bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why Did God do it This Way  (Read 7871 times)

deejcop

Why Did God do it This Way
« on: April 13, 2006, 04:46:10 AM »

Have any of you read the letter on Mike's page with that title? I have to be honest with y'all and confess that sometimes...especially recently, I have thought along the same lines. Sometimes I just don't understand this God that we serve. Recently I found out that my Dad is developing Alzheimers disease. This was devastating to me. And a prayer that I've had since I was in my late twenties...that I've labored, begged, pleaded God to answer looks like it will never be. My Dad longed for grandchildren ever since I became an adult. I've prayed for a wife constantly. God is painfully silent. Makes me wonder about the scriptures "he'll give you the desires of your heart," and, "If you ask anything in my name, I'll DO it." I've told many people that if my parents die without ever seeing their grandchildren, then they'll be nothing left for me to live for. I'm feeling that more and more now, as my Dad just is not the same joyful man he once was, and he's forgetting very basic things that he's known for years.

My heart is so heavy, y'all. I truly feel what Al is saying. God can seem so cruel. I've always said that the loudest sound in all the universe is God's silence. Sometimes I can honestly say that I feel hatred towards him. I know better, but sometimes I just can't help it.
Y'all are wonderful people. I needed this outlet. I just needed to vent. I know life aint fair. I know God really aint fair. When you look at it, was it fair for him to put a innocent man to death...to bear the sins of people who are guilty? My former pastor used to say, "God aint fair, he's just."

If y'all ever think about it, won't you please say a prayer for me, and for Pops. I can see some tough times ahead. I just hope I'm ready for them.

Bless y'all.

ertsky

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 05:01:20 AM »

i hear ya DJ, and i read the letter over at Mikes

you know two things spring to mind

first is labour pains

when a woman is in travail if you say to her, "honey isn't this great!" she will probably punch you or bite you

but when the child is born it's like a different story, it's all "isn't she lovely" "mummies little precious"

second is surgery

when a man is having a leg amputated without pain killers if you say to him "this is for your own good" well you'd better duck

but when that same man years later is bouncing that favourite baby grandson on his knee (the other one LOL!) and you remind him of the surgery he might even smile.

i know nothing i say can placate the pain that existence sometimes brings,  in this life, i have felt what it is to hate the gift of life, like many others, i have despaired even of life at times.

but it isn't over yet...

Rom 8:20  For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

one day this following verse is going to be true

Rev 5:13  And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
Rev 5:14  And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

i guess what i'm trying to say is that God is not going to dig a hole so deep that He can't get Himself and all of us out of.

but right now to some it justifiably appears to be a very deep hole indeed.

just my two mites

f

rvhill

Re: Why Did God do it This Way
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 05:31:22 AM »

Quote from: deejcop
Have any of you read the letter on Mike's page with that title? I have to be honest with y'all and confess that sometimes...especially recently, I have thought along the same lines. Sometimes I just don't understand this God that we serve. Recently I found out that my Dad is developing
. This was devastating to me. And a prayer that I've had since I was in my late twenties...that I've labored, begged, pleaded God to answer looks like it will never be. My Dad longed for grandchildren ever since I became an adult. I've prayed for a wife constantly. God is painfully silent. Makes me wonder about the scriptures "he'll give you the desires of your heart," and, "If you ask anything in my name, I'll DO it." I've told many people that if my parents die without ever seeing their grandchildren, then they'll be nothing left for me to live for. I'm feeling that more and more now, as my Dad just is not the same joyful man he once was, and he's forgetting very basic things that he's known for years.

My heart is so heavy, y'all. I truly feel what Al is saying. God can seem so cruel. I've always said that the loudest sound in all the universe is God's silence. Sometimes I can honestly say that I feel hatred towards him. I know better, but sometimes I just can't help it.
Y'all are wonderful people. I needed this outlet. I just needed to vent. I know life aint fair. I know God really aint fair. When you look at it, was it fair for him to put a innocent man to death...to bear the sins of people who are guilty? My former pastor used to say, "God aint fair, he's just."

If y'all ever think about it, won't you please say a prayer for me, and for Pops. I can see some tough times ahead. I just hope I'm ready for them.

Bless y'all.

God is not only fair, he love us.

John 3:16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, [ Or his only begotten Son] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 16:27No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.

