bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: For it is Grace that.......  (Read 8039 times)

rk12201960

For it is Grace that.......
« on: June 05, 2007, 07:00:07 PM »

Who had a chance to listen to the bible study?
If you haven't its really great!

If I understood correctly Grace is the working of Gods spirit on our hearts.

Any thoughts?
Randy
  ;D 8) ;D

gmik

Re: For it is Grace that.......
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 11:50:43 PM »

I am trying to download it instead of sitting at the computer listening.  Can't wait to hear it and get back to you.  Grace is a great topic as Ray teaches it 8)

Kat

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 11:53:06 PM »

Notes from June 3rd Bible study.

SAVED BY GRACE THRU FAITH
[By Divine influence upon the HEARTS]

If something is true, the more one studies and research, the more things will come to light to prove it true.

Making man in the image of God:  You will note that God uses "And it was so..." many times in Gen.  BUT when God made man, there is NO "and it was so."

Now when God called Israel to obey Him and be a special blessed people, there was a major problem.  They did not fear or obey God.  Why?

Oh, that they had such a HEART in them that they would fear Me and always keep all My commandments, that it might be well with them and with their children forever! (Deu 5:29)

Our biggest problem is our HEART:  "The HEART is deceitful above all things, And it is exceeding weak [desoerately wicked, incurable]--who can know it?" (Jere. 17:9, Jewish Publication Society).

How weak and wicked is it: And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his HEART was only evil continually" (Gen. 6:5 and again when Christ returns, Matt. 24:37).

Israel's sin was "UNBELIEF" (Rom. 11;20)
Gentiles sin is also "UNBELIEF" (Rom. 11: 32)

Well WHICH IS IT?  "EVIL HEART?" or "UNBELIEF?"  BOTH:

"Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of UNBELIEF, in departing from the living God" (Heb. 3: 10-12).

Why do thousands and thousands of detractors fight me regarding "free will," "the trinity," "tithing," "salvation of all" etc?  They have an "EVIL HEART OF UNBELIEF."  Their evil heart DESPISES the Word of God.  They want to believe EVIL and believe the WORST!

Then He will write His law in that NEW HEART:

"A new HEART also will I give you, and a new SPIRIT will I put within you:  and I will take away the stoney heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh" (Eze. 36:26)

"[God] Who has saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His Own purpose AND GRACE, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began" (11Tim. 2: 9)

What is "grace?".............................................................................
GRACE IS:  'charis'-- "gracious; liberal; benefit; favor, gift; joy; pleasure; thanks; divine influence upon the HEART!"

Did Jesus ever need "grace?" For what purpose?  Did Jesus ever need to be "pardoned" for anything requiring grace?  Then what kind of GRACE did Jesus possess?

"And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the GRACE ['divine influence upon His HEART] of God was upon Him" (Luke 2: 40)

" And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) fullof GRACE ['divine influence upon His HEART] and truth" (John 1:14)

"But by the grace of God I am what I am: and His grace [divine influence was upon His heart']which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all: yet not I [labored], but the grace of God [LABORED' by 'divine influence upon the heart] which was with me" (1 Cor. 15:10)

Also 'WHEN GRACE IS A VERB'  is in the Lake of Fire Series, no 3.

http://bible-truths.com/lake3.html
---------------------------------------------

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

jER

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 01:34:36 AM »

THE LORD'S BALL GAME

A newbie and the Lord stood by to observe a baseball game. The Lord's team verses Satan's team.
The Lord's team was up to bat, the score was even, zero to zero, and it was the bottom of the 9th
- with two outs.

They continued to watch the game, as a batter walked up to the plate by the name of "Love."
Love swung at the first pitch and hit a single, because…"Love never fails."

The next player up to bat was "Faith" who also hit a single because "Faith works with Love."

The next player to bat was "Wisdom."

Satan wound up and threw a fast pitch.

Wisdom looked it over and let it pass - Ball one…two…three…four. Wisdom walked
because "he never swings at what Satan throws."

All the bases were now loaded.

