bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rambling thought  (Read 8319 times)

DizzyD

Rambling thought
« on: June 06, 2007, 09:04:58 AM »

This morning as I was sippin on my coffe on the front porch I thought back to the days i was a machinist for a  company I worked for. The parts I machined were cast from a lost wax process and the machining process was multi steps. After each step I had to inspect the part for flaws and if there were any I threw them into a recycl bin and were sent back to the foundry. There they were threw into the fire of the furnace and recast into a new piece. I was thinking of how similar it must be to what is and will happen in the lake of fire for those of us who don't meet the quality check this time around.

chuckt

Re: Rambling thought
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 09:43:25 AM »

Dizzy:

woza woza,  ramble on pretty good analogy there. i also see it as an on going process.

do you think the lake of fire is going on now or is it future??

thanks

blessing to you
chuckt
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 09:44:43 AM by chuckt »

DizzyD

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 09:57:23 AM »

Maybe the trials and tribulations we go through in this life are the equivelant of the machining process

DizzyD

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 10:09:55 AM »

I didn't like my response there,sorry, I'm really not that sharp of a pencil in this pencil box. I personnaly believe that I will have to go through the lake of fire now days when I do something stupid I say to myself that will be another stripe. 
                                               Bud

chuckt

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 10:35:56 AM »

hey bud ;)

ever read this:

alachi 3:3 says: “He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver.”
This verse puzzled some women in a Bible study class and they wondered what this statement meant about the character and nature of God. One of the women offered to find out the process of refining silver and get back to th group at their next class.

That week, the woman called a silversmith and made an appointment to watch him at work. She didn’t mention anything about the reason for her interest beyond her curiosity about the process of refining silver. As she watched the silversmith, he held a piece of silver over the fire and let it heat up. He explained that in refining silver, one needed to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames were hottest as to burn away all the impurities.

The woman thought about God holding us in such a hot spot then she thought again about the verse that says: “He sits as a refiner and purifier of silver.”
She asked the silversmith if it was true that he had to sit there in front of the fire the whole time the silver was being refined. the man answered that yes, he not only had to sit there holding the silver, but he had to keep his eyes on the silver the entire time it was in the fire. If the silver was left a moment too long in the flames, it would be destroyed.
The woman was silent for a moment. Then she asked the silversmith, “How do you know when the silver is fully refined?” He smiled at her and answered, “Oh, that’s easy— when I see my image in it.”
If today you are feeling the heat of the fire, remember that God has His eye on you and will keep watching you until He sees His image in you.

God bless ya Bud.
chuckt

Evan600

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 10:46:23 AM »

This morning as I was sippin on my coffe on the front porch I thought back to the days i was a machinist for a  company I worked for. The parts I machined were cast from a lost wax process and the machining process was multi steps. After each step I had to inspect the part for flaws and if there were any I threw them into a recycl bin and were sent back to the foundry. There they were threw into the fire of the furnace and recast into a new piece. I was thinking of how similar it must be to what is and will happen in the lake of fire for those of us who don't meet the quality check this time around.

A fellow "ex-machinist!"

I think that's a good illustration.  It reminds me of a Scripture:

Zec 13:9  I will bring the one-third through the fire,
       Will refine them as silver is refined,
       And test them as gold is tested.
       They will call on My name,
       And I will answer them.
       I will say, "This is My people';
       And each one will say, "The LORD is my God."'

We truly serve a wonderful God, that words just can't describe.  What a beautiful truth from the Word of God!

- Jason

mari_et_pere

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 11:17:01 AM »

Excellent responses. Chuck, the refiner's story was great!

do you think the lake of fire is going on now or is it future??

I don't see how it's possible for the lake of fire to be now. How many people have you seen pass away who obviously weren't living "right"? Obviously they'll need to be refined and purified later on then.

Matt

carol70

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 01:18:33 PM »

She asked the silversmith if it was true that he had to sit there in front of the fire the whole time the silver was being refined. the man answered that yes, he not only had to sit there holding the silver, but he had to keep his eyes on the silver the entire time it was in the fire. If the silver was left a moment too long in the flames, it would be destroyed.
The woman was silent for a moment. Then she asked the silversmith, “How do you know when the silver is fully refined?” He smiled at her and answered, “Oh, that’s easy— when I see my image in it.” 

That is an awesome and comforting story Chuck - thanks for sharing it!

gmik

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 04:16:59 PM »

Great thread. Comforting indeed.

Since the LOF is spiritual, can it be both now & then.  And if then, exactly how do billions of people get thru it??  In an instance or for eons?  If eons then what is happening thru out this time?  Are you in line, waiting your turn, and then go.....where? to another line or to start eternity???  I am being very serious.  Maybe no one can know all the logistics yet.  Maybe there are no logistics!

