bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's up with Love???  (Read 4154 times)

seminole

What's up with Love???
« on: June 12, 2007, 01:16:50 PM »

If this is a place to learn, let the thread go on about love your enemies. It was spiraling but it was what people thought. I don't see why it should stop. Let us learn from it but in a non-judgemental way. There was obviously something going on that needs to be aired out and finished. I don't understand why threads are locked during a discussion. I know Jesus sometimes used what is perceived as sarcasm and harshness. I don't see the reason for us to do it though.
Nole

hillsbororiver

Re: What's up with Love???
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 01:49:40 PM »

Hi Nole,

Sometimes it is better to let things cool down and then get back to a problem or a discussion than it is to "spiral" into a passionate free for all, exercising patience is a godly thing and I have found that while instant gratification may be immediate it is rarely gratifying for any length of time, especially when words may be spoken that could prove difficult to take back or soon forget.

Like I stated in the thread this is only temporary and I would much rather hear that it was locked too soon than have us experience the result of locking it too late.

Rom 15:5  Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:

1Co 9:25  And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

Jas 5:11  Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

His Peace, Comfort & Patience to all,

Joe

CDJ

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 02:02:05 PM »

Hi Nole,

See the moderators as the steering wheels of our discussions. Sometimes, like Joe just said, it's time to cool down, regroup and start again. I don't post much, but do read alot.

I prefer short threads, coz it's easier for newcomers to catch up.

Walk strong
:-)

seminole

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 04:29:23 PM »

Got it!
Nole
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.