bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Translations?  (Read 4870 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Translations?
« on: June 02, 2007, 09:53:21 PM »

I understand you may not have the time to respond, but I figured I'd try my luck...

Right now, myself, my Dad, and most of my family use and read the New International Version (NIV) of the Bible.  I've compared the scriptures to those that you've translated from Greek Bibles- some match, others don't... so I'm wary of the translations and meanings printed.  I live on my own (21 years old) in the military so I don't live near my Dad or his family, but we've both been searching for the real truth.  I shared your website with him and it's got his mind working too- questioning the things we've been taught for so long.  Can you suggest or tell us what Bible you've used, or where we can find actual Greek printed Bibles that we can translate ourselves?

Dear Reader: One would probably have to study Greek and Hebrew most of one's life before he would be qualified to "translate" Greek or Hebrew into any language. You can buy a Bible printed in Greek or almost any language on earth, on the Internet, but how would that help you?

I use a King James Bible because it is the most familiar bible on earth. And, it is a very good translation except for a few GROSS errors such as translating "aionios" into "eternal" or "everlasting," and few hundred other minor errors.

If you want to know what a Hebrew or Greek word was that the translators translated into English, you can buy a Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible. It will give you the Greek or Hebrew word or words, and their meaning in English. However, these work is not totally free from errors either, but it would take me hours to explain how you can learn the truth of these words even if the dictionaries are not completely accurate.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.