bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Origins of Free-Will  (Read 4119 times)

Robert

Origins of Free-Will
« on: June 11, 2007, 04:39:08 AM »

I am curious to where free-will entered the church. To date my understanding is that ‘free-will’ is a belief taught by Plato and articulated in his analogical story ‘Plato’s Cave.’ (A bit like ‘The Truman Show’).
Platonic philosophy did enter into Catholic religious dogma via Thomas Aquinas and so (presumably) did ‘free-will.’ I am searching for more facts about this, and I am aware that what I have found out so far may only be a part of a bigger picture.
Obviously, ‘free-will’ does appeal to the carnal mind, so the influence of it upon the Church may have pre-dated Aquinas by many years.

jackson

Re: Origins of Free-Will
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 01:04:11 PM »

I've always thought the "concept" of free will intered into the church (the body of believers) with the deception of Eve. ;D ;D ;D

Jackson

gmik

Re: Origins of Free-Will
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 05:21:30 PM »

I love religious history.  Especially up to 300AD.  I was reading all that stuff when I found Ray.  Then it made a lot of sense.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.