bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bugs bunny hell  (Read 4302 times)

chuckt

bugs bunny hell
« on: June 08, 2007, 10:15:29 AM »

hi all.

we are born into this world and from day one are taught traditions of men.
our first view of hell comes from cartoons, remember? i do, then as we grow we
see it in the movies and are taught it in sunday school   :P  all reinforced by the world.
then we get older and start to read the bible we cant help but read it from a
predudice point of view.
even the athiest have a augustine perspective of religoun, they cant help it. :'(

most christians cant seem to shake this brainwashing. until we throw off all labels and denominational
affiliations we will stay in the box.

the world truly lay in the grips of babel.(((confusion by mixing)))

Its funny sorta how and what God uses to blind people. 8)

mans wisdom is truly foolish.

God is truly a trip.

may he use us to bring light into the world.

1Cr 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

peace
chuckt
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 10:18:27 AM by chuckt »

jackson

Re: bugs bunny hell
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 12:39:46 PM »

Hey Chuckt,

That was very well stated.  I agree completely.  Especially with the "labels and denominational affiliations" this world has procured.  That is our challenge though isn't it, to get past those worldly ideas.  It sounds so easy but to overcome a life time of babelonian influence is a daunting task.

As for me, I had been training like an olympic athlete my whole life to succed in this world, to have the knowledge of this world, to have all the fun I could in this world.  All this effort wasted, because the things of this world are meaningless.  But the great thing is; and what I wish everyone could know; is that I was not left empty handed when I finally realized this.  The good news is that Jesus was always there, is here now and will always be at my side.  So no matter where in the world I go from here I know that it is by the council of my Fathers will that I get there.

In His Grace,
Jackson

mari_et_pere

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 02:54:02 PM »

Chuck, Jackson, I totally agree! God is a trip. God's work is a strange work indeed.

The things that throw us off track are so inviting aren't they? Hard to turn them down, in fact impossible at first isn't it? It gets easier! As we grow, our perspective changes, and we realize what you have, Jackson. The things of the world are meaningless. Depending on the translation, Ecclesiastes calls them all folly, or vanity, or basically a waste of time.

Ecc 1:2  Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.
Ecc 1:3  What profit hath a man of all his labour which he taketh under the sun?

Insanity of insanities, all is insanity.  ;D ;D

Matt

jackson

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 05:40:28 PM »

Solomon is one of my favorite people from the OT.  When he wrote Ecclesiastes his kingdom was at its golden age, it couldn't get any better for Israel.  But Solomon wanted the people to know that succes never last long.

Psalm 103:14-16  14 For he knows how weak we are; he remembers we are only dust. 15 Our days on earth are like grass; like wildflowers we bloom and die.  16 The wind blows, and we are gone-as though we had never been here.

James 4:14  How do you know what your life will be like tommarrow?  Your life is like the morning fog-it's here for a little while, then it is gone

All human accomplishments will one day disappear; we must keep this in mind in order to live wisely.  If we don't we will become either proud and feal self-sufficient when we succeed or very disapointed when we fail.  Solomon's goal was to show that earthly possessions and accomplishments are ultimately meaningless.  Only God's presence in our lives brings real satisfaction.

Romans 8:20-21  20 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.

Stripped of the life-giving spirit breathed into us by our Father, our bodies return to dust.  Stripped of His purpose, our work is in vain.  Stripped of His love, our service is futile.  We must put God first in all we do because without Him we have nothing.  Knowing that life is meaningless without God should motivate the wise person to seek God first.

Ecc. 11:13-14  13 Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God (loving reverence is the foundation of all wisdom) and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.  14 For God will bring every deed into judgement, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil.

In His Grace,
Jackson
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 05:44:38 PM by jackson »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 16 queries.