bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have to have a break!!  (Read 4143 times)

Nancy

I have to have a break!!
« on: June 02, 2007, 04:36:59 PM »

Hi there everyone,

I am just letting everyone know that i won't be posting as i need to take a break!
The reason is that i feel just as trapped legally as i did when i went to church.
I don't know if any of you know that i suffer from ocd/scrupulosity and that it makes me feel guilty all the time.
I feel guilty for loving my husband in case i am turning him into an idol of the heart!
I feel guilt for buying anything in case i am materialistic.
Guilty for loving my dog.
Guilty if i enjoy something.
Guilty for not following Gods' will (whatever that is).
Guilt, guilt, guilt.
I feel that i am stifling my true character in case i offend God.
I used to be afraid of hell, now i am afraid that i won't have eonian life!!!! i can't win.
So i am going to have a rest from it all and see where God leads me.
God bless and i hope that you all get on and keep well.
Nancy

Redbird

Re: I have to have a break!!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 11:52:45 AM »

Dear Nancy,

That made me smile, because who can't relate to "the guilt trip". :)  I hope you find peace and joy in your journey.....I like to take time alone with God also, to reconnect ~ one on one!  We have a personal relationship with our Creator through Jesus Christ that we must not neglect. ;)

Blessings to you,
Lisa

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 12:06:02 PM »

Hey Nancy

You have been a shinning star here in the Forum!

I was in confession when I was still a practising Catholic. I was in tears because a Catholic friend had said to me that the Holy Spirit was not in me. It was devestating to me and it landed me on my knees in tears for the "bad" thoughts that this opened up in me towards this so called friend.

In the middle of my Confession the Priest whispered almost under his breath as if talking to himself he said "Guilt is the sin"

Peace be to you as you be still

Arcturus :)

gmik

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 12:27:14 PM »

We will miss you, but totally understand. God Bless!

iris

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 07:06:56 PM »

Hi Arcturus,

You said,
In the middle of my Confession the Priest whispered almost under his breath as if talking to himself he said "Guilt is the sin"

I have felt guilty over different things myself, but I have never thought of
"feeling guilty" as a sin. Would you explain what you mean a little more?

Iris

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 07:36:54 PM »

Hello Iris

At first I did not have a clue what the Priest knew or could have meant. I did not ask him either. The comment struck a cord in me that resonated something important was disclosed and I had to know what it meant.

I have since come to the thought that if we beat up ourselves or if we seek to be perfect then we will always wrestle with guilt because it is impossible to beat ourselves enough to make ourselves pure and it is impossible to do enough good deeds to get Gods approval.

To shake off guilt we need to put on the mind of Christ and know that He is our Advocate and only He has the influence with God the Father. Our guilt has got nothing to do with how good we are or how pure or perfect we think we can get to be. It is HIS image and likeness that is guilt free not ours. Christ Jesus is the spotless Lamb and sin offering. Trusting in His faith and His purity and His guilelessness is the door to our freedom and faith and joy and peace.

Hope that helps as I am sure that the subject of guilt is a subject that is taught and trained into the Catholic dogma from which I have been set free. When the accuser of the brethren comes only HE can say the charges are to be dropped because He has paid and I believe He does that because I am walking with HIM. I am not guiltless but He is my Freedom and He keeps me walking and it is HE, Christ Jesus who lifts our heads.

Peace to you

« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 07:38:53 PM by Arcturus »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 03:03:13 AM »

Just to add Iris

The more dependence on self the bigger the load of guilt. The more dependence on Christ and His Faithfulness the lighter the yoke. I think that explains the sin hopefully :D

Christ does say come to me all you who are heavy burdened and take up MY yoke. Not doing so is disobedience and brings on guilt and that is perhaps what the Priest saw as being the sin leading to self reliance and ending in death. For the wages of sin is death.

Hope that makes it clearer! :D

Peace be to you

iris

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 11:19:04 AM »

Arcturus, you answered the question I had completely.  :)
Thank you so much.  :)

Love and peace
Iris

skydreamers

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 01:20:46 PM »

Hi Nancy,

I pray that you will find your peace.  Hope you'll be back soon ;)

Peace and God Bless,
Diana
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 17 queries.