bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: another newbie  (Read 5551 times)

carol70

another newbie
« on: May 31, 2007, 02:59:22 PM »

Hi all.

I was led to Ray's site almost two weeks ago.  I'm brand new to most of God's word.  I was baptized and joined my local Baptist church two years ago.  I grew up in the church but never really paid attention to any of the doctrines.  After I was baptized I thought I was set and on the road to salvation.  And now...God is speaking his truth to me through this site and Ray's audios and now, well, I feel liberated but very lost and alone.

I feel I should be happy but I'm feeling a great sense of loss.  I had built up a good spiritual support system, or so I'd thought, and now its just...gone.  You could drive a mack truck through the hole left in me.

I'm not resisting the truth, far from it.  I just don't know what to do with it and I'm fearful of my place in God's kingdom.  I know my salvation will come regardless.  But it seems to me if my judgment doesn't come until later, then what is my purpose now?  I have no right to ask these things, but I can't stop the thoughts and the fears that come with it. 

Ignorance is indeed bliss. 

Everyone here seems so knowledgeable.  I am not but that hasn't stopped me from being able to accept the truth when I hear it.  I will probably ask a lot of dumb questions and say a lot of ignorant things so please bear with me!

rk12201960

Re: another newbie
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 03:04:46 PM »

Welcome Carol.

Don't worry, most of us here had the same feelings. It truly is growing pains from God.

Ask away and don't feel shy, we're all in the same boat going to the same port.

God bless you and welcome again to the Forum!

In Christ,
Randy
 ;D 8) ;D

Kat

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 07:35:59 PM »

Hi Carol,

I am so glad you have joined us, the fellowship here can be a great source of comfort.  I think you will be glad that your eyes are being opened once you begin to comprehend that this is the greatest gift God is giving to any person in this age.
I would suggest that you read all the articles at bible-truths, then start back over again  :)  Because you will gain knowledge reading later articles, that will help you to understand things you don't catch the first time.
We don't mind easy question.  Sometimes if you're just having a hard time with something, it helps to get a lot of different perspectives on it.

Try not to worry, you are heading in the right direction  ;)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

GODSown1

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 09:05:30 PM »

wow! Hi Carol,
                  yep! U will learn soona den l8r dis is da Very place GOD wants u 2 b, Hardowt!, GODBlesS! u az HE is so GOOD, az was sed We went thru da same fingZ, well feelnz & emotions as U r, well I supose I betta speak 4 ma self lol!, Just nO GOD is in CONTROL!, & I will b aw8n n e Questions U hav, so all da knowledgable pple in da Forum can answer sO WE! both can learn moRe! lol!, Im practically a newbie 2 & blieve mE GOD! has bort mE a LONGWAY! since entering Bible Truths & dis Awesum! bunch of pple in da Forum!.
                  much muchLOVE!! Pera

iris

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 11:52:46 AM »

Hi Carol,

Welcome to the forum!!

Iris

skydreamers

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 04:57:29 PM »

Hi Carol, 

I hope this forum can be of some help in filling the hole.  It's true, once we start this journey into the truth, things will never be the same.  And yes, for most of us, we will find only rare people in our own circle that will be of like mind.  So it can be lonely in that sense.  But you will find, in time, that the joy of coming into a more intimate knowledge of our Savior makes all of it worth it.  No matter how alone we feel in the world, He is always with us....

I am with you always, even to the end of the age.
Matthew 28:20

Peace,
Diana

LittleBear

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 01:08:23 AM »

Hi Carol,

Welcome to the forum!
God will fill that big hole and as you learn and grow, as are we all doing, you won't miss the former things. Press on and look ahead.

Ursula

jER

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 01:42:23 AM »

Hello Carol,

I find the only dumb question, usually, is the one not asked!

Many here will be of help...so, "COME ON IN AND WELCOME."

In His Love

- Jer

Shmeggly

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2007, 03:04:44 PM »

Hey Carol!  I too am new to the forum (very new) and was really glad to read your post. 

It is very hard when your church support system is gone; I know I didn't think I would miss it as much as I did.  It was incredibly hard on our family.  I find now that new people and support are coming into the picture....slowly by slowly...

I am feeling the same way you are: all I can say is what God has said to me "Be still and know that I am God..."  I don't know if that makes sense to you, but I was (and still am) so worried about what God wants me to do, and why I'm not accomplishing any apparent goal.  I had a lot of fear....but now I know that it's ok to just be me and where I'm at.   