I don't know if we should have a whole doctrine off of one verse.

Help.PS  Of course I have read the entire LOF series twice and parts more than twice.  I still don't feel settled tho about this aspect.

chuckt

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 04:20:11 PM »

hi Genna

maybe its, IS..WAS..and WILL BE ?

cute kid in the pic.

grace and love
chuckt

gmik

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 04:22:44 PM »

Chuck thanks-she is cute :)

Thats good, I will have to contemplate the is, was, and will be aspect.

Maybe aionian "ages & stages" too.

(Ahem...Chuck where is YOUR picture????:D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 04:23:57 PM by gmik »

Kat

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 05:11:45 PM »

I looked through Ray's articles in the Lake of Fire, and found these excerpt that help explain the judgment by fire that is going on now and will in the future.

http://bible-truths.com/lake3.html -------------------------

"Beloved, think it NOT STRANGE concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some STRANGE thing happened unto you" (I Pet. 4:12).

Peter makes it sound as though going through fiery trails is the norm rather than the exception. The New Testament is filled with the fiery trials of the Saints.

Now I hope that none will be offended at my next few statements, but if so, so be it. Unless God Almighty through the purging power of His FIERY SPIRIT, is BURNING OUT the lusts and passions and vanity and haughtiness and greed and self-righteousness and laziness and weakness and hypocrisy and wickedness and pride and materialism and cynicism and depravity and carnality in your life, then Jesus Christ is not choosing you to reign with Him as the Sons of God in the Kingdom of God to bring all Heaven and Earth to repentance and salvation!

Such damnable character flaws of the mind and spirit are going to be burned out of us all! God will either BURN OUT these filthy impurities from our hearts and minds NOW, or He will BURN THEM OUT IN THE LAKE OF FIRE, but either way, make no mistake about it, THESE THINGS ARE COMING OUT!!!

http://bible-truths.com/lake6.html

In the second resurrection, at the white throne judgment, in the lake of fire. The lake of divine spiritual fire will bring salvation to ALL THE NATIONS! "…but he himself [whomever of the billions of people purged in God’s spiritual fire] shall be SAVED; yet so as BY [God’s spiritual consuming] FIRE"! (I Cor. 3:15).

Remember that there are two administrations of God’s purging fire: The first is on the House of God consisting of those whom God is calling to be overcomers and sons of God. The second will be at the second resurrection and white throne judgment in the lake of God’s divine purging fire. All the children of the bondwoman, the Old Covenant, the Mother Whore with her harlot daughters, will one day be the children of Heavenly Jerusalem Above, which is the MOTHER OF US ALL!

http://bible-truths.com/lake12.html -----------------------------------

GOD’S MINISTERS ARE FLAMES OF FIRE

I showed you earlier that Jesus Christ is not only IN the lake of fire, He IS THE LAKE OF FIRE. He is the Divinity in this spiritual fire.

Ponder this:

Like Christ, we too are raised with a "SPIRITUAL body" (I Cor. 15:44).
We are in fact called, "the BODY of Christ" (Eph. 1:23).
We will literally "be LIKE Him [Christ]" (I John 3:2).
God will make us into "ministers [of] FLAMING FIRE" (Psalm 104:4).
We too then will be like our God, "a CONSUMING FIRE" (Heb. 12:29).
God promises us that, "…the saints shall JUDGE THE WORLD…" and "we shall JUDGE ANGELS" (I Cor. 6:2-3)!

God tells us WHERE this judgment will take place:

"…they were judged every man according to their works," and "whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into THE LAKE OF FIRE" (Rev. 20:13 & 15).

Therefore, we, the Saints, the Body of Christ, the consuming fire ministers of God, the saviours of Mt. Zion, the manifested Sons and Daughters of God, along with our Head, Jesus Christ, also ARE THE LAKE OF FIRE!

THERE IS NO LITERAL LAKE, AND THERE IS NO LITERAL FIRE. Jesus Christ and His Body of Saints ARE THE LAKE OF JUDGING, PURIFYING, CONSUMING SPIRITUAL FIRE!!!

The lake of fire is a metaphor written in symbols that stand for what is being symbolized, not the symbols themselves. The lake of fire is composed of Jesus Christ the Judge of the world, Christ’s divine spiritual fire and brimstone, and the Sons of God who are the body of Christ who are also FLAMES OF FIRE (Heb. 1:7).

And the whole world will be judged BY US! After death, all the dead will be resurrected, they will all be judged, they will have to pass through the purifying lake of fire, they will have to PASS THROUGH US! WE will be their judge along with our Lord.