Then, the Lord turned to the newbie and told him He was now going to bring in His
best player. And, up to the plate walked "Grace."
Newbie said, "He sure doesn't look like much…"

When Satan's whole team saw "Grace", they relaxed, thinking we win!
Now, Satan wound up and fired his first pitch. And, to the awe of everyone, Grace hit the ball
- harder than anyone had ever seen.

But Satan was not worried; his center field player, never let any get by him.
He jumped up for the ball, but it went right through the web of
his glove, and struck him on the head - sending him crashing to the ground.

The crowds went wild, and started doing the wave, as the ball continued
straight up and over the fence.

The Lord's team won with a grand slam!

Then, the Lord asked newbie if he knew why Love, Faith and Wisdom could get on base,
but they could not get the winning run – for the team.

Newbie answered, "No-I do not know why?"

The Lord calmly said, "If - your love, faith and wisdom
had won the game, you could boast that you had done it by
yourself, as Love, Faith and Wisdom will get you on base
but, only My Grace can get you Home."

"For by Grace are you saved, it is a gift of God; not
of works, lest any man should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9)

His Grace is Undefeatable!

- jER
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 01:43:26 AM by jER »

YellowStone

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 09:04:16 AM »

jER, :)

That was a great way to begin the day! :D

Thank you do much for sharing.

A warm thanks to you Kat for including those notes. :)

Love to all,
Darren

mari_et_pere

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 11:34:26 AM »

Woah Jer that was great! What an awesome analogical story you have there! Very cool.....

Matt

DizzyD

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 11:54:43 AM »

I love food dor thought  ;D

gmik

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 04:36:26 PM »

Jer great analogy!! 

Kat thanks.  I couldn't get it on the CD.

seminole

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 05:16:58 PM »

That part about why detractors fight against me on tithing,etc. was kind of eerie to me. Detractors....who is that? Is it people who disagree with Ray? Is it the unsaved? I don't know.
Maybe I read that too close after watching a thing on t.v. about Jonestown. Did anybody see that? That guy thought he was right. I wonder if he ever questioned himself on things he said and thought or did he just think he had the direct line to God and everybody else was wrong. If anybody ever says they have the answer and you can't question it I would say that was a warning flag. This man who escaped left his little kid there and the kid died! Not saying Ray is like that man. I sort of mixed up that  I guess.

gmik

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 01:42:14 AM »

Nole, I am old enough to actually remember it when it happened.  That was so scary to me then, that people would be so gullible and willing to follow him and do anything that he said.  He was very charismatic for sure.

It reminded me of the one sheep that jumped off the cliff and all the other sheep just jumped right off after him.  Not looking or thinking, just following!

That is why we look up scripture, and study, and think for ourselves.  Ray is not a guru or anything. People who don't agree w/ Ray do not have to read his papers or join this forum.  We all just happen to agree w/ Ray so we continue to read and fellowship here.  We all study to show ourselves appoved.  And when God shows you a truth thru someone, lets say Ray, you can't help but be happy and like him.  Same as you would be for anyone tht helps you understand anything.

I am getting too blabby.  Sorry.   G'nite.

mari_et_pere

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 11:29:47 AM »

Nole I hear what your saying! I struggled with that when I first came here. But what Gena said is right.

If Ray told me to drink the poisoned kool-aid so we could meet our maker sooner trust me, I'd turn it down.  :D

God willing he won't do this, but assume Ray has something in his life that totally changes his point of view and is led astray himself (I've seen GREAT men of God go crazy) then I'll have no qualms in leaving here. But for now, it's the best place I've ever found for learning the truth of the Scriptures!

Matt

p.s. None of what I said is because I think he'd poison me. Just thought I'd clear that up!  ;D ;D ::) :D

seminole

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 01:19:58 PM »

Got you Matt! That guy with Jonestown was some kind of piece of work. I don't remember when that happened but it had to be scary for the world to see the end results. Did that guy king of style himself after Elvis or was that just the common look of the day? what made him turn so crazy? The documentary just blew me away!
Nole

mari_et_pere

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2007, 01:43:53 PM »

LOL styled like Elvis.  ;D ;D :D :D ;D He was kind of wasn't he??????? LOL!! I don't know if you've noticed any, but I still see dudes like him here and there. The hair, the shades, they look like an Elvis type character (Elvish?) Now I'm only 32 so I was a little guy back then, 4 yrs. old, but believe it or not I can remember the news talking about it. Of course my little mind didn't wrap around it at all, but I remember my parents being shocked that something like that could happen.

