bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prays!/Praying!  (Read 3800 times)

GODSown1

Prays!/Praying!
« on: May 31, 2007, 11:52:00 PM »

hi all,
      Just a Question my Wife wanted me 2 ask da Forum! (shez heard all about da very knowledgable & talented pple here in da Forum lol! :D), Well she was just wondering wots ur guyz/gurls take on Praying az a couple??, & Id like 2 no has Ray covered da topic of Pray/Praying, is der n e paperwork or audio or both will b even betta posted n e wher,Thanks lol!, dis Question was bort about wen we were listening 2 Christian Radio station hea in NZ, wen dis woman started Praying, Well really 2 me it didnt really make much sence az @ da beginning of her pray she says "Father I know You r inControl & You know da Beginning frm da end", but den started goin on wot she wanted & hoped 4 etc etc.. which 2 me just didnt cut it, bcoz she just acknowledged GOD bein inControl etc.. Im abit confused, I Pray! :) GOD enlightens mE thru sum1 in da Forum PlezZ! lol! :).
       muchLOVE!! Pera
ps. oh I 4got 2 mention, I also bort up hw dey all Pray in church 4 each other aloud blah blah blah, But den I lead my Wife 2 da scripture where JESUS says how & where 2 Pray (which I cant remember @ dis time where it is :) sorry!) But! I no! sum 1 of ur guyz/gurlz talents, knowledge will no where d@ scripture is, GOD WillnG! lol! :P, Thanks! alL, PeaCe!!!!

Kat

Re: Prays!/Praying!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 12:34:06 AM »

Hi Pera,

This is part of Ray's article on PRAYING BY GOD’S RULES
[God’s Prayer Rules are Simple but Not Easy].

I think this will help you understand more about praying.

http://bible-truths.com/praying.htm ----------------------------

THE SO-CALLED "LORD’S PRAYER":

Christendom refers to Matt. 6:9-13 as "The Lord’s Prayer", when in reality, Jesus never once actually prayed this prayer. It is merely an outline: notice the words "After this manner therefore pray ye…" It means "thus" we should pray—in this way, not to just repeat these few words of the outline.

"Our Father which art in [the] heavens, Hallowed by Thy Name..."

This is personal and reverend. God is our Father: talk to Him as a Father, and give Him all your respect and honor.

"Thy kingdom come…"

We want God’s kingdom to come INSIDE OF US before it comes to the world (Luke 17:21) And we are to seek God’s Kingdom above all our other desires (Matt. 6:33). Next comes the statement by which all prayers must be framed:

"Thy will be done in earth as it is in heaven…"

Here we go again: Thy WILL BE done. There is never an exception to this rule. And notice furthermore, that God’s will is to be done on earth as it "IS done in heaven." Does anyone seriously believe that God’s will sometimes is not done in heaven? Then if His will is to be done in the same way "as" in heaven, on the earth also, how is it possible that maybe sometimes His will is NOT done in earth. Theologians and Christians try to tell me all day long that God’s will is not being done on earth. That God only has a "weak wish" that will never be accomplished when it comes to the really important things like being the "Saviour of all mankind" (I John 4:14 & I Tim. 2:4, and dozens more).

"Give us this day our daily bread [‘give us our bread day by day…]"

Certainly we have need of physical bread daily, but this is speaking of our spiritual bread as well (John 6:51).

"And forgive us our debts [sins] as we forgive our debtors…"

We will be forgiven our sins ONLY if we forgive those who sin against us. We really need to give this some thought. We cannot bless God while cursing our enemy or our fellow man, and expect God to bless us (James 3:9).

"And lead us not into temptation…"

Can this statement be true? Doesn’t the Scripture declare:

"…for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempts He any man" (James 1:13)?

So why should we pray that God will "lead us NOT into temptation?" Good question.

In addition, we have this apparent contradiction regarding our Lord;

"Then was Jesus led up of THE SPIRIT into the wilderness TO BE TEMPTED of the devil" (Matt. 4:1).