Your father dieing from Alzheimer's disease is a very hard lesson, but life some time has hard lessons. Know this no one win at life. The purpose of this life is to lose.

You may know and believe these things, but you do not have faith in these things.

1 Timothy 1:15 (Whole Chapter)
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.

2 Timothy 1:9 (Whole Chapter)
who has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,

you will marry when God wishes you to marry, not when you wish it.

Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Matthew 26:39 (Whole Chapter)
Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will

Mark 14:36 (Whole Chapter)
"Abba, [ Aramaic for Father] Father," he said, "everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will

PS
Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. "

nightmare sasuke

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 05:32:54 AM »

Quote from: deejcop
Have any of you read the letter on Mike's page with that title? I have to be honest with y'all and confess that sometimes...especially recently, I have thought along the same lines. Sometimes I just don't understand this God that we serve. Recently I found out that my Dad is developing Alzheimers disease. This was devastating to me. And a prayer that I've had since I was in my late twenties...that I've labored, begged, pleaded God to answer looks like it will never be. My Dad longed for grandchildren ever since I became an adult. I've prayed for a wife constantly. God is painfully silent. Makes me wonder about the scriptures "he'll give you the desires of your heart," and, "If you ask anything in my name, I'll DO it." I've told many people that if my parents die without ever seeing their grandchildren, then they'll be nothing left for me to live for. I'm feeling that more and more now, as my Dad just is not the same joyful man he once was, and he's forgetting very basic things that he's known for years.

Bless y'all.

It's hard to endure God's grace.

"For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth" (Heb 12:6, KJV).

The pain you're expierencing shows that God LOVES YOU. It is hard...hard to endure, but, "If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?" (Heb 12:7, KJV).

The benefit of God's loving grace is it helps you become a son:

"But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye ********, and not sons" (Heb 12:8, KJV).

Being without chastisement makes one a *******, and not a son.

I will comment on some of what you said.

"Recently I found out that my Dad is developing Alzheimers disease."

COMMENT: I'm sorry... You'll be in my prayers, as well as your father.

"And a prayer that I've had since I was in my late twenties...that I've labored, begged, pleaded God to answer looks like it will never be."

COMMENT: Prayers are not always answered. Soon after Christ's death, multiple Christians died despite prayer. Titus had "often infirmities" and Paul recommended that Titus should "use a little wine for thy stomach's sake" (1Ti 5:23). Steven, moreover, was stoned to death (Act 7:59, KJV). Paul was "Thrice ... beaten with rods, once ... stoned, thrice ... suffered shipwreck, a night and a day ... [was] in the deep; In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by [his] own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness. (2Co 11:25-27). Christ was spit on, mocked, and crucified. In fact, the apostles even said, "we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God" (Act 14:22, KJV).

I am learning every day that being one of God's elect is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT! Being a true follower of Christ is not the pretty picture TBN illustrates!

"To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus" (1Co 5:5, KJV).

Part of being a true follower of Christ involves falling into the ground and dying to the flesh.

"And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead" (Mat 8:21, KJV).

Jesus is teaching is elect to forget about the pleasures and sorrow of this world and strive for perfection.

"My heart is so heavy, y'all. I truly feel what Al is saying. God can seem so cruel. I've always said that the loudest sound in all the universe is God's silence. Sometimes I can honestly say that I feel hatred towards him. I know better, but sometimes I just can't help it."

COMMENT: Paul and every one of God's elect are and will go through what you're going through.

"And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to mea thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure" (2Co 12:7).

God gave Paul a thorn in the flesh "lest [he] should be exalted above measure."

Paul, just like you, and just like I would, "besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from [him]" (verse 8 ).

God responded, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I [Paul] rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me" (verse 9).

You cannot see it now, Job couldn't see it at first, neither could Paul, but this expierence is helping you. It will help you. You might not be able to see it, but it will help you. "For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth" (Heb 12:6, KJV). You may not understand God's ways, but understand this: God loves you! His love is further examplified through your tribulation. Remember it: God loves you.

I cannot answer you with man's wisdom as to what good will and is coming out of this expierence, and I cannot tell you with man's wisdom why God works the way he does, but I can tell you what the Scriptures say. You might not like it, but it's human instinct to not like what God does, "Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be" (Rom 8:7).

