bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The afterlife isn't so alive!  (Read 6051 times)

nightmare sasuke

The afterlife isn't so alive!
« on: April 13, 2006, 05:39:09 PM »

I'm currently writing a paper on why death is—death. I am going to give it to my pastor when I am done. Most of it I had written a while ago but I'm editing it and adding onto it. However, I was wondering if you guys could look it over, and tell me if you notice any heresy within it. I DO NOT want to give this paper to my pastor or anyone else until I know everything I am saying is scriptural. If you have any advice or recommendations, that will be helpful as well.

Since the paper is too long to post, I uploaded it to yousendit, the link is:
http://s41.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2S15BZR0L3G9P2NCWWPD9YM48Z

Please tell me what you think! And pray that God directs me in his truth especially with this paper.

shibboleth

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 08:39:34 PM »

I read your paper and think it is very well written. You build your case for how to prove a biblical doctrine and use the Greek words to show the real meaning of many words.
I always had problems with the teaching that we go to heaven or hell right after we die. It never made sense that people were enjoying heaven or suffering in hell. Yet the Bible says they would be judged at the white throne judgment. Why are they being judged, if they have already been judged? Now I know, all dead people are dead. If I fell asleep for 100 years I wouldn't know how long I was asleep. I remember being very sick with the flu and slept for 24 hours. It seemed like a few minutes. So this is how I liken people being in the grave. It will only seem like a few minutes.
Here are some more scriptures I am sure you have seen, but I thought they are important if anyone tries to disprove your paper.
Romans.6:12 Do not let sin reign in your mortal{subject to death} body that you should obey its lusts.
Romans 8:11 But the spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his spirit who indwells you.
1 Cor.15:53 For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality. vs54 says But when this perishable will have put on  the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
These are a few scriptures I found. I will let you know if I find anymore.
Just remember, the holy spirit is the one who does the work, so you have given them enough information  and it is only if God wills for them to see that they will. Let us know how things go after your pastor reads this.
I sent my ex-pastor information about UR and he just said I was in a cult and was chasing after every wind of doctrine. The truth is, I no longer chase after every wind of doctrine, because I have been shown the truth and no longer need to search for it.

longhorn

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 10:52:29 PM »

Nightmare Sasuke

Very nice and thorough piece of writing on a very touchy subject.  I have noticed that you post some very thought provoking questions, "KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK".  

Love in Christ
Longhorn (Charles)

nightmare sasuke

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 11:00:18 PM »

Quote from: longhorn
Nightmare Sasuke

Very nice and thorough piece of writing on a very touchy subject.  I have noticed that you post some very thought provoking questions, "KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK".  

Love in Christ
Longhorn (Charles)

Thank you.

orion77

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 11:42:03 PM »

Nightmare Susake,

I read your article and find it to be true.  You quote very good scripture, so it can not be seen as your own opinion.  The truth is always good to read.  Thank you.

God bless,

Gary

longhorn

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 12:07:49 AM »

P.S.  Nightmare, just remember, the TRUTHS in your writings will offend not only your pastor, but his entire flock.  

love in Christ
Longhorn

Alan

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2006, 06:12:13 AM »

Nightmare,

The only problem I have with what you wrote is the part about the Law of Moses.

I believe the scriptures teach that true believers that know the doctrine of Christ knows that we are not under the law.

The law of Moses and the OT in general is a shadow and type of the new covenant.

“At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death [COMMENT: Can you guess what the spiritual significance of this verse is? Think about it...]; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death� (Deu 17:6, KJV. Emphasis added).

This is a shadow of the other scripture you posted.

“In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established� (2Co 13:1, KJV. Emphasis added).

I believe the law of Moses is spiritual, but only in the fact that God uses it to show our sin, but once faith has come, then we our no longer under the schoolmaster, but the law of LOVE....the new covenant....the doctrine of Christ. (Gal 3:24-25)

If we are to keep the law of Moses in any way, then we are a debtor to keep the whole law. (Gal 5:3)

I believe that LOVE has fufilled the law of Moses and if you break any of them, then your really breaking the law of Christ.........LOVE!
(Matt 22:37-40....Rom 13:8-10....Gal 5:14)

In Christ,

Alan

Dan

Re: The afterlife isn't so alive!
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2006, 01:51:28 PM »

Quote from: nightmare sasuke
I'm currently writing a paper on why death is—death. I am going to give it to my pastor when I am done. Most of it I had written a while ago but I'm editing it and adding onto it. However, I was wondering if you guys could look it over, and tell me if you notice any heresy within it. I DO NOT want to give this paper to my pastor or anyone else until I know everything I am saying is scriptural. If you have any advice or recommendations, that will be helpful as well.

Since the paper is too long to post, I uploaded it to yousendit, the link is:
http://s41.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2S15BZR0L3G9P2NCWWPD9YM48Z

Please tell me what you think! And pray that God directs me in his truth especially with this paper.

how about adding this:

Rom 10:6  But the righteousness of faith says this: "Do not say in your heart, Who will go up into Heaven?" (that is, to bring down Christ);
Rom 10:7  or, "Who will go down into the abyss?" (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead.)

rvhill

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 04:18:19 PM »

Quote from: Alan

“At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death [COMMENT: Can you guess what the spiritual significance of this verse is? Think about it...]; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death� (Deu 17:6, KJV. Emphasis added).

Alan

I have alway took Revelation 11:3
And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth."  
to mean the New and old testament.

PS. I do agree with what you said, though.

nightmare sasuke

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2006, 04:30:01 PM »

Nightmare,

I believe the scriptures teach that true believers that know the doctrine of Christ knows that we are not under the law.

The law of Moses and the OT in general is a shadow and type of the new covenant.

“In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established� (2Co 13:1, KJV. Emphasis added).

I believe the law of Moses is spiritual, but only in the fact that God uses it to show our sin, but once faith has come, then we our no longer under the schoolmaster, but the law of LOVE....the new covenant....the doctrine of Christ. (Gal 3:24-25)

If we are to keep the law of Moses in any way, then we are a debtor to keep the whole law. (Gal 5:3)

I believe that LOVE has fufilled the law of Moses and if you break any of them, then your really breaking the law of Christ.........LOVE!

In Christ,

Alan

I need to research the subject more.

Alan

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 06:14:21 PM »

Quote from: rvhill

Alan

I have alway took Revelation 11:3
And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth."  
to mean the New and old testament.

PS. I do agree with what you said, though.

RV.....

What you quoted me on was actually Nightmare's quote from his paper. I just cut and pasted it. (out of laziness...LOL!)

From what I understand, the two witnesses of Revelation are God's elect, the overcomer.

People that lived before Christ's sacrifice aren't included in this (OT). They will be resurrected in the White Throne Judgment.

Alan

Alan

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2006, 06:20:03 PM »

Nightmare,

In Christ,

Alan

You have probably read Mike's paper on "The Law Of Moses vs. The Law Of The Spirit".

Check it out again.

Peace,

Alan

nightmare sasuke

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2006, 07:34:49 PM »

Nightmare,

In Christ,

Alan

You have probably read Mike's paper on "The Law Of Moses vs. The Law Of The Spirit".

Check it out again.

Peace,

Alan

I'm going to move on, but before I finish the paper, I will read Mike's article and edit my apparent heresy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.