bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Be like Christ.  (Read 4135 times)

nightmare sasuke

Be like Christ.
« on: April 13, 2006, 05:58:57 AM »

I was going to make this responce in one of the post's but it was locked. I decided to make a new thread.

nightmare sasuke wrote:
Jesus was sarcastic, but on the other hand, I don't recall him laughing at people. We were all in the Harlot once, and none of us would like to be laughed at.

Well I am not Jesus, I am a sinner just like you. besides I was just laughing at the spelling. you're going to " BERN " in hell.  
That's classic. maybe it's " rong " for me to laugh at this person, but I'm only human. and yes I've made plenty of mistakes in my life, and when I look in the " mirrow " I don't much like what I see. but I think God is slowly changing me.

I really didn't mean to offend anyone by this, but it did help me to calm down
from the state of anger I was in earlier. if it took a stupid person to do that then so be it. I've nothing personal against this person, but it did make me laugh.

Specifically, you said, "I am not Jesus." That is true, however, we are to "follow" Christ (Mat 4:19) because "Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should followhis steps" (1Pe 2:21). You said you are not Christ, but you are supposed to become like him, rather than having the attitude that the process of dying and becoming like Christ is impossible.

Let "us go on unto perfection..." (Heb 6:1, KJV). Becoming one of God's elect does not merely mean rejecting false doctrines, but also rejecting the ways of the world and flesh, striving to be like Christ.

While Christ did use sarcasm against the Pharisees, he was also kind and humble to many of the sick that later crucified him. Obviously, the person who emailed Ray is one of those that are sick and are in need of healing. That person is following false doctrines, but at least the person is not teaching them (I hope) to thousands of blind sheep like the Pharisees did—because that person is a sheep! The person deserves respect. We all came out of the Harlot, and none of us would like to be treated overly bad or be unexpectedly made fun of, in the Harlot, or out. Christ used Sarcasm but he did not (I do not think so) sit back and laugh at the Pharisees. The Harlot is not something to laugh it; her horrible system is tear jerking—I find myself brought to sorrow for those that are spiritually blind. The voice from heaven warned, “Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues� (Rev 18:4, KJV). The voice, however, did not laugh and say, “Haha, you are all following false doctrines. Too bad! I won’t do anything about it. I will, however, make fun of it!�

Look at the example Ray left the spiritually blind sheep and us. Did he mock the person’s spelling skills, which for all we know could be the result of an illness? No. Did he laugh at the person? Well, maybe, but not publicly. Specifically, he responded, “And I forgive you too. God be with you, Ray.� Ray left us a good example. Ray uses sarcasm often. But in this situation, I don’t think it was needed, nor would it have been Christ-like to use sarcasm.

I think we need to draw the line between needed sarcasm and antichrist-like mockery. Christ was sarcastic toward the Pharisees, but not the sheep (from what I can tell). And many people that email Ray (especially the person with the spelling issues) are sheep. Laughing at them could scare them off, thus making them fornicate with the Harlot even more!

I could be 100% wrong—but laughing at someone’s spelling does not seem or feel like something Christ would want us, the elect, to do.

Post some scriptures if any of you think I am wrong, thanks!

rocky

Re: Be like Christ.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 10:29:40 AM »

Quote from: nightmare sasuke
I was going to make this responce in one of the post's but it was locked. I decided to make a new thread.

nightmare sasuke wrote:
Jesus was sarcastic, but on the other hand, I don't recall him laughing at people. We were all in the Harlot once, and none of us would like to be laughed at.

Well I am not Jesus, I am a sinner just like you. besides I was just laughing at the spelling. you're going to " BERN " in hell.  
That's classic. maybe it's " rong " for me to laugh at this person, but I'm only human. and yes I've made plenty of mistakes in my life, and when I look in the " mirrow " I don't much like what I see. but I think God is slowly changing me.

I really didn't mean to offend anyone by this, but it did help me to calm down
from the state of anger I was in earlier. if it took a stupid person to do that then so be it. I've nothing personal against this person, but it did make me laugh.

Specifically, you said, "I am not Jesus." That is true, however, we are to "follow" Christ (Mat 4:19) because "Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should followhis steps" (1Pe 2:21). You said you are not Christ, but you are supposed to become like him, rather than having the attitude that the process of dying and becoming like Christ is impossible.

Let "us go on unto perfection..." (Heb 6:1, KJV). Becoming one of God's elect does not merely mean rejecting false doctrines, but also rejecting the ways of the world and flesh, striving to be like Christ.

While Christ did use sarcasm against the Pharisees, he was also kind and humble to many of the sick that later crucified him. Obviously, the person who emailed Ray is one of those that are sick and are in need of healing. That person is following false doctrines, but at least the person is not teaching them (I hope) to thousands of blind sheep like the Pharisees did—because that person is a sheep! The person deserves respect. We all came out of the Harlot, and none of us would like to be treated overly bad or be unexpectedly made fun of, in the Harlot, or out. Christ used Sarcasm but he did not (I do not think so) sit back and laugh at the Pharisees. The Harlot is not something to laugh it; her horrible system is tear jerking—I find myself brought to sorrow for those that are spiritually blind. The voice from heaven warned, “Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues� (Rev 18:4, KJV). The voice, however, did not laugh and say, “Haha, you are all following false doctrines. Too bad! I won’t do anything about it. I will, however, make fun of it!�

Look at the example Ray left the spiritually blind sheep and us. Did he mock the person’s spelling skills, which for all we know could be the result of an illness? No. Did he laugh at the person? Well, maybe, but not publicly. Specifically, he responded, “And I forgive you too. God be with you, Ray.� Ray left us a good example. Ray uses sarcasm often. But in this situation, I don’t think it was needed, nor would it have been Christ-like to use sarcasm.

I think we need to draw the line between needed sarcasm and antichrist-like mockery. Christ was sarcastic toward the Pharisees, but not the sheep (from what I can tell). And many people that email Ray (especially the person with the spelling issues) are sheep. Laughing at them could scare them off, thus making them fornicate with the Harlot even more!

I could be 100% wrong—but laughing at someone’s spelling does not seem or feel like something Christ would want us, the elect, to do.

Post some scriptures if any of you think I am wrong, thanks!

We've all done it and we've all had it done to us.  Laughing at the expense of somenone else never feels good.  I hope we didn't turn this individual away for good.  I hope he sees Christ in us if he does come and read some posts.  There are many who peer in constantly here, and don't contribute; and hopefully Christ is glorified for Christ's sake, and for their salvation.

ertsky

Be like Christ.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 08:27:46 PM »

oh get over it !!!

LOL!

look who are you guys to judge me for having a laugh

do you know there was evil in my heart ?

how do YOU know it wasn't Christ who inspired my laugh ?

WHAT ABOUT THE CONTENT???

the bad spellers bad spelling was the least of his problems, THE LEAST!!

his ridiculous carnal attack on Ray was far more laughable

what will turn people off Christ is a bunch of pseudo pious twaddle

i mean sudo pie us waddle

so sue me

:lol:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.