God loves you incredibly; just think of your love for a child or loved one....you would be patient and understanding with them, and want to do just about anything for them.  You would want them to be fulfilled and happy....God loves you even more than that.  That doesn't mean life will be a bed of roses, but when you know God loves you and is patient with you, it gets a bit easier...

I normally wouldn't write something like this, but I really heard your heart in your post.  And I am struggling with the same thoughts. 

I used to wonder why I wasn't doing something "big" for God....now I firmly believe he has called me to the little things in life...like a kind word to someone who may desperately need it, a friendly smile etc.  I believe (because I'm not really sure, I don't "hear" God like some people do)  that God has told me to love the unlovable....which is very personal to me right now....

I also don't feel very knowlegeable....it was a little intimidating at first because I am not big on knowing a lot of scripture, but then that's what e sword etc. are for....people like me! 

I know this post is from may, but I really wanted to encourage you and let you know you are not alone....take care...James

Some days I feel almost at the end of my rope....stretched! 

DizzyD

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2007, 03:24:48 PM »

Welcome to the forum Carol. You will find a lot of support and love here. As jer said the only dumb question is the one not asked.
                                  Bud

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2007, 08:51:51 AM »

Hello Carol

John 15 : 16 You have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you and I appointed you.....

We do not choose to leave the Church or our soul ties with the fellowship of the Church. So for me too the above words of Jesus are true from experience.  :D  It was His Spirit that revealed to me my error of leaving my First Love and by exposing my willingness and PARTICIPATION with being lead into deception by Mystery Babyon, I was chastised. It hurt! but it did not end there. It was His Spirit that brought me to HIS healing through repentance and His Mercy and Grace that has begun to rebuild me into who HE wants me to be. We are HIS work and we are new creatures!

Be patient. Learning that the Church fellowship is based on error has to hurt because we are sincere and desire the truth above being in a fellowship that is rooted in false teachings. Our God is a God of restoration, healing, truth and Love. 

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

carol70

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 04:51:48 PM »

Wow, I haven't been to this thread in a while and didn't realize people were still responding to it!

Thank you so much for all the welcomes.  Shmeggly, I really appreciate what you wrote.

I don't feel nearly as empty and lost as I did when I first found this site.  I've been reading Ray's articles and visiting the forum daily, which has helped to banish the lonely feelings.  I've been going through some trials at home, so my family doesn't even know I've come out of the church but I think God is preparing me for that battle when it does come.  I appreciate Him giving my seed a chance to fall on good soil.

Thanks again everyone. :)

DuluthGA

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2007, 11:12:17 PM »

Hi Carol!

I too just saw this new greeting from you, and I don't know how I missed it, probably because of my flitting around here hurriedly lately.

Although I've "seen" you around the forum, let me give you an official WELCOME, and I'm happy you are here!   :)

I know what you mean about incurring some related social isolation, but I'm becoming encouraged that God is seeing fit to spead these messages of truth more each day.  And it seems to me that the "Word" is getting around, both moreso online as well as in the area of fellowship groups depending on your area.  For example, thanks to someone I met here on this forum, I will be attending a UR-type meeting July 29th for my first time (that I didn't know existed and is nearby!)  :)

I appreciated and related to much of what you had to say... "liberated, lost and alone."  But mine wasn't a "spiritual support system" that got lost as you had, mine was very secular and worldly friends that I no longer had a great desire to hang around, so it's the same thing either way.  But acknowledging the situation is more than half the battle I think, and maybe we can work on "replenishing our cups" somehow instead of settling with being stuck.  There is hope!   :)

I loved your line "I'm not resisting the truth, I just don't know what to do with it."  HA!! ME TOO!!   ;) ;)  But you will.  It will keep growing on you.  Getting more acquainted with Ray's Inspired insights is the best idea and value.  Possibly more related interests will develop, and you will explore them... could be different areas of God [theology], studying His Word, learning about biblical history, or learn about creationism vs. evolution, or biblical archaeology, or develop your own mini-ministry, whatever you really like and find interesting... you'll be growing and blooming creatively soon... and sharing it with others. 

The main thing is, now brace yourself.... ignorance is not bliss!!  Ho ho!  Although it's FUNNY to say it and appears true at first glance!  But really it's not true!  I think that's a NASTY RUMOR!  Ha!! 

Hope you are already feeling comfortable here!  I am rather new and still getting adjusted.  My schedule is different than most folks and I post mainly late at night.  I'll be glad to help in any way I can.

God bless you and your family,  :)

Janice

« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 11:17:09 PM by DuluthGA »

Shmeggly

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007, 02:24:37 AM »

Hey carol!  :)  Saw the new stuff here and thought I'd also say a fresh hi!  Take care....James
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 17 queries.