bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New stranger in town  (Read 8260 times)

Robin

Re: New stranger in town
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2007, 01:23:01 AM »

Welcome Bud, Brian, and Shmeggly!

hebrewroots98

Re: New stranger in town
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2007, 02:50:32 AM »

Hello and welcome Brian, Bud and Shmeggly!  I'm sorry for not having read some of your intro's yet...

Brian, I appreciated your openness and honesty in your posts. Your background sounds similar to mine as far as how you came to BT and to the forum!  and yes, what would we do without the internet?  To me it is like the old encyclopedias that I used to read as a kid, only now it is at our fingertips and live; I would never have imagined that I would have found such freedom from any website, but I was wrong!  I thank God for Ray, he is an amazing man and brother indeed and I'm glad that he shared all of these hidden trasures with us! 

You hit a nerve and I liked what you said about going down into baptism as a sinner and then coming up out of the water as the same; only a wet sinner... (As a babe in Christ, we were misled to think that this is the end of sinning, right?;)  I know SO MANY Christians who put SO MUCH emphasis on WATER BAPTISM that I could not even talk the truth to them about matters concerning the heart becoming new.  They think that the physical water will change their heart!  And I must confess this used to be a stronghold for myself not long ago, but, thankfully HE has released me from that way of thinking and bondage. (I have been ignored and shunned and dropped so many times by people (family, homeschoolers, and 'brethren') who have shared with me of how proud they were for a family member who got baptised, sprinkled or barmitvah'd; and when they saw that I was not so impressed as they were and when I tried to explain to them the truth, they literally had nothing more to do with me!  The friendship was over!  (oh well...forgive the tangent...)

talk with you all later!!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.