bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Gang Activity  (Read 7960 times)

seminole

Gang Activity
« on: June 02, 2007, 05:40:44 PM »

We got a big problem where I live. The gangs are warring because a young black man was killed Monday. Since then a 91year old white lady was beat to death. The Hispanics, blacks and whites are all warring. Yesterday a young Hispanic lady was raped and last night a white girl was raped, beat and another one was shot. It's crazy. I don't know if we are gonna come out of this all right. I am afraid not. We are under curfews now.
Nole

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Gang Activity
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 11:36:58 AM »

What part of the world are you in Seminole? I could not see from your profile.

gmik

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 12:32:11 PM »

Good Lord, Nole!!!

I will be praying for you to keep safe. That is so sad. I will keep those poor people in my prayers.

I can understand some of your past posts now.  It is hard to see the Love of God in the midst of all that. But it is there.

iris

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 06:52:26 PM »

Hi Nole,

Its very sad to hear of these things happening.
I'll keep you in my prayers.

Iris

seminole

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 11:04:26 PM »

Thanks to all for thinking of us at this time. It has gotten worse. Another older lady was shot at the Wal-Mart yesterday. Every body is watching their backs and keeping close tabs on loved ones. The young, black man who was killed Monday was a great young man. A great athelete and a great person. His Dad is a very kind hearted minister. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. There was also a little kid raped as well. I think she is still alive but don't know for sure.
Nole

skydreamers

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 01:37:08 PM »

Man, this world really can be a scary place!  Nole, I pray that you and your loved ones remain safe, and prayers go out to those suffering in your community right now.  Keep your eyes on Jesus....

Peace,
Diana

seminole

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 03:27:21 PM »

Diana, that's the only hope we have now. It is gonna take a miracle of God to end this. The last I heard some other groups that are bad news have threatened coming here to "clean house" as they put it. It won't make it better but way worse.
Nole

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 04:02:10 PM »

WAL-MART....Isn't that the USA?  :o What the world is coming to is the end of it as we know it and the beginning of the reign of Christ. As Diana says, now is the time to "keep your eyes on Jesus." Yet it is not always possible to do that when things are in your face on your mind and upsetting your heart. It can be a real rough ride as the Disciples experienced when they were out to sea in the storm and Jesus was sleeping! :o

There are equally horrific things taking place in my part of the world. You perhaps just would not believe some of the things  if I told you......Please don't ask me to either! :D I've been asked once before and I do not choose to go there if you know what I mean.... ;)

Peace be to you and all those in the storm of faith.

Arcturus :)

mari_et_pere

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 04:27:20 PM »

Arcturus LOL! Walmart is USA yes. LOL sorry not making fun.....just amused.  :D
But to the subject at hand, it is terrible! I've lived in Ohio my whole life. So far anyway.  ;D I grew up close to Toledo, on the north side. Crime is terrible there, and eventually it filtered down the interstate to the city I lived in.
When I got married I moved to where my wife grew up, close to Cincinnati, which is on the south side of the state. Crime is terrible there also! The story Seminole told doesn't suprise or shock me in the least bit. That's sad isn't it? But it's true. These things happen everyday, everynight, around the clock everyday!
Children getting caught in the middle make me the saddest about it. It's not their fault yet they suffer more than the "adults" involved! It sickens me.
This world is truely lost.  :o :'( I'm sure each one of us have stories that we don't feel comfortable sharing. I know I do.  :-X :(

Matt

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 04:59:19 PM »

I lived in Cincinnati for about three months when it was apparently the city with the lowest crime rate in the USA. I loved walking through the Procter and Gamble garden square adjacent to where I worked!

I used to go to the Catholic Church there! That was then. This is now!

Peace be to you

mari_et_pere

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 03:02:13 AM »

I can't imagine it being the lowest crime rate. Amazing. Arcturus I had no idea you'd ever lived in the states. Right around the corner even! Small world......

