bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: You Enough  (Read 3510 times)

mrl1970

You Enough
« on: June 09, 2007, 02:27:39 AM »

Got this as an email from a friend thought I'd share with all of you.

You Enough 

Recently  I overheard a mother and daughter in their last moments together at the  airport. They had announced the departure.

Standing near the  security gate, they hugged and the mother said, "I love you and I wish you  enough".

The daughter replied, "Mom, our life together has  been more than enough.  Your love is all I ever needed.  I wish  you enough, too, Mom".

They kissed and the daughter left. The mother walked over to the window where I was seated. Standing there I could see she wanted and needed to cry. I tried not to intrude on her privacy but she welcomed me in by asking, "Did you ever say good-bye to someone knowing it would be  forever?".

Yes, I have," I replied. "Forgive me for asking, 
but why is this a forever good-bye?".

"I am old and she  lives so far away. I have challenges ahead and the reality is - the next  trip back will be for my funeral," she said.

"When you  were saying good-bye, I heard you say, 'I wish you enough'. May I ask what  that means?".

She began to smile. "That's a wish that has  been handed down from other generations. My parents used to say it to  everyone". She paused a moment and looked up as if trying to remember it in  detail and she smiled even more. "When we said , 'I wish you enough', we  were wanting the other person to have a life filled with just enough good  things to sustain them".  Then turning toward me, she shared the  following as if she were reciting it from memory.

I wish you  enough sun to keep your attitude
bright no matter how gray the day may  appear.

I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun even more.

I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive and everlasting. 

I wish you enough pain so that even the smallest of joys in  life may appear bigger.

I wish you enough gain to satisfy your  wanting.

I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you  possess.

I wish you enough hellos to get you through the  final good-bye.

She then began to cry and walked away.

Deborah-Leigh

Re: You Enough
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 06:48:52 AM »

Thank you for sharing that. Your sensitivity to her must have been felt in her moment of vulnerability.

What she said certainly shows the contrasts to bring us to know the differences between good and evil and finally become as Christ in His image!

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

mrl1970

Re: You Enough
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 11:28:26 AM »

Though this is a fictional story a friend sent me I did relate to the woman's vulnerability. As I read the story I had the same thoughts you do about learning good and evil.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.