bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help. I am surrounded by dogs !  (Read 6988 times)

mrsnacks

Need help. I am surrounded by dogs !
« on: May 31, 2007, 02:14:59 PM »

Yes . I am the one with the pigeon problem. Check my pigeon thread out.

Not only that we moved into a new home over a year ago. And I said to my wife that the worst thing I could imagine is that we get neighbors with a barking dog. Guess what ? Yes you figured it out. I got neighbors on each side of me with dogs. The one on the left has 3 dogs and they are big. And they bark especially during the early morning. At night they are not that much of a problem for they keep them in the house and let them out when they go for work around 6:00am. I am still sleeping. The neighbors on the other side have 2 dogs as well. They aren't that bad.

So why didn't God do this ? He knows I hate barking dogs. Dogs I don't mind- it's the barking ones. You know - they bark for no reason. I love dogs. I have a picture of one on one of my tee shirts. It's a polo shirt. I am sorry- it's a horse and it's rider. Well close enough.

Plus I have a recording studio and I can't record when I hear barking dogs. I thought I must get rich and then I could afford a house on 3-4  acres so I won't have the problem. Any suggestions ?

I am reminded of a Seinfeld show where Elaine had the same problem with a neighor next door. She hired a guy to kidnap the dog and release it 10 miles out of town. The problem was the dog found it's way back home. HELP !!!

mari_et_pere

Re: Need help. I am surrounded by dogs !
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 02:25:25 PM »

You don't get along well with animals do you? Maybe the barking dogs are judgement or consequence to something you've done in the past?  ;D j/k......
But before you pay someone to kidnap the dogs, or save the money and do it yourself, I'll tell you that I've heard of dogs finding their way across the whole continent, so ya might as well forget that idea.
You should call Ceasar Malon (sic). You know, the dog whisperer. The dude's good! All he has to do is point and say, "SHT!" and the dog obeys. Ya try that yet?

SHT,

Matt

mrsnacks

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 02:34:57 PM »

I do love animals. I have books with pictures of them. MY favorite show as a child was Lassie. One of my favorite movies is King Kong ( the new one).

When I was about 6 or 7 years old - my mom bought a bird for the house. I hated that bird. He would get out of the cage and fly around. Finally my mom got rid of him. I did have a beagle when I was in high school. I liked him but I have allergies. So I didn't play with him as much.

So what is God showing me here ? I am surrounded by dogs and pigeons.  ???

mari_et_pere

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 02:47:49 PM »

If you start building an ark then I'll worry about you, but I think God's just showing you how pretty charming interesting uplifting satisfying annoying nature can be.  ;)

Matt

mrsnacks

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 02:50:15 PM »

But I know that already.  :'(

If I build an ark - it's for me. And I ain't taking any animals with me.

mari_et_pere

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 02:57:23 PM »

LOL you'll build an ark to get the heck away from the animals huh? hehehe

Matt

mrsnacks

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 08:41:43 PM »

Yes you got that right. Are there any barking dogs in heaven ? How about pigeons? ???

gmik

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 10:23:19 PM »

I hate to butt in on you two, but after a harrowing last day of school this was such a fun thread!!

We have a barking dog neighbor. The other neighbors went straight up to the man and told him off.  We just smile and don't say anything.  Hopefully, he has taken the hint.  The dog is tied up in the back and the kids don't ever play w/ him.  Also we just shut the windows, turn on the air, and fan, and try to drown out the noise!

This too shall pass!           

mrsnacks

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 02:28:01 AM »

Our windows our shut and he is right next door. My wife says at least their barks are low pitched. She is not so bothered by them. A bark is a bark to me.

I don't get it. Pigeons and dogs. I don't know if I can take it. God is the savior of all mankind. I need Him to save me from all this. Or else get the helium balloon for the pigeons.

My mind can be very carnal. I have all kind of bad thoughts. I mean don't people think that when their dogs bark that constant barking may be annoying to their neighbors ?  ???

gmik

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 06:37:17 PM »

What I don't get is doesn't the constant barking bother THEM???

mrsnacks

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 07:00:18 PM »

No : I finally yelled " Shut up " last night and the dog stopped immediately. I think they brought him in the house.  ;D

Robert

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 08:25:05 PM »

I can’t stand barking dogs as well. My neighbour has got one, and so has my other neighbour. AND they’ve got pigeons as well! I’m convinced the sole purpose of pigeons is to poop everywhere, especially on my patio. I also wonder if the inquisition were thought up by priests staying awake all night listening to barking dogs.
The fact that owners don’t get bothered with them is because they have control over them. They know that at any time they can go outside and tell the dog to be quiet, and it will. Control is the key. I read about a psychological study that involved two control groups working in an office environment. Both groups were subject to annoying background noise, but one group had access to a button where anyone could switch off the noise. As expected, the group that were subject to the noise and had no control became frustrated and production suffered. In the other group, production and frustration were not affected, but interestingly, no-one turned the noise off!
Here’s what I’m suggesting: Get some means of control. This could be the likes of one of those high-frequency sound devices that are used for dog-control or attack repellent.
As for the pigeons, my neighbour eliminated the majority of them using poison feed.

mrsnacks

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2007, 09:45:12 PM »

Poison feed ? Did the pigeons end up dead on his property ? Everyday there is poop on our sidewalk and in our courtyard entrance. How would those dog whistles
work ? I figure it would make them howl like a wolf.

Robert

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2007, 01:06:09 AM »

Have a look at this site, as an example. http://www.1stlinesecurity.com/dogdeterrent1.html They are an electronic device that produces an ultra-high frequency noise beyond our hearing-range but audible and annoying to dogs, sort of like a high-tech version of the ‘silent’ dog whistles. I’ve never used one, but know of someone who carries one whilst jogging. The site owner suggests that it can be used to train dogs to stop barking. I checked again with my neighbour about the pigeon poison which he used a while ago. To begin with, he told me it’s technically not a poison, the drug in the feed lowers their body temperature so they die of cold in a normal environment. He stopped using it when the population got down to about 50, which to my mind is 49 too many.

LittleBear

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2007, 05:25:24 PM »

Hee Hee everyone! :D

What I don't get is doesn't the constant barking bother THEM???

Probably they are so relieved to get the barking away from INSIDE the house, that their dogs barking outside is peace and quiet.

I feel sorry for you Mr. Snacks :'(

Ursula
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.