bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sarcasm  (Read 4960 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Sarcasm
« on: June 07, 2007, 11:58:59 PM »

Ray,
This is sarcasm isn't it? ........if so I don't get it.

I hope you have time to answer this.........I have been reading your papers and e-mails for about three years and this is the first thing I have come across that puzzles me.

Thanks
        Tony

A question asks Ray in an email:

"So what exactly did Christ have to save us from? You claim to bring truth to the contradictors, yet you are the one contradicting the Bible in all manner of ways. Your entire site is an absolute lie. It’s disgusting what you put in that site, and should be ashamed of yourself, no you probably won’t as you stated “In the after life, if you are wrong, will you be willing to change and do what God wants?"

To which one part Ray answered:

COMMENT:  I doubt it. I think that I will stick to my guns, right or wrong!”

Yes, of course it is sarcasm.  I'm sorry, Tony, apparently it went over the heads of two other readers over the past few years as well--you are the third to question my statement.  I thought that it was so blatantly obvious to all that I was answering in sarcasm. There are two proverbs that read:  "ANSWER NOT a fool according to his folly, lest you also be like unto him.  ANSWER a fool according to his folly, les he be wise in his own conceit." (Prov. 26:4-5).  Well, which one is true? Do they contradict? No they don't. They are BOTH TRUE.

Sometimes it is NOT good to answer a fool according to his foolish questions, but at other times it is good to answer him, but answer him "according to his FOLLY." That is what I did to the foolish questioner. I answered him according to his stupid questions, but unfortunately at least 3 of you didn't get it. I'll try to be more careful in the future.,

God be with you,
        Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.