Here are what the scriptures say concerning your expierence:

"...it is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity [you...] to humble them by it" (Ecc 1:13, CLV).

But...

"To him that overcometh will [Christ] give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God" (Rev 2:7, KJV).

"Pray without ceasing" (1Th 5:17, KJV). But... "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought..." (Rom 8:26, KJV), because ""Because the carnal mind is enmity against God" (Rom 8:7). Nevertheless, "Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms" (Jam 5:13, KJV). Keep praying! BUT! Do not hate the Lord if your prayer is unanswered, because God is moving everything according to his own will, and whether we like it or not, it's not always God's will for people to be healed.

Keep in mind, the 1000s of people Jesus healed turned on him and crucified him.

I will keep you in my prayers, and I'm sure the entire board will! Keep a look out for Ray's paper, "The Answer to Unanswered Prayers." And again, I'm sorry.

Michael A.

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 05:56:30 AM »

The answer to unanswered prayer, I think, can be found at the core of the relationship each of us have with God.

Jesus thanked our Father for ALWAYS hearing His prayer.  That is something to catch our attention.  Would you like to find yourself in THAT place, where God is already answering your prayer before you even finish asking?

Jesus said many interesting things.

Another is when Jesus said that our Father never left Him alone, because He always chose the things that pleased His Father.  The key word in that statement, I think, is "because".  It links the former with the latter, like cause and effect.  It shows us the path that is fruitful.  I don't like being "left alone", do you?  Since Jesus is willing to show us the pathway, are we willing to walk down it?

What the scripture seems to suggest here is that choosing what pleases our Father is very important.  Personally, I believe it is a key to answered prayer.  When we are so aligned with God, heart to heart by the Spirit of God that we choose our prayers by what what we believe would be pleasing to our Father; by what will accomplish His will in our lives and in the lives of them we pray for, THEN, I think, we have struck a chord with Jesus and the Father.

I don't think we have to know the will of God as much as we need to be willing to comply with it whatever it is in a given situation.  Being "willing" is the attitude of a heart that is perfectly submitted in trust, and that is pleasing to God, and we all know that God looks on the heart.

The other part is the timing.  God has a plan, and in His plan is a certain timing.  He doe4s these things in perfect timing, and in my experience, He likes to wait till the last possible moment - or just beyond that moment - to perform a miracle.  But then, maybe that's just me, heh heh heh.  Nevertheless, with the benefit of hindsight I am able to see how God does much more than we even ask or think when He moves miraculously - often impacting people in ways that we have no idea of.  Of course, there is an entire world and billions of people to consider when He answers a certain request - so don't be surprised when He maximizes the impact by choosing a time that we would rather not wait on - not being able to see the entire picture as He does.

Lastly, be encouraged to keep praying, and never give up.  We have a friend in Jesus, and He desires to give to us good gifts.

For your father's cure, I agree with you and I ask God to answer your request for your dad's healing, in Jesus' name.  Amen.  

So go and tell him that people who do not even know him are praying for him, because a brother in Christ ASKED in faith.

zander

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 09:43:01 AM »

I know this is a tough situation DeeJ.  I have honestly been there with regards to wanting a partner.  Its a nightmare!  Im not saying that this will offer you any comfort whatsoever, but now i know that everything is of God and we have no free will, then i look around and see that there are people WORSE off than me, i feel very blessed.  

I have never had a proper girlfriend, for the record and i am 31.  I am embarking on a great relatiuonship right now with a lovely girl and its new, but i know that its OF God.  And there is no guarantee even if it will last.  All i know is that what is in front of me is unavoidable.

I will sure pray for you and your father.

