bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The "Gospel of Judas"  (Read 4208 times)

Mickyd

The "Gospel of Judas"
« on: April 13, 2006, 12:19:27 AM »

I was browsing through a popular "consevative" forum which also happens to have a Religion section. I came across the topic of the the Gospel of Judas. The article gave a brief outline of what is supposedly contained in the book. Here are just a few of the comments that are being made by the "main stream" Christian world...

As it says, and I am paraphrasing, in the Good Friday liturgy (1962 and before) Judas's reward was given to the good thief, not to him.

Fairly clear evidence that Judas is burning in hell for all eternity. I could be wrong but it seems obvious.

Gnosticism pre-dates Christianity. Other than that the Father appears to be right on the money.

To me, too, it seems obvious that Judas, Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Marquis de Sade and others would be in hell.
However nobody can say this for sure. The Church can officially recognize (canonize) some of the people who are in heaven, but the Church has never "demonized" anybody by name, as being definitely in hell.

This is because only God knows the inward heart of a man. If, like the "Good Thief" Dismas, a "damnable" sinner repented even in the last moments of his life, God would have the means to save him.

And I have often thought, that since a thousand years is like a day to God, and a day like a thousand years, a sinner might be given an hour (in the last few seconds) to review his sins and repent them, and cry out for mercy. I certainly hope so.

The Bible is good enough for me!

2Tim.3:16

[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

The Bible may not specifically state Sola Scriptura but this verse certainly implies it.

Just as it doesn't state the word Trinity. There is enough written in the Bible to know there is a Trinity.

Watch those ITCHING EARS ... .

Falconn003

The "Gospel of Judas"
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 01:29:00 AM »

Just 1 question......Wouldn't a GOOD THIEF be one that is never caught nor label as one ???  :wink:  :D  

tis all for now....... :wink:

Rodger

rvhill

The "Gospel of Judas"
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 03:27:55 AM »

Quote from: Falconn003
Just 1 question......Wouldn't a GOOD THIEF be one that is never caught nor label as one ???  :wink:  :D  

tis all for now....... :wink:

Rodger

I was having the same thought.

Mickyd

The "Gospel of Judas"
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 07:24:04 AM »

I think the amazing post here that I quoted is by the person who quoted 2 Tomothy 3:16.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

By this standard, the satanic bible or nacronomicron would fit into the same catagory.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 18 queries.