Matt

seminole

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 11:29:49 AM »

Yeah, we are in U.S. We used to have a low crime rate but it has changed completely. That little 3 year old girl I told you about is still alive. Poor kid will probably never be able to bear kids and remove this horror from her heart. I'm still stupid enough to try not to show fear. I'll pay for it one day I guess. My neighbor has to walk for a heart problem she has. Me and her husband went  with her. We were both carrying protection, if there is such a thing. A car came right at us so we  both turned and faced it head on. Because we are both dark I guess the occupants thought we were cool and turned the car away from us at about 10 feet. Guy's wife was scared to death. Everybody is scared right now. Last thing I heard the Klan is coming in. You know that is going to help! We are going to have more trouble than we do right now.
Nole

mari_et_pere

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007, 12:26:25 PM »

Nole, you never did tell us where you are.

Matt

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 03:44:03 PM »

It is true what you say Matt. We may have even passed one another on the streets! God has a sense of humor and joy and I would not be surprised if He might show us such things one day! He knows our rising up and sitting down and our thoughts before we think them! ;D 8)

Peace to you

jER

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 03:16:11 AM »

Martial Arts: Hapkido, Ju Justsu, Tae Kwon Do, Kung Fu, or Jeet Kune Do.
The national average cost is less than a bill (100.00) a month. You can take eight hours of class, per week.
Count the cost!

However, "Christ first, at all times"...for I do not advocate, violence...but, have been an intercessor for others.

- jER

seminole

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 02:37:39 PM »

We are close enough to the border so we have a lot of illegals that Homeland Security is supposed to be fixing. It's not working too good. We also got a lot of drug smuggling over the border. Meth is a big thing too. People are cooking on the engine manifolds of their cars while they are driving! Crazy!!!!
All the martial arts are good but they don't help against a bullet. Most people are carrying pieces around with them right now. People I know have 12 gauges right by their front doors now. I don't know what the answer is but this is some kind of bad. We did make it through the last 24 hrs. without violence. Maybe that is a good sign.
Nole

mari_et_pere

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 03:43:39 PM »

Well I surely hope the violence dies down! The meth problem is pretty persavive in the U.S. nowadays. There's nowhere to go to get away from it.

Matt

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 04:44:05 PM »

The Disciples had the same problem. They were in the boat and the storm was hectic. When they awoke Jesus and they were all wrought up and terrified Jesus rebuked them. "Where is your faith?" He asked. They should have known better.  We should know better too but many of us are just like those terrified men in the boat. One horror story and we are hooked, line and sinker! We should by now recogise this temptation and shake it off.

So what should the Disciples of Christ have known? Here is what they should have known. Even if they had not walked with Jesus and seen first hand His miracles. Here is what they should have KNOWN. After all it was in their own Scriptures. Here it is.... :D

Job 14 : 5...a mans days are ALREADY DETERMINED, and the number of his months is wholly in Your (CHRISTS ) CONTROL, and he (man) CANNOT PASS THE BOUNDS OF HIS ALLOTED TIME -

Jesus says Rev 1 : 18  I posses the keys of death...not a bullet, not a sickness, not a road accident. NOTHING CAN TAKE THE KEYS OF DEATH FROM THE HANDS OF GOD!

One of the hallmarks of false teaching is it sways concentration and attention into a direction...being destitute of truth but rich in fallacies and DOCTRINES OF EMOTIONS. 1 Tim 6
and into the direction of fear and loosing sight of Christ. It is the world that should be growing dim as our eyes open to Christ not the other way around!

Be warned Matt 13 : 22  As for what was sown among thorns, this is he who hears the Word, but cares of the world...(CARES OF THE WORLD)....CHOKE AND SUFFOCATE THE WORD AND IT YIELDS NO FRUIT.

Peace be to you

« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 04:45:11 PM by Arcturus »

seminole

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 05:07:26 PM »

sorry, I don't really understand the point you are trying to make????
Nole

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2007, 05:29:22 PM »

Some point to Christ. Others to the world.

Simple! :D

Peace to you.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 17 queries.