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 11:57:33 AM »

Hello Deejcop, I personally can relate what you are going through. I lost my mom to alzheimers 9 yrs ago. She was diagnosed with it when she was just 55 yrs old. Loosing my mother was the hardest thing that I had ever gone through in life.
At the time I was basically in a non denominational church and also having church at home. And let me tell you when God didnt answer my prayer about my mother being healed my walk with God just disappeared. I went back to the world and I hated God with everything I had. I called Him literally every name I could think of. I would say the must horrible things you couldnt even imagine. My wife would just shake her head and couldnt believe the filth that came out of my lips.
Now I look back and you know I guess that I really didnt love God. Who am I to tell God what to do. Now I have a true love for my creator.
God puts things in our lives,obstacles, and yes even tragedies for it is part of His plan. Though we may not understand them at the time we have to trust that He knows what He is doing.
I do pray for you and that God will comfort you and that your dad will be restored according to our Fathers' will. May you find peace in this. Truly sometimes ther eis no easy answer are words to say, but always trust in our Father. I do pray for you my friend
Kevin

gmik

why did God do it this way
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 12:47:19 PM »

I am so sorry you are going thru all your trials, but count it all joy if you can.  I relate to you and the other posts. Similar thoughts, feelings, actions, anger, depression, etc etc. You have got to hang on to 2 thoughts.  God Loves You, and He is Faithful.  The board will indeed pray for you and hurt with you.  You are not alone.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 01:29:30 PM »

Hi DJ, there have been some excellent posts here and very appropriate scripture as well. I have been where you are, with me it lasted over 3 decades. Prayers to heal sickness, no answers, prayers for understanding, no answers, prayers for purpose, no answer, prayers for reconciliation, no answers.............................on my timetable. I failed to realize we are on His timetable.

I have been on the receiving end of condolences more times than I really care to remember, especially with my brother and sister, and other friends and loved ones who died "too young" or before their time so to speak and I saw the misery of my parents as they aged, they started out life physically handicapped and ended it weak and helpless in a hospital bed, that to them was cruelly reminiscent of the years in the hospital that they spent in their youth.

I won't go into the details but there was a time I hated God, hated everything I thought I knew about Him, but I was acting like the child who when needing correction gets disciplined by his parents, overeacts and proclaims hate for them because his understanding of their purpose was too heavy for his immature mind. He would really hate them for a time, run away or threaten to because he did not like being chastised or having his desires unfulfilled, even when his desires would have proven to be self destructive. "Everybody else does it, everybody else has one" children are apt to say to parents who's only interest is the very best for their child, but the child only sees it as cruel and being deprived.

The parents have a better understanding of what is necessary than the child does and God has an infinitely better understanding of what we need and when, than we do. I know that condolences and sympathy, good wishes and all that did not ease the pain for me when I went through some of my more intense tribulations, sometimes it takes years to accomplish that but we have the promise that we all will be together again, never to hurt or be seperated again, this life is a vapor, soon to pass and when the time comes that we are with Him and all of our loved ones and  we look back to this experience it will seem to have been a very small price to pay for these immortal treasures.

The prayer I made for understanding took 34 years before I felt it was answered, I then realized all the troubles I was going through was actually Him answering my prayers, it was then when I understood the old phrase "be careful what you pray for, it might come true." His way is not our way and so much of it makes no sense to us as we go through it, but when we look back we see it so differently.

As for the last part I can also speak from experience and let me assure you that being single is WAY better than being in a bad marriage, again patience is the way, getting out of a bad marriage can be a real problem, enduring one a torturous tribulation.

Pro 21:9  It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house.

Pro 21:19  It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman.

Pro 27:15  A continual dropping in a very rainy day and a contentious woman are alike.

No offense ladies! The same is true with men as well, it works both ways!

Love and peace to you DJ,

Joe

Harryfeat

Re: why did God do it this way
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 01:46:45 PM »

Quote from: gmik
I am so sorry you are going thru all your trials, but count it all joy if you can.  I relate to you and the other posts. Similar thoughts, feelings, actions, anger, depression, etc etc. You have got to hang on to 2 thoughts.  God Loves You, and He is Faithful.  The board will indeed pray for you and hurt with you.  You are not alone.

DJ, My thoughts and prayers are similar to gmik who expressed it so much better that I.

My parents put a lot of pressure on us for grandchildren.  I hope that your prayers for a child are what you wish and not just to please your dad.  

My older sister was eager to please our parents and present them with their first grandchild.  She also wanted lots of children.   In her haste she married a man who was very immature.  She got pregnant early and had both families excited about the new grandchild.  In her third trimester her husband came home one day in a fit of jealousy over the attention everyone paid to the unborn child.  He proceeded to punch and kick my sister in the stomach all the while expressing how he didn't want the child because it was taking her full attention away from him.

Needless to say she went into labor and the child lived for a few hours before it died.  She got her wish to be a mother and my parents got their grandchild for a few hours.

