bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Philippians 3:19?  (Read 5999 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Philippians 3:19?
« on: June 01, 2007, 06:58:29 PM »

Dear brother smith,
>
> I am from Singapore and i have a question on Philippians 3:19
>
> "For, as I have often told you before and now tell you again even with tears,
> many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. THEIR DESTINY IS DESTRUCTION, their
> god is
> their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly
> things. But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from
> there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring
> everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will
> be like his glorious body." (TNIV)
>
> Other translations say the same thing http://bible.cc/philippians/3-19.htm
>
> The Concordant Version that you used say it this way, "whose CONSUMMATION is < BR>> destruction" which seems to say the same thing.
>
> Paul is here saying that thei r final destination is destruction, not salvation.
> There is the distinction between enemies of Christ and those who believe, the
> former whose end is destruction (hell?) and the latter is heaven. In another
> translation (The Plain English Bible) it simply says that their end is hell.
> Whether this means literal lake of fire can be set aside at this time, but it
> seems rather self-evident not to teach any form of universalism at all.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Appreciate your feedbacks!
>
> love,
> David

Dear David:

It is wrong to assume that death ends all possibility of being saved for the wicked. That is unscriptural heresy.  Judgment will bring about the largest salvation of humanity in the history of the world. In Isaiah 57:1 we learn that, "THE RIGHTEOUS PERISH...."  So is that the final destination of  "the RIGHTEOUS?  I think not.

The broad way leads to DESTRUCTION. The word "destruction" is is derived from the Greek word "apollumi" which means to DESTROY, LOSE, PERISH.  And Jesus plainly (I say plainly to all those who have an ear to hear) told us that His purpose in coming for His Father (I John 4:14) is stated: "For the Son of Man is come to SAVE THAT WHICH IS LOST [Gk: 'appolumi']  (Matt. 18:11). There it is. Jesus came to save all those who are 'appolumi,' which is most of humanity. Of course most Christians believe that He either LIED, or that He is INCAPABLE, or worse, DOESN'T WANT to save those who are 'appolumi'--LOST.

Ya know, we could put those two Scritures closer together and then it would make perfect sense, but OH how Christian zealots hate to put Scriptures together. They call it "taking Scripture out of CONTEXT).  But as I really don't care what unscriptural Christians think, here goes:

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leads to DESTRUCTION [but]...the Son of Man is come TO SAVE that which is LOST [by foolishly going in at the broad gate and are now, appolumi" (Matt. 7:13 & 18:11). There are literally hundreds more Scriptures which prove this teaching of the salvation of all.

I have written hundreds of pages on this theme with thousands of Scriptures in my "Lake of Fire" Series.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.