bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1 Cor. 3  (Read 5237 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
1 Cor. 3
« on: May 30, 2007, 08:26:11 PM »

Hi Ray, Thanks for your great site. Isn't the context of 1 Cor 3 referring to church building by contrasting building a church with wood,hay and stubble verses eternal materials , much as i would like it to be a sweeping Pauline statement on universalism?

Dear Steve:  Yes, certainly, Paul is writing to the Corinthian Church, but don't forget that many of them
    were "Yet CARNAL" (I Cor. 3:3). Carnal means "to HATE God" (Rom. 8:7).  Are people who HATE GOD
    going to be saved?  Yes, IF they go through the purging fire (I Cor. 3:15), but NO, if they do not go through the purging fire (Matt. 7:23).

Of course there is a prior and later judgment. Judgment is upon the House of God NOW (I Pet. 4:17).
    We either judge ourselves NOW or we will be condemned with the world in a later Judgment (I Cor. 11:31-32).  Either we "pluck out our eyes and cut off our hands" in God's consuming fire NOW, or we will be have our whole body thrown in to the lake of fire LATER (Matt. 5:29-30).  The FIRE of God's Spirit saves those being called and chosen NOW as explained in this fire of I Cor. 3 and the FIRE of God's Spirit will save those in the "lake of fire" LATER. It's all the judgment of God. It is all the same kind of fiery judgment, just that one is NOW and one is LATER. But......BUT, both spiritual fires accomplish the same thing--every man will be saved, yet as by [or through] FIRE.
    God be with you,
    Ray
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 09:26:54 PM by hillsbororiver »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 19 queries.