Are not these Scriptures contradictory? I’ll admit it takes some careful consideration to untangle this apparent enigma. Here are the facts:

Temptation has always been associated with the work of Satan throughout the Bible. Beginning with mother Eve, then Jesus, Paul, James, Peter, and John, we have ample testimony concerning the beguiling deceitfulness of Satan.

While it is true that "…God cannot be tempted with evil, neither temps He any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed" (James 1:13-14), we must also consider that wherever temptation is, there also is Satan:

"And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise… And the woman said [to God] The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat" (Gen. 3:6 & 13).

"But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ" (II Cor. 11:3).

"Then was Jesus led up of the spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil … All these things will I [Satan] give you [Jesus], if you will fall down and worship me" (Matt. 4:1 & 9).

"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts [desires, temptations] of your father ye will do…" (John 8:44).

"Be sober; be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion walks about, seeking whom he may devour [swallow down]" (I Pet. 5:08).

"And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceives the whole world…" (Rev. 12:9).

Satan, not God is the great tempter, and he has temped and deceived the whole world. But here is where God does come in. After we are tempted of Satan, God is our Redeemer:

"And the servant of the Lord must not strive, but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, in meekness instructing [correcting] those that oppose themselves; if God peradvanture will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; and that they may recover themselves [‘…but deliver us from the wicked one’ Matt. 6:13] out of the snare [Gk: ‘trap, temptation’] of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will" (II Tim. 2:24-26).

"For THINE is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen"

I will now quote Rom. 8:26 and continue through verses 27 and 28 from the Concordant Literal New Testament:

Now similarly, the spirit also is aiding our infirmity, for what we should be praying for, to accord with what must be, we are not aware, but the spirit itself is pleading for us with inarticulate groanings. Now He Who is searching the hearts is aware what is the disposition of the spirit, for in accord with God [with God’s will] is it pleading for the saints. Now we are aware that God [KJV leaves out "God"] is working all together for the good [things don’t "work together for good" by themselves—ALL good comes from God—James 1:17] of those who are loving God…"

Let’s now understand this most profound truth. It isn’t just that, "…we know not what we should pray for as we ought…" No, it is much more profound then just that, it is that "….for we know not what we should pray for, to accord with what MUST BE, we are not aware…" Why does the spirit aid our infirmity? What is our infirmity? Our infirmity is that we don’t know what to pray for that will absolutely always be in accord with what must be God’s will, and God’s will is "what must be." And since none of us has perfect foreknowledge of what God’s will must be, God’s spirit aids those who are obedient to Him, in requesting and praying about, the right things, so our prayers aren’t in vain.

It is the will and plan and preordained purpose of God Almighty, that’s what "MUST BE." "THY WILL BE done" (Matt. 6:10). Yes, God’s will MUST be done—always! One day we will all come to believe and appreciate the fact that God is Sovereign. God is always right. God always does what is best and perfect. And so it is vain to pray for something that is NOT "in accord with what MUST BE".

And only then does verse 28 make sense. Things don’t "just happen" to people who love and obey God (as most translations suggest in this verse). No, we should now be willing to accept the truth, "…that GOD [The King James leaves out the ‘God’ in this verse as if things just work themselves out without God] is working all together for the good…." And how is it that God works? "In Whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of Him Who works ALL THINGS AFTER THE COUNSEL OF HIS OWN WILL" (Eph. 1:11).

And so, if we always pray according to God’s Will, with a clean conscience, obeying the commandments of God, and are aided by the Holy Spirit of God to pray only "in accord with what MUST BE," we will begin seeing answered prayer where we may have been frustrated in the past.
--------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 02:02:45 AM by Kat »

GODSown1

Re: Prays!/Praying!
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 01:44:24 AM »

:D wow! AMAZING!,
                         Thanks heaps Kat, wot Ive red of it so far is OrsuM! :) will hav 2 finish it off 2moro az hav 2 b sumwher in 10mins lol! :D, GODS WilL b dun Yeeyaaah!!! Praise HIS name :) Thanks again Kat BlesSings 2 U.
                          muchLOVE!! Pera
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 21 queries.