But seriously, why he turned crazy is beyond anyone's imagination. The People's Temple had been in San Fransisco. Jones was known as a healer and community leader, helping out various organizations. (basically being a good guy) After Jones moved his congregation to Guayana, reports emerged about abuse and human rights violations. I'd say he went crazy before the move, making the move and later actions pre-meditated. Once they moved to Guayana he "claimed" divinity by saying he was a reincarnation of Jesus, Bhudda, Lenin, etc. We all know what happened next.

Matt

gmik

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2007, 02:55:05 PM »

Pride ALWAYS goes before a fall.

Not being grounded in something, needing love and validation, make people do strange things.  The dravidians were very strange-even tho Janet Reno took 'em out for no good reason, but he was teaching heresy.  Those folks waiting for aliens all committed suicide.

Now who in their right mind, and w/ a knowledge of scripture and a "relationship" w/ Jesus would be bluffed into thinking that yes it is OK for your leader to have sex w/ any woman or child that he wanted???Alll the time????  Wouldn't ya think something was wrong???  How 'bout lets all drink poison??? Huh?  Everyone is against us, lets go hide out in guyana, or waco or wherever.....

I agree Matt, if ever Ray says, "I have a new revelation, I am Jesus returned and you all must sell all you have to give to me," then, duh, outta here.

I believe Ray is teaching the truth. He is not up in my face or private life telling me what to do.  Goodness, he doesn't even ask for money!!!! He doesn't appear to live off others labor or live high on the hog, and I don't think he wants to be famous. So, no we don't put Ray on a pedastal.  But lets respect the man that God is using right now to help us all get out of Babylon. And be greatful, and pray for him! <now, she gets off her soapbox pedastal>  sorry :D

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2007, 03:29:51 PM »

Hi Randy

By grace (Divinity working its influence on our hearts...our stony evil hearts...to do the work of conforming them into the image of Christ) we are saved by faith.

Is faith enough to save us. No. Faith also translates to belief. Is belief enough to save us? No.

James 2 : 17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Faith without GRACE is alone! This was another major discovery for me!

BY GRACE, least anyone boast...GRACE that is GOD'S DIVINITY working and influencing our hearts to be like His we are saved through  HIS work in us and HIS Faith tried tested and proven. THAT Faith is also not of our own but also a gift and not our Faith but the Faith of Christ.

kIND OF PUTS US IN OUR PLACE ;D :D 8)

Thanks for the thread and encouragement to listen to the Bible Study by Ray that expounded these insights. :) 8)

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

YellowStone

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 03:35:45 PM »

!!!!!  That was wonderfully said Arcturus !!!!!   :D

By his Grace alone will we be saved. :)

Tts 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

Tts 2:12  Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

Love to you,
Darren

rk12201960

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 06:26:42 PM »

Hi Arcturus,
It is the teachable heart God looks for as He knows on our own understanding we don't even come close.

Peace and wisdom to you and all.

Randy

;D 8) ;D

GODSown1

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2007, 11:22:05 PM »

yeyaah!! GO!! Gena GO Matt,
                                      Praise The LORD! 4 Ray & his revelln of da Truths!, wot uZ say is sO True! who listens & does things jus bcoz (he) sum goodie, know it all dude says 2??,wakeuP!! lol! check it out!, Study it, Meditate on it, Pray! on it. GezZ!! sum pple r jus so krazy!! lol!, FATHER! i am jus so Thankful I nO YOU! r in CONTROL!! n JESUS Glorious! name Amen & Amen.
                                      muchLOVE!! Pera
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 11:27:28 PM by GODSown1 »

gmik

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2007, 02:15:25 AM »

Pera, you see it and say it so simply!! (and w/ passion!) Thanks.

GODSown1

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2007, 02:23:43 AM »

LOL!!,
       its da Only way I no how Gena :D GODBLESS! U
       muchLOVE!! Pera
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 20 queries.