It has been a few years since then but the hurt is still there. After that, our parents never put any pressure on the rest of us for children and expressed their wish for only our happiness through God's will.

I pray that God will ease your pain know His love for you and your dad

feat

Kevin

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 02:02:46 PM »

Harryfeat, Man ,this really saddens me.My heart goes out to you, your sister, and family.
Kevin

eutychus

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 02:36:22 PM »

God bless all yall and may you find comfort in him as i know you do and will.

in Christ
chuckt

2Cr 1:3 Blessed [be] God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;

deejcop

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 02:54:45 PM »

Hello, Group

If y'all could see the smile on my face right now. I am absolutely overwhelmed at the responses to my dilemna, you all will never know. You have truly blessed me, and have reminded me of the love of God. I thank all of you who responded, but I want to especially give a shout to Kevin, Harryfeat and Bobby. Your testimonies have blessed me so, and helped me to believe that my family and I can and will get through this tough time ahead. My heart goes out to y'all, and I am comforted in your continued faith and trust in the Lord despite those terrible trials.  This is why I don't need to go to "church" no more. My fellowship with all of y'all is priceless.

Thank you again, group, and God bless you for your faithfulness. I'll be reading these posts for encouragement very often.

chrissiela

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2006, 03:05:07 PM »

Wow, DJ. I'm so very sorry for what you are going through. I can't really add to what has already been said... except to add my prayers. So know that I add my prayers to those of the others here.

Blessings,
Chrissie

Grace be to you and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ. And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation. And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation. 2Co 1:2-7

ertsky

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2006, 07:35:10 PM »

i was thinking about it and also this verse encouraged me

i have had a tendency to focus on the more painful side of existence and i believe God has encouraged me to look also on the blessings

of course it's only since the lies of Babylon departed that it's been possible

Phi 4:6  Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
Phi 4:7  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Phi 4:8  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Phi 4:9  Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

and it's so true after 20 odd years stranded in Babylon finally i actually sense that

f

rocky

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2006, 07:48:52 PM »

One of the hardest things for me, and only through the spirit (fire) am I slowly realizing this, is that He is the blessing, not the means to it.

orion77

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2006, 12:31:09 AM »

DJ, my heart goes out to your father and family.  I just got in and after reading all of the posts by our brothers and sisters, my heart soars.  Beautiful to see us come together and help a brother in time of need.  

My prayers are with you, your father and family.

God bless,

Gary

bobf

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2006, 02:27:06 AM »

Keep the faith brother.   Remember that Christ requires us to take up our cross and follow Him.  You are in good company in the 'furnace of fire' with the Son of God.

Lamentations 3:28 He sitteth alone and keepeth silence, because he hath borne it upon him.  29 He putteth his mouth in the dust; if so be there may be hope. 30 He giveth his cheek to him that smiteth him: he is filled full with reproach. 31 For the Lord will not cast off for ever: 32 But though he cause grief, yet will he have compassion according to the multitude of his mercies.

We do not know how or when God will have compassion according to His many mercies.  We just have to wait patiently in faith.

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2006, 01:27:34 PM »

DJ, man I can so relate; I'm 46, never married ( heard a "celebrity" state that if your a male over 45 and have never been married, your a pervert; I just laughed), and had a very sick Dad (died of brain cancer 2 weeks before 9/11).
What gets me through all the "stuff" is the assurance that He is in control; and I don't have any problem (now anyways, was a major problem in the beginning) with being His servant/slave/puppet (whatever you want to call it).
I don't understand why stuff happens the way it does, and told myself I would have lots of questions to ask Him when we met. Then it clicked, I won't have to ask any questions; all of my questions will be answered when we are all in all.
Hang in there brother, your BT family loves you and God loves you.

Patrick

joyful1

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2006, 06:54:29 PM »

DJ-- people like your father can go two ways...some get "sweeter" more docile...some become "combative" and angry....depending on what is going on with your father, if he will let you, just sit with him and hold him.....you can sing with him a song that you both knew....music tends to stay with people a long time...its stored in a way that can be retrieved easier than logical random thoughts. I hope you find peace in the middle of the storm...there's a song that says "sometimes He calms the storm, sometimes He calms the child" God be with you! joyful1
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.