"Know ye not that the SAINTS SHALL JUDGE THE WORLD?"

And so, the GREAT SEA OF HUMANITY will be judged in the safety and security of the LAKE OF SAINTS!
----------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 06:24:36 PM »

To add:

Job 14 : 12 So man lies down and does NOT RISE to his former state TILL THE HEAVENS ARE NO MORE, men will not awake nor be raised physically out of their sleep.

Sounds to me as Ray teaches. NOW for some, is the judgement on the House of God and later for others not experiencing judgment, is the LOF.

consider also this :

Jer 30 : 11 For I am with you, says the Lord, to save you, for I WILL MAKE A FULL AND COMPLETE END OF ALL THE NATIONS to which I have scattered YOU, but I will not make a full and complete end of you. But I will correct you in measure and with judgment and will in no sense hold you guiltless or leave you unpunished.

I think the above shows the judgments on the House of God NOW.

1 Cor 3 : 15 But if any mans work is burned up under the test he will suffer loss of it all, loosing his reward, though he himself will be (Future ) saved, but only as one who has passed through the fire (LOF)

I think this shows the person who LOST the reward and who is the person who experiences the LOF.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

gmik

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2007, 01:19:58 AM »

Whew!  That section of the LOF was really powerful.  So the nations go thru the safety of the elect!  So is the stripes we talk about, some few, some many, just a metaphor as well??

Is there a difference btwn being purged of laziness, greed, pride etc now as opposed to later?? What would the actual trial be like then?  Like I can think of the ways He burns these out down here, now, in our lives and w/ our loved ones.

Then I have also heard that one glance upon the Lamb, and everyone will bow the knee. One glance in His eyes is all it takes to know your a sinner and to repent and worship.  So why stripes?? It only took a second for Paul to repent. Yet his life was a testement to being in judgement w/ all he had to endure.

I really don't obsess over this usually.  This thread just got me thinking.

Kat, those 2 sections from LOF was a good refresher for me.  I gotta start over I think.  Its that good!!

Kat

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2007, 11:13:51 AM »

Hi Gena,

I know what you mean, it can all be confusing. 

Is there a difference btwn being purged of laziness, greed, pride etc now as opposed to later?? What would the actual trial be like then?  Like I can think of the ways He burns these out down here, now, in our lives and w/ our loved ones.

We all understand that it is a process that we go through to be purged of our carnal nature.  Like you said, "in our lives and w/ our loved ones."  It seems all the things that happen in this life are used by God for chastening and correcting us, that understandable.
Now we read in the scripture that Christ warns the disciples to pray that they would escape the judgment when Christ returns

Luke 21:36  Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worth to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man."

The great white throne is judgment and all that end up there will be cast into the Lake of fire. 

Mat 13:50  and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

That doesn't some good.  I do not think this will be quick and easy for them.  We have scripture that says this punishment will last a whole age, I guess that length would be just for some.

2Th 1:8  in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God and who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ,
v. 9  who shall be punished with everlasting(eonian) destruction(punishment) from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,
v. 10  when He shall come to be glorified in His saints and to be admired in all those who believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that Day.

I think the few and many stripes has real meaning.  I believe that all of God's judgment, perfectly matches the sin.  So there are those in this life who were actually really good people, and there is John the Baptist and the prophets, I would think they would go through few 'stripes.'  But all will have to learn of Christ's sacrifice and obey the spirit of the Christ's commandments, just like for us it will be a process. 

I hope this helps, but I know it might just stir up more questions  ;)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 11:16:02 AM by Kat »

mari_et_pere

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 11:35:43 AM »

So basically we go through judgements, trials and tribulations now to teach us (burn out the impurities) but later, after death and ressurection, is the LOF for those who didn't learn there lesson while here. I think.  ;D I'm gonna have to go back and read and study more on it.  ::)

Matt

Kat

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 11:54:13 AM »

Hi Matt,

I think you put it all in a nutshell  :)
But basically that is what I think.

mercy, peace, love
Kat

gmik

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2007, 03:05:18 PM »

Thanks so much.  This thread has cleared up some "fuzzy" thinking.

Someone, on another thread, said the LOF could be translated from the greek as  "haven of purification".  In the safety and security of the saints. Wow. I like that image. 

Rather than ask more Q I think I need to study and meditate on what this thread has offered.  There is A LOT in what Ray has said just in those parts Kat copied.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 03:06:38 PM by gmik »

GODSown1

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2007, 10:48:10 PM »

wow! d@ was GOOD,
                           Jus lyk The 1 & Only GOD! n JESUS Mighty! name Amen!.
                           muchLOVE!! Pera

ps.Chuckt I Loved da read! Orsum!!! BlesSnz! dudE
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.