 30 or 40.  There is little I can say to dissuade you from following your dreams. Sometimes our dreams must turn into nightmares before we can see the light of dawn.

I will pray that you do not get into too much trouble with your "metal." Maybe you don't got to these concerts to "hail Satan," but some of the bands and band members DO.

God be with you,

Ray

PS   I thought that Great Britain IS in Europe.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 09:29:38 PM by hillsbororiver »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.