bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Age  (Read 4261 times)

seminole

New Age
« on: June 02, 2007, 05:36:17 PM »

What is the thoughts on new age things. I know it's big these days but I don't know how it stacks up to God's Word. Any thoughts?

jER

Re: New Age
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 07:13:10 PM »

New Age = Old (false) age things + a New Wrapper, for the most part.
Anything specific?

- Jer

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 08:56:15 AM »

Good one Jer! ;D 8)

Seminole I searched through New Age for over thirty years to find the Truth! HE...THE Truth was not there...just a lot of smoke screens mirrors and deceptions and endless corridors of questions LEADING INTO DEEPER DARKNESS....no satisfaction, no rest and no peace. Just filth, dirt and a stack of nonsense! I got qualified in that garbage then got dragged out!  :D ;D

So, back to your question. New Age does not stack up at all next to Gods Word. Here is how God's Word stacks up AGAINST New Age. Gods Word does say of those involved with such practises...1 Sam 15 : 23 For REBELLION, the sin of divination, witchcraft, and STUBBORNNESS, idolatry and teraphim, household good luck images. Because you have REJECTED THE WORD OF THE LORD He has rejected you from being king.

This is what happened to Saul and the Prophet Samuel was admonishing Saul. We too are called to be conformed into kings and priests unto God. Rev 1 : 6 And formed us into a kingdom, a royal race, priests to His God and Father - to Him be the glory and the power and the majesty and the dominion throughout the ages. Amen so be it.

Woe to those of whom our Lord will address and rebuke like Saul because Saul rejected the Word of God.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

mari_et_pere

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 01:57:23 PM »

Jer, Arcturus, good  job!

"New" age crap dates back so far you'll never find the beginning! Don't be fooled man. I was into some of the "new agey things" as people say now a days, and it's empty. New Agers find a false sense of security and belonging, yet they're dead ended without realizing it. Actually if you study the scriptures you'll find a lot of our "new agey" stuff specifically spoken of. I'd be careful around that crap. It makes you feel good (so do drugs) but it gets you nowhere just the same.

I'll stick with Christ,

Matt

seminole

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 03:35:53 PM »

Yeah, It didn't seem to fit with the Word to me no matter how people try to "pretty it up".
Nole